“Great hotel, shame about the noise” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
“Great hotel, shame about the noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I love staying here. It's clean, comfortable and the staff are super friendly. For the second day in a row, however, I'm subjected to parties blasting their music from a speaker at the pool so loudly I can hear it clearly through the closed door. It's awful music and I want to relax. I don't understand why the hotel allows it.

Room Tip: Don't get a poolside room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I'm sorry that your last stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please know that our guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. Our leadership team has come together to review our noise policy and have fully committed to making sure we adhere to the policy so that our guests are not inconvenienced in any way. I hope that we see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I occasionally have to travel to Torrance/Redondo Beach and have found that very few hotels in the area offer rooms with 2 Queen beds. Usually either a King or a 2 double bed room is the only option. Last week I searched at least 30 hotels and came up with only 5 that had the 2 queen beds (needed as we are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids)---this Courtyard was one of those I found and I'm glad I did. Good, safe, well landscaped location, close to many restaurants (driving), and Del Amo Shopping Center (very large outdoor mall). Hotel had free Wi-Fi that was easy to use and an excellent signal, free/plentiful parking, rooms were large, in excellent shape, lovely bed linens, in a quiet area. Very small fridge in room--nice to have.

Breakfast was not quite what I like, sort of a pay for what you want, self-service "bistro" with only a few options (muffins, bagels, cold cereal, and a few other things). This was well publicized, so not a surprise--but they did also have a small selection of snacks for purchase which was appreciated, plus a few computer terminals and a printer for boarding passes. Pool looked nice. Bistro area was nicely presented, but instead we drove down the street a 1/2 mile for a hot breakfast as we were on vacation. We will definitely return. $140 total for the night.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room, facing the parking lot (not the courtyard) and we still felt it was very qu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to complete this great review. We would also like to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Torrance. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our accommodations like the 2 queen beds and a quiet hotel suited your needs.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I frequently stay at this hotel, it is conveniently located to my one of my work destinations, as well as the staff here always makes me feel like a valued guest.
Whether it is Jennifer, Gloria, or any other member of the staff, they are consistent in a check-in procedure, which is always quick and friendly.

When staying in this area, I don't hesitate to select this hotel; I know I will be able to comfortably complete my goals and tasks while in this area.

Thank you to the entire staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
It makes me very proud that you had such a wonderful stay with us and I would like to sincerely thank you for filling out this review.
I would also like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard. We pride ourselves in providing the best service possible for all of our guests.
We thank you for continuing to stay with and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We needed to stay relatively close to San Pedro. Since I had previously lived in Torrance and knew the area we decided on this hotel. From check-in to check-out everyone was super nice and helpful. When we checked in Gloria helped us. I told her I had not been able to get any discounts when booking and that we were not there for pleasure. (It was for a memorial service for a family member.) She was able to arrange a discount that was to our satisfaction. When I had a problem using my key card in the door to my room I went back to tell her and she personally came back to my room with me to help. The room was spacious, quiet and very clean. Besides Gloria there were also Ruby, Karen, Erika and Jennifer who were always very friendly and attentive. Now to the Bistro. The breakfasts were good with healthy options as well as bacon and eggs, and the burger I had for dinner was tasty. However, I did purchase the $20 per day (for two people) breakfast option and from the math I did It would have probably been less expensive to purchase the breakfasts outright, at least at this hotel. The first time I walked into the Bistro I was greeted by Stephanie who had the most welcoming smile on her face as if she were greeting a treasured friend or a customer who she had seen many times before. (This was my first time there.) The other ladies at the Bistro were equally welcoming. They were Sudavi, Zahi (spelling?) and Veronica. When I ate breakfast at home this morning I missed them! This is a very good place to stay in the South Bay area, with easy access to the freeways.

Room Tip: I was glad I was on the second floor. We arrived around 11pm and when I pulled into our parking spa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I can't tell you how important it is to me that we recognize our Super Star employees. All of the associates mentioned on your review are outstanding and continue to impress myself and our guests day after day. Thank you for staying at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard and hope to see you again!!!
consum1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I just left the Torrance Palos Verde Courtyard, and it was a very nice stay. It was quiet and clean, just what I needed since I had recently stayed at another Marriott brand hotel which was not. This is a regular style courtyard with great suites. The cleaning staff does a great job of keeping everything looking and smelling great. The staff was professional and most of all, the carpets, common area and rooms were very clean. It is located in a great area with lots of great food options and the mall is in walking distance. I will stay here next time I am in the area for business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard on your recent visit to Torrance. I thank you for taking the time to complete this review on TripAdvisor! We absolutely do everything we can to maintain our hotel to the level our guests have come to expect of Marriott. The main component of that is our friendly and wonderful staff. Our associates work extremely hard every day to achieve this and I'm proud that it shows through. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the future!
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms, plenty of space to relax and close to everything, but the staff is what really set this site apart. I arrived early and Karen made an extra effort to have a room prepared for my early arrival. The day staff, the night staff, housekeeping... all were accommodating to the degree that I felt like the only guest - and the most important one.

The only thing I missed was a continental breakfast, but they have a fabulous "Bistro" to purchase fresh foods, and the staff was very understanding about my need for more than one morning cup of coffee.

Overall, and excellent experience, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Courtyard/pool view was really nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CYTORRANCE, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard during your visit to Torrance. I am proud to hear that during your stay, you were made to feel so special and important. As a Courtyard Marriott, we truly value our guests and do everything we can to ensure each and every one of our guests receives the highest level of Service. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey and hope that you stay with us again!!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Location. Staff. Cleanliness. Just about everything was perfect. The check in was quick. The breakast was up too the mark. Just a small request, extend your bar timings till at least 12. Even at the day of checkout, they extended my time till 2pm without any extra charge :) Will definitely stay here again. Thank you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed everything with your stay and were able to experience our wonderful guest service. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes? Share your experiences!