“Comfortable and recently refurbished” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast + WiFi
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Torrance
SoBay, CA
“Comfortable and recently refurbished”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I live nearby and when home repairs required moving out short-term, I stayed three different times at this Residence Inn in the course of two weeks. I was so favorably impressed with the front desk staff. Each time, I felt they made a genuine effort to find the best rate available for me (and it did vary significantly, depending upon the day of the week.)
Several years ago, when visiting the area, I'd stayed at this Residence Inn very happily, but since then, they've upgraded the decor. Beds are extremely comfortable; wall colors and decorating touches very attractive. The kitchen is well outfitted, and the appliances and cabinets are really good-looking. Not a HUGE big deal, but it made a very positive impact.
[Similar to another reviewer's comments, there are some STRANGE people staying here. My stays included bridging New Year's Eve, and a very odd woman with pet was staying downstairs over several days. She harassed me about the beep my car made when I locked it using the remote.] The immediately proximate parking is otherwise extremely convenient.
The free breakfast is a nice inclusion, albeit not particularly inspired, with many people waiting for only two waffle machines. The serving staff members in the breakfast room are extremely attentive and courteous.
Also, I used the laundry facilities, which I almost never have occasion to do at hotels and was pleased with how new, clean and well-maintained the machines were. The laundry room itself was pristine, and my clothing came out perfectly - neither chewed up by the washer, nor burned by the dryer. Can't remember how much machines cost but not unreasonable.
For an attractive accommodation and nice staff, I recommend this Residence Inn.

Room Tip: During my three stays, I stayed in Buildings 23 and 21. I preferred Building 23, which is a little...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
frankeeper, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Torrance/Redondo Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for submitting comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found our staff to be courteous and efficient and that our accommodations more than met your needs. We look forward to your next visit.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have actually had many out of town guests stay at this location. It's convenient, the rooms are clean and well kept/stocked. The front desk staff is helpful and courteous. The staff works hard to keep people happy. The only downfall of this hotel are the guests themselves who act as if breakfast is their last meal of the day. Not sure what kind of system could be put into place to avoid the crazy atmosphere, but it's more of the guests' fault than the hotel.

Advice: get down to breakfast early and bring it back to your room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for more that 2 months and it is obvious that one can get mixed experiences in such a long stay.

I checked in to this hotel at this start of this summer (2012) just because it is very closely located from the place i was required to work at. The layout of the property is nice, equipped with multiple spas and a decent size swimming pool.

Location is ok - It is minutes away from major beach and a mall.

Breakfast was served on time but due to my long stay it became mundane to me so no comments.

General Service - It was extremely dry, people will be always be in a mode i can do this and i cant do that.

Room Tip: Try for 2 Bed room suits
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We took a weekend getaway here to explore the Redondo Beach area (we have two boys 4 and 7 years old). The location is less than 10 minutes from the beach itself and so if that's your goal... goal met.

There are a lot of restaurants around the hotel (everything you can imagine) and so in regards to eating, sleeping, convenience to the beach... it's perfect. Grocery store and a mall a few minutes away as well... nice. There is a pool and a few jacuzzis but since it was November... that was not an option. Parking was free and easy and that's always a convenience. There is breakfast every morning and that's just a nice extra. The breakfast itself is a little lacking for me but it's free so... can't complain (complaining: very cramped eating area, food was a little luke warm when I got there, options are sparse). We had a kitchen that could have been well used but... we ate out too much so... oh well.

The hotel is not in the greatest area... convenient... but not the greatest. You kind of feel like you're in an alley or behind a nice hotel where the deliveries happen and the trash gets picked up. It's a pet friendly hotel and we don't have pets and what I've realized it that the place has a general... pet "stink" to it. I'm not saying this is bad but... like places where smoking is allowed... it tends to spread (the smell) into everything no matter how well the place is cleaned. The hotel room itself was classic Marriott.... wonderfully plain. I mean this in a good way. Queen bed with full size sofa bed/pull out couch... desk with nice office chair... clean bathroom.

The wireless internet was very spotty. I would get it in chunks.... a few minutes of speedy service followed by no service at all. They did offer about $5 per day for better service but if you advertised free... should be free.

I'm rambling now... great trip and an average Marriott. Lots of good... nothing bad... a few things to be desired.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friend and I stayed here because we could not find a fancier hotel in the Manhattan Beach or Hermosa Beach area that we liked. This is not a knock against Residence Innn, just a knock at the lack of hotels on the beach in this area. I had Marriott reward points to pay for the stay, and decided this hotel was in a good locale and would fit the bill for the two nights it was needed. And it did fit the bill.

Here are the main points (to me):

Staff was excellent.

Three good hot tubs, one at the main pool, the others in locations not far from room. If you like hot tubs, this place delivers. And they were barely used, so if you like privacy, your in luck.

Breakfast-Great

Size of Rooms-Great

Bed-Not very comfortable

Close proximity of any and everything you could need as a traveler-yes, and walking distance too.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be in good locations and not far from the main office
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
frankeeper, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Torrance/Redondo Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for posting you comments about our hotel in Trip Advisor. We are delighted you found our accomodations and service to your satisfaction. We are looking forward to your return.
Wayland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel during a getaway for a few days in Southern California. I stayed here a couple of years ago and was very comfortable. The hotel is centrally located in the South Bay area. It is clean and family friendly. The have security there in the evening to make sure that you are not disturbed which makes you feel very safe. This is located near two large shopping malls which are relatively upscale. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
frankeeper, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Torrance/Redondo Beach, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel
Bavaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently stayed at the Residenco Inn Redondo Beach and could not have found a better accomodation. The penthouse suite was perfect, clean and well kept...the grounds fantastic and super clean, well kept. We all enjoyed the pool during our stay. The propertyis very quiet. No noise from highways etc. The Del Amo Fashion Mall is just a quick walk !!! away from the hotel. We very much appreciated that. Will always come back to this place and can really recommend it. Breakfast and manager reception same same as good as in all Residence Inns. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles Torrance/Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!