We booked a king suit for 2 adults and 5 years old for 3 nights on July 2007 directly with hotel two days in advanced.
We arrived for check-in at 3:30pm. Our VERY SMALL room next to the vending/ice machine was ready. But no microwave, no fridge inside even though it was promised at the time we booked a room. We were driving long way so decided to have a rest right away. Sofa bed was not made (no bedding at all!) and we found just one pillow in the closet (no blanket either). Called the reception and were told to check the shelves under the TV stand. Finally we found a bedding but it was WET! Called reception and ask about dry bedding, extra pillow and blanket and started unpack. At 4:30pm I went to reception with wet bedding to ask what’s going on. The receptionist was surprised that I still did not get anything. She called housekeeping and I was told that the bedding waiting to be dry…even without a usual “Sorry about that!”
Same night when we returned to the hotel we found bedding on the sofa bed. It still was not made!
I can not sleep well because of the lack of refrigerators people went for ice late nights and early mornings. And this ice machine (which was next to my door) makes unforgettable sound.
The next morning we started with breakfast. The food was not fresh, the potato was spicy, and so our 5 years old refuse to eat it. No fresh fruits except bananas. To find a one CLEAN teaspoon you have to check at least 5 of them. Glasses with a chip. At the end of our breakfast we got a check to pay for the breakfast. That was first time when we book hotel with a breakfast and have to pay for it! For the $12 they priced for the breakfast per person, you can find a better place to eat just a block away.
If you add the hole on the shades, tiny room and luck of the management, you would agree this is not the place you would love to spend nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Torrance/Palos Verdes boasts a state-of-the-art lobby which provides greater choices with flexible spaces to work or relax in, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news and weather conditions via our GoBoard(R). A great place for breakfast or happy hour in Torrance, the hotel's modern lobby has The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.(R) which serves healthy food and beverages in the morning, including Starbucks(R) coffee and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy luxurious bedding in newly renovated guest rooms with balconies, 37" LCD HDTV's, mini-refrigerators and complimentary high-speed internet. The hotel also features two meeting rooms, self-service laundry facility, outdoor pool, fitness center and complimentary on-site parking. Located in Torrance California, we are conveniently located just blocks from Del Amo Fashion Center Mall and near the Long Beach Cruise Terminal, downtown Redondo Beach and the gorgeous LA views from the Palos Verdes cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes Hotel Torrance
- Courtyard Torrance
- Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance
- Torrance Courtyard
- Torrance Marriott