“Good value, excellent beds!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Torrance

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Torrance to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Torrance
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3673 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Torrance

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
OAKHURST
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

this hotel was the perfect location to family, the registration desk clerks wer friendly and accommodating house keeping friendly. This hIt would be nice to add hard boiled eggs at least to the breakfast menu.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife stayed here on a business trip a month ago, and now we decided to spend few days in this hotel with our family. The stay was very comforting. I really enjoyed the morning breakfast every day, and the breakfast lady was nice and even helped the kids to make waffles. The front desk was there to assist with any requests, and the newly added business center was indeed an asset. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed in hotel for over a month and it was excellent. Clean rooms with fully equipped (LCD, Refrigerator, Micro Oven, Air Conditioner, Non Smoking

The daily room cleaning always impressed me
Helpful front desk team with 24 hours service

Also I want management to offer better price for guest who intends to stay for a longer period

Room Tip: Always confirm for Wireless Connectivity in your room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Do not be deceived by the pictures on the website- does not reflect the quality or cleanliness of this facility. Booked a two-night stay. Paid extra for a "suite". Other than a slightly larger room there is nothing "suite" or "sweet" about this place.

Firstly, when checking in, neither the person at the front desk or the General Manager seemed to know what was going on or how to use their system. They kept whispering to each other with me standing right there, and honestly were acting very shady. Not the kind of reception I would expect.

Our room was on the 2nd floor and when we entered the elevator it made all sorts of strange noise, lurched upwards, and the doors did not stop as they should when I tried holding them open. VERY DANGEROUS! I thought, "Wow, that's not good!" And that's when I noticed the elevator permit was expired 12 months ago. VERY ILLEGAL! The elevator has not had its required annual inspection for nearly 2 years VERY DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL! (Picture included.)

Our "suite" was the darkest room I'd ever seen. It was stuck in a dark hallway corner which was used as the go-to smoking place for people. Every room had an ice bucket with a rock in the bottom of it set outside the door. I'm not sure if that was for cigarettes or to catch dripping water from the AC units...either way very dirty looking. While walking to the room I snapped a few pics of the green fungus that was growing on the carpeted walkway as well.

And then we got into the room...one of the worst rooms I have ever seen in my life. When we walked in the room was 85 degrees and very musty smelling. Looking around all the chairs in the room were badly stained and had not been cleaned in years. The ceiling had damage and poorly repaired damaged areas. There was what looked like food stains on the walls. The blankets were very dated and worn out. The entire floor was greasy feeling. The standard things were cleaned, but the deep cleaning and maintenance of the property were not looked after. (Something which I think falls on directly on the shoulders of the GM to oversee and manage.)

The worst and final straw for this place was when we finally decided to turn in for the night around 12am. Pulling back the blankets revealed a nasty looking stain ON THE SHEETS of this bed! Incredible! You cannot miss it. I honestly don't know if they even change the sheets here. (All of this is in the pics we took!)

The next morning I went to the front desk and told them we would not be staying the second night and would like our money back for the first night as this was less than acceptable to us. The only reason we didn't leave the first night was because it was already after midnight, and there's no way I was going to go out in the night to relocate somewhere else. The girl at the front desk was nice, although not sure of how to handle this situation, and never once made an apology. She said the GM wasn't in, and I could call her in a couple days to sort out the refund. I asked her to please call the GM so I could talk to her on the spot. After about 10 minutes of discussion with the GM (who was not very friendly at all and would not offer a refund until I told her I would dispute the charge on my card for lack of service rendered and file a complain with the California Department of Consumer Affairs) I finally got things sorted and left the property. Never to return.

My recommendation? NEVER STAY HERE! There are plenty of other motels/hotels in the area, including one that is known for their free cookies...where we ended up the second night. What a difference!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
PORTO ALEGRE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice hotel to stay in LA. If you want to be close to the beach, mall, restaurants this is a good place to stay ... the staff is very friendly and helpfull and the rooms are nice and proper! There is a small nice breakfast to start the day. I loved staying there and want to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Howard Johnson Torrance? Share your experiences!