“I miss the old Romano's Macaroni Grill” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Torrance, CA
“I miss the old Romano's Macaroni Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I miss the white Gladiolas, the large bottles of house wine, and the old menu. The old Macaroni Grill had more of a family kitchen aspect to it. The food is still delicious, but I miss the italian names and style the restaurant use to have.

The service was still wonderful and did the food taste.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Naha, Okinawa
“Good family restaurant, but did the portions shrink...?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

My family used to eat here regularly, but hadn't for a while, so wasn't sure if the portions actually did get smaller, but it seemed like it.

One other "complaint" is that we had a party of 12 (3 kids included) and had a reservation (which is a HUGE plus, because many places around here don't take reservations), but still waited nearly 30 minutes. They weren't overly crowded, but..... we weren't too upset as we had fun just catching up.

Other than portion surprise and waiting, the service is pretty friendly, and pretty right on. We had a special birthday cake for which they also accomodated. Being able to write on the tables is a plus for kids, including having a decent kids' menu. The atmosphere is nice as the dining area is in a wide open space.

It really has been one of our favorite places to go, but when the entrees came out, we were a bit taken aback. Maybe it's the recession - certainly many places are doing that rather than raising prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Torrance,CA
“Are there any adults working here?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

The new menu items at Macaroni Grill enticed me to try it again. The restaurant was about 1/3 full at 8PM on a Saturday night. I figured everyone was a home trying to save money. We were promptly seated directly next to the busboy prep area with the staff brushing by us to obtain set-ups for the tables. My wife asked if we could be seated somewhere else since the restaurant was fairly empty. We were given a better table and proceeded to order. The food was fine I guess and the current menu appeals much more to me than the previous one. I have a big problem with the service however. Our waitress was very friendly but totally unaware of our needs. (no drink refills without asking, no fresh ground pepper for salad, no fresh cheese for pasta, etc.) I would have liked to see a manager visiting the tables or at least circulating in the dining room to make sure things were as they should be. When I see a bunch of twentysomething waiters/waitresses standing around with nothing to do, it usually means that there is no one in charge. This is basically the reason I had not been back to this restaurant since my last visit several years ago. If someone is actually in charge of the dining floor, please make your self visible and do something to improve your restaurant; have a little self-pride for goodness sake.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere