“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Sta Rosa, Laguna
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Good location
Restaurants are within area of accessibility
Starbucks
In-house restaurant offers variety of food
Good music
Prompt check in and out transactions
Commendable Concierge team; very supportive

Room Tip: Best to choose a room opposite of the Mall construction site
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

yes, its a marriott. yes it does a nice bar and a starbucks. and many other amenities. BUT what it does not have is silence and peace. there is a huge construction site just opposite the hotel - construction will only be finished by fall 2015. until then: STAY AWAY! oh, and if you wish for a relaxing weekend there?! forget that too. there are always weddings, partys, meetings, right now some teenagers have a kind of convention there - and you can imagine them thundering up and down the hallways. ps: yes i even went out the door in my nightgown to ask them to keep it down. later i called reception to send someone up to get them to be more quiet. hopefully tonight will be a bit better. yes, i am writing this while i am still in the hotel. (not my decision, my company sent me here) my recommendation: stay away!

Room Tip: take a room facing north, away from the constuction site!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

recently stayed at Marriott South Bay in Torrance. The staff at this location are very friendly, helpful, and always there to serve. The Rain wine bar is vibrant with plenty of terrific choices. The lobby is very modern with high end furnishings. The hotel rooms look like it is time for a remodel, yet the rest of the amenities and location make this my choice while traveling in this area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I want to begin by saying I am an employee at another Marriott so when I travel, I don't mean to, but I compare. I must say that I was very pleased with my stay and would be glad to return!

It was a bit of a rough start. By mistake I made my reservation for Friday and Saturday night when it was supposed to be only Saturday night. Again, my fault completely. So Friday night around 2am I got a bad feeling about the hotel so I checked my confirmation and what do you know? I was supposed to be there that night! I called the hotel and asked If I could just come on in because I was a couple towns away and didn't want to be charged without using the room. The lady who answered told me that the entire reservation was cancelled... My stomach dropped! I absolutely needed Saturday night. I got a bit frustrated because the policy at least at our hotel is that we check the guest in and if the credit card declines THEN we cancel the guest and if it does go through we contact the guest in the morning. I didn't see an authorization on my credit card so I was confused about this. I was transferred to central reservations and then to the Associate line who then told me that the hotel would be able to do that..... so I called the girl back and she unsympathetically said she wasn't able(Even though I could have walked her through the process) so I realized she wasn't going to help a fellow Marriott family member out I decided to just call it a night and call back in the morning. So after a stressful nights sleep I call back the next morning. All I had to do was explain to the person on the phone what had happened and simply said "Ok miss Lowe you are all set we will see you today!" REALLY?!? It was that easy for you but impossible the night before??? I just dropped it because I wanted to enjoy my evening.

So we arrive at the hotel and again I was explaining the situation to the girl checking us in and she was sympathetic enough to comp our parking and was pleased that we preferred the Accessible rooms(because they are larger) since thats all that was ready at the time. I must say she was VERY professionally kind. That is the kind of service I provide my guests and I appreciate being treated the same. I also want to mention the valet/bellman was very friendly and at our feet to help immediatly. They really deserved the tip they recieved.

The room was nice. I love the HUGE bathrooms and the bed was ever so comfy. We REALLY enjoyed the pool(In December!) My boyfriend and his friend enjoyed a game of LARGE chess. On our next visit we would like to visit the Zen Lounge. But this location is in walking distance to the mall AND a Chipotle!

All in all we really had a great time aside from the small hiccup in the beginning. I will gladly return and recommend to others. :)

Room Tip: If you plan on arriving late make sure to call because your room may be given away!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Oldsmar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really like Marriott's but they need to start including free parking and Internet.
Rooms clean good service and a Starbuck's in the lobby.
Building a big mall across the street should be finished in 2015. Construction noise in the morning but we were only there for one night and up early anyway.

• Stayed November 2014
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

We are frequent guests of this Marriott, and just love it. Our daughter lives near by so we are here at least every other month. The staff is amazing, and recognize us as return guests. Javier at the front desk is especially welcoming. We are Marriott gold and take advantage of the Concierge level. The staff there remember our names, and personal things about us. Talk about great customer relations. The food for breakfast and "happy hour" there is really, really good. I can't recommend this Marriott enough, everyone from the bell staff, parking attendants to front desk staff seem to truly care. Also we very much enjoy seeing all the flight crews that come and go from here.

Room Tip: There is a side that looks onto the new shopping center, so there is a little noise. Ask for a high...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Great rooms, lovely pool, and outside area. Amy at the front desk was very helpful. She suggested the Chart House which was an amazing view of the water and great food. Thank you Amy, we all enjoyed! I would definitely suggest this Marriott to business travelers or leisure travelers.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Torrance Marriott? Share your experiences!