“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was a very nice stay, just one nite, but very nice clean rooms and hotel in general seemed very clean. This property is a high rise and I believe we were on the 10th floor. Nice view at nite and the pool and hot tub is on the 3rd floor so it's quite and private, and very nice.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a very enjoyable stay at the Holiday Inn Torrance recently. I was upgraded to an executive room on the top floor which included breakfast and evening drinks. In the weekend, the breakfast was in the main restaurant on the ground floor. The room was large and did everything it needed to do. The room had an awesome view and you could see the Goodyear Blimp taking off and landing which was breathtaking to see. Parking is plentiful and the WIFI was free and fast. The staff really are exceptional at this hotel. In particular, Maine and Rhyne on reception. They were so kind and helpful and always had a hello, or see you later, when I passed through reception. Oscar in the restaurant at breakfast time was awesome; he was always so friendly and considerate. There are so many choices of hotel in the LA area, but I always come back to the Holiday Inn Torrance. Yes it’s in an area of Company HQ’s etc, but it feels very safe. Everything else is a short drive away, so a car is probably essential. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Get a view over the freeways to see the Goodyear Blimp taking off and landing.. The room was silent...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

I'm an IHG platinum member and I travel here on business quite often. Between this hotel and the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro, I've probably stayed over 100 nights in 2014. so far so I'm very familiar with both hotels.

Pros: The front desk staff is always cheerful and very helpful. The business center is convenient if you need to print a boarding pass or check into a flight.

It's always been quiet and I can always count on a good night's sleep here. This hotel does a lot of business with airlines and business travelers. I've never had a problem with noise.

The restaurant has good food but the menu is a bit limited; If you've stayed at many Holiday Inn's you'll recognize the menu.

The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I stay at quite a few Holiday Inn's and I can always rely on a comfortable bed and pillows.

The pool and spa are nice for a quick dip after the days work. There is a small fitness center on-site (a few treadmills and a couple of machines).

Cons: There is nothing within walking distance, but they do have a shuttle. So if you're in the mood for something other than the hotel restaurant, you can still get out.

Summary: Ideal for business travel.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room here. If you have a room facing the freeway, you may get to see the good year b...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

I stayed here one night when a plumbing problem at home forced me out of the house. I used hotel points and did not pay anything out of pocket. I was greeted warmly on arrival, and quickly provided my room. Though there were other guests in adjoining rooms, they did not seem very noisy to me. The place was spotlessly clean, though there was a slight musty "hotel" odor that many places have. Most of the furnishings were new and in fine condition, some scratches and abrasions in a few places. Bed was comfortable though the springs made some noise when moving around. Water pressure was fine on the 12th floor. I did not try the restaurant. The local area is a business park so you may need to travel if you don't eat there. Overall a good stay and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: It's a tall building for the area, so a high floor will give good views of the surrounding L.A...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Pompano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

Unfortunately my company has returned booking rooms here for our crew members ! I was given a room and had to return downstairs fir a new room as the one on the 6th floor smelled so bad .(like pee from an animal ) I encountered another crew member going back diwn as her assigned room had not been cleaned . I was given another room , not much better , hot and musty . I turned on a/c and had to turn down adjustment to 72 to cool down room, and guess what not fresh air either coming from vent .(musty smell )
Went to use portable coffee maker in room (I washed thoroughly ) filled with bottle water and it didn't work ! Called down to front desk and when I informed rep and requested another one , she stated to me , "well what 's wrong with it ?She Didn't really sound like she wanted to go to the trouble of getting me a replacement . What am I the coffee maker fixer . Did receive another one a short time later .
Bathtub very dirty , wonder if it was adequately cleaned . 2 black hairs found in each corner on top of tub , one curly and one straight (took photos ) FYI , I don't have black hair or even close to that color . Just wonder really how well they clean these rooms . Going to be a long month as I'm here all of October per my company . Yuk :(
This hotel is in middle of office buildings , nothing near by and certainly not too safe for walking about . Have to rely on hotel van to shuttle one about

• Stayed September 2014
Julie R, Manager at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Our sincere apologies that your airline has chosen the Holiday Inn Torrance for your overnight stays. We pride ourselves on our on-line reputation and regret that you find the hotel "prison-liked", we offer complimentary shuttles to anywhere our guests want to go - we even added beach run just for your crews. I will review your comments with the desk, just so you know I offer complimentary coffee for the crew members at the front desk.

Please contact me directly the next time you are here -

Julie Robey
X 570
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Front of House Staff - top notch!!! Other staff - not so much!! Not so busy in restaurant that staff closed early - woman staff member didn't even look at you - must have been having a bad day...hotel operator was in the same league too, when I called to asked for some cutlery to be delivered to my room, she put me through to Room Service, and I was told to go downstairs to the restaurant to collect it myself!! mmmmmm ...where is the service?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Julie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
My apologies for the treatment you received from our Restaurant and PBX staff - We post all of our reviews for the employees to see. Sometimes just seeing what the guest thinks helps us to change the behavior of the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Julie Robey - GM
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our recent trip. Right from the moment we arrived to when we checked out I have to say the staff were the most friendly we have ever experienced in a hotel. 5 stars for this. Maine in particular was very helpful on local beaches and things to do.

The rooms were spacious, immaculate, so comfortable and to top it off for me they provided Bath and Body Works toiletries. They even tolerated my endless requests for more obviously knowing these were heading straight to the suitcase. It does seem at first this is in an industrial area however it was a 10 minute drive to Manhattan Beach which was far nicer than Venice Beach. We went to the Del Amo shopping centre as this was around 10 minutes away. We felt safe and secure in this property and I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was great and we didn't request a view or anything. The standard of this hotel I would...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Torrance? Share your experiences!