“Avoid this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
“Avoid this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Cheap hotel. Poor security. Walls are paper thin. You can hear your neighbors talk in adjacent rooms very clearly. Hotel is also situated beside a very busy street. Lots of traffic vehicle noise . Hotel has an outside elevator located in the parking lot. This elevator can be accessed from anyone wanting to enter this hotel. No hotel key is needed to access building from the outside by anyone. This is poor security. The room we were given had an un lockable main door. Dead bolt not working. Also, they advertise wi -fi service, however this did not work at all on our I pads or apple I- phones we had. Wi -fi service was off all night and turned on at 6 am in the morning within hours of check-out time. Rooms were clean. A/C worked. Cheap hotel for $78 bucks, but I will never come back. Personal safety is more important to me than trying to save a buck.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

There is really not much to star about this hotel. It is a Super 8. The interior corridors and my room's bathroom needed refurbishing...old carpet, moldy.

It is true that rooms have a very strong smell of chemical detergent.

One anecdote is when I checked in very late at night the front desk clerck (most likely the hotel owner) was sleeping in his pajama in a foldable bed on the floor... Super 8 class.

I don't planto visit this location again...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Perfect to wait for an early morning flight or to have a cheap bed after a long journey.
Typical motel, very near the airport, free shuttle service and hot beverages available 24/7.
I appreciated the fast check-in and shuttle booking. As soon as you check in they directly book you on the shuttle, I think it's almost taken for granted that if you stay there, it's just because you need the free ride to LAX. It runs every 30 minutes and it's perfectly on time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The Super 8 is pretty conveniently located just a couple of minutes from LAX. It offers free shuttle service to the airport, free wi-fi, parking and breakfast. Rooms are clean and well kept and the staff is generally nice.
The only drawback is the terrible noise. Don't expect to sleep comfortably for you're going to hear planes landing at any time of the day and night and sometimes they might seem to be actually flying into your room.
For this only reason I can only suggest the Super 8 LAX if you're in need of a convenient and cheap place to spend the night (or part of it) before an early flight.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times. This last time I stayed was the only time I had an issue with anything. We walked into our room, room 312, and it smelled like bong water had spilled on the carpet and had never been cleaned up.
We had requested a smoking room, so I didn't expect the room to smell amazing, but the bong water smell made my stomach turn.
We aired the room out and after the smell was lost to us, I realized again why I love this hotel---the owner is awesome, I always feel like family when I walk into the check in area, lots of smiles and I've never felt more at home in another hotel.
But, be sure if you bring the kids to also bring the ear plugs---you'll more than likely hear people doing it. The walls are hollow. Haha.

• Stayed April 2011
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Me and my husband stayed here for our anniversary. While this hotel rate was well within our budget, the sacrifice of quality was not worth it. The room was very cramped as opposed to the more spacious rooms we have stayed in before. Although staying in a hotel does mean you are occupying a space that a stranger has previously slept, showered, and stayed in, you don't tend to think about that while you're there. However in this hotel, it was obvious that other people had been in the room which is a little uncomfortable. The furniture was chipped and some of the pillow cases looked like they had dirt on them. The bathroom was nice, although you did have to hold the knob down everytime you flushed the toilet. The walls are a little thin, so if you're staying in the room as a family, be aware you might hear activity coming from other rooms.

The outside view of the hotel and in the picture looks nice and presentable, but as you pull in the parking lot, you can see signs of wear and tear on the building and the parking lot is very small and tight. Customer service was poor. As soon as we entered the office to check in, it didn't feel warm and inviting. It felt as if we were disturbing them. Our business was certainly not appreciated. If you're just trying to get the bare minimum for the cheapest price, I would recommend this hotel, but if you're looking for something comfortable, I'd say pay the few extra bucks to get something better.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

I was suprised on how nice the room was for the price. The bed was huge, very soft and comfortable, bathroom was spacious and nice. I liked the little amenities like the blow dryer, mini fridge, coffee maker, and iron. The room was decorated as if you were staying in a home and not a motel. The room felt very clean and cozy. The only downfall was the walls are too hollow and you can hear everything from the people staying above you or next door. I could hear the people next door doing it and it was really awkward and annoying! Other than that, it was a nice room, hopefully you wont be stuck staying next to noisy people!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
S8Torrance, Manager at Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next trip to town and hope to serve you again soon.

Been to Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area? Share your experiences!