“Top class - just as before - looking forward to going back again already” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clenaghans

You added Clenaghans to your Saves list
Clenaghans
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   48 Soldierstown Road, Aghalee BT67 0ES, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Aghalee B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Top class - just as before - looking forward to going back again already”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

It was a while since we had visited. Just the week before we went back to Clenaghans, we had a lovely meal in one of the so called top restaurants in Dublin.

We paid a visit to Clenaghans restaurant and after the meal I said to my wife that the meal was much better than we had in Dublin, which was quite a statement given the reputation that the Dublin restuarant comes with.

This restauarant really is one of the THE best and every time I go I am just blown away by the outstanding quality of the food that is on offer, not to mention the luxurious accomodation and the warmth of the welcome by the staff and maangement. Take a bow everybody !!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rosa suite last time and it was heavenly. But you can't go wrong with any of th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portrush, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have stayed here 3 times so far and we hope to be back a lot more.Gorgeous setting and apartments well equipped and unique. Service not 'in your face' and highly efficient-they make it look so easy,can't wait to go back!!!!
Food in restaurant-absolutely delicious with charming surroundings!!

Room Tip: Of the three rooms we have stayed they all have been excellent.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lurgan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I went last night for a meal and this was our first visit. The place is absolutely amazing, its full of charm and character and the ambiance was very chilled but also very professional and all this before the food which was absolutely delicious. It was a second birthday treat as the meal at another restaurant on the birthday night (ME:NU) was disasterous but this experience was sublime. This restaurant gets full marks on all fronts; food, service, ambiance and value. I can't wait to go back and show all my family what a lovely place this is and going by the other reviews I would love to stay over.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My birthday treat.... We stayed overnight in the most SUMPTOUS, CHARMING apartment, and enjoyed the most DELICIOUS meal in the beautiful restaurant, for £120! (not including the drink, obviously)
We loved every minute - it was a wee piece of heaven for the magical short time we were there. Now planning the next reason to treat ourselves so we can do it again asap.....

Room Tip: we stayed in the Lavery appt. It was gorge!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Newry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I don't know where to start. Go to Clenaghans, you will not be disappointed.

I stayed here a few days ago and could not wait to tell all my friends to go here!

Everything right down from the gorgeous suites packed with everything you need to the delicious food in the restaurant which was to die for.

If you're looking to getaway for a break, this place is fantastic and I can't believe I have been driving past this place to go to work for so many years without knowing what it was!

Staff superb. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lurgan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

The best eatery I've ever indulged in. Gloriously and well mannered Host and Hostess with an eye for fine dining and tasty cuisine. i would go no further than Clenaghan's for a delicious and eliquent meal.

Room Tip: Eliquent excellence. Try a apartment!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I had ate in Clenaghan's and stayed in the adjoining accomodation almost 2 years ago and had a very enjoyable experience back then. My wife and I were celebrating a siginificant birthday ( I won't tell you how many ) and another couple in our party were clelbrating their wedding anniversary. We had a few friends home from USA and I really wanted to celebrate in style and in luxury. So it just had to be Clenaghan's restaurant and accomodation. I was really hoping that the service, the style, the food, the ambience and the fun would be the same as before and I wasn't to be disappointed.
We booked in for our a special anniversary and booked the restaurant for Saturday night. There were 8 of us in total, so we booked 4 of the beautiful little self contained cottages, which have been painstakingly and beautifully restored by the owner ( you wouldn't guess that he is the owner he is so down to earth and so friendly ).

What a night !
We booked the restaurant for 8pm and were served some of the most delicious food that I've eaten in such a long time. I travel all over the world and have been in some of the most upmarket eateries and hotels that the world has to offer. But I had to come home to experience what was probably one of the most enjoyable dining experiences in my life.
All the food is beautifully prepared and cooked in the adjoining kitchen and nothing was too much for the chef. We deviated slightly from the choice on offer and nothing was a problem. My American friends were totally in awe ( and beleive you me, they're well used to fine cooking ). They say they've never had a dining experience to match this one and they were simply blown away by the luxury in the cottages, all of which have their own distinct character. The attention to detail in the careful restoration is incredible and the restoration job is like a work of art.

The service in the restuarant was of the highest order and the welcome afforded to us and the attention given to us by the owners was simply breathtaking.

I told the owners that we would be leaving the most postivie feedback imaginable as our experience was so good.
We haven't been regular visitors to the restuarant given but after this I think we'll be visiting on a more regular basis.

I think that an overnight stay ( or a couple of nights ) including a meal or two should be added to the 100 places to visit before you die !.

Room Tip: Try and get the Rosa Suite if you can !
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Clenaghans? Share your experiences!