“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Torrance

You added Ramada Torrance to your Saves list
Ramada Torrance
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2888 Pacific Coast Highway, Crenshaw & Hawthorne Blvds, Torrance, CA 90505   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
CA
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife had to attend a job-related nursing class at Little Co. of Mary Hospital and we stayed here one night. We booked this hotel not only because it is the closest to the hospital but it also is the least pricey among the 3 hotels in the area that allow pets (we brought our small dog with us). My wife's class was to last the whole day and I thought I could not spend the whole day hanging out in a mall, so I called the hotel and asked if I could check in early. The lady who took my call (Marlene or Marilyn?) was very friendly and accommodating and said I could. We really liked the room's cleanliness.However, wish they would do away with the small amenities (lotion,shampoo,conditioner)as they are not good for the environment.They should instead install shower gel and lotion dispensers in the shower like what some hotels do now.Also, they could make a little improvement on the breakfast (nothing but coffee, OJ, bagels/toasted bread, cereal). Definitely will stay in this hotel if we happen to be in the area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaInnTorrance, Owner at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear bowdoin9456, thanks for the great pet friendly review. We're glad you could mention our accommodations such as early check ins, and a personal thanks from Marlene for mentioning her great service. And thanks for the idea regarding small amenities, we are looking into this!! Hope we can see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
SANTEE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I really liked the laminate flooring in the room we had. Felt cleaner. King bed room was spacious enough. Black out curtains did their job and rooms were more quiet than most. A/C was in good shape and didn't make any more noise than was necessary. Had a parking spot right out in front of room and a fridge for keeping some foods for my son, and snacks for me and my wife. Just stayed the one night but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of sleep I achieved given the stressful circumstances surrounding our stay (in town for an early memorial service/funeral). I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Jorge S. thanks for mentioning our new laminate wood floors we just installed in all the rooms. We're glad the cali king bed and room were large enough to accommodate your needs. We do have sheer curtains and black out curtains in all rooms and was glad you enjoyed the personal a/c in all rooms as well. We hope to see you back soon and hopefully in better circumstances! Thanks again for the great review!
HAMPTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked on line for 5 days and went thru 3rd party by mistake. We travelled from VA to LA as my younger brother was dying. My wife and I arrived on the Monday night and checked in late after a visit at Torrance hospital. My brother passed away Wed night (midnight) and we needed to check out and go to Sacramento on Friday as my brother in law was dying. He also passed away. We asked the front desk person if we could be credited for the days we were not going to stay (Friday night, Saturday night), and was told we would have to speak to the manager who could not be found that evening. We were told he would be available in the morning. So in the morning we asked for him and was told he was not available but took our number and said he would call us. Which he did not.We had to leave for Sac and he still did not call. I was under a lot of emotional stress and feel that Ramada could have done something for us under the circumstances. We also had two other brothers that booked rooms on our recomendation. (Paul Carrion & Michael Carrion). We were very dissapointed that the manager would not even give us the time of day! Loved the laminate flooring instead of carpet. Convenient and close to the hospital for us. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear William C. we're truly sorry for all the inconveniences you received throughout your stay here. Due to the fact that your reservation was through a 3rd party website, they are the only ones who can alter/cancel your reservation. The general manager on property, Benjamin Wu, does fully apologize for not being able to get in contact with you; due to the Do Not Disturb card left on the door, we assumed that the room was still occupied and called several times to the room with no luck. We hope you truly understand that we are trying to do everything in our power to help the customer, but due to our contracts, things must be done through the correct channel. We're glad that you enjoyed the laminate flooring and our location relative to your destination. We're also thankful you found the room comfortable quiet and clean. Please call us directly with your next reservation and we will be more than willing to fully accommodate your needs and sincerely hope you will accept our apology and return to our property!

Been to Ramada Torrance? Share your experiences!