“Clean, comfortable room in excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3525 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Palm Desert, California
“Clean, comfortable room in excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed at this ESA before as well as the one a mile away at Del Amo Circle. They are comparable but since the latter was recently renovated, the prices were about $10 a night more for the same accommodations. So I selected Torrance Blvd.

The room was clean, nicely furnished, and had a kitchenette with 2 burner electric stove (no oven), full sized refrigerator, stainless steel sink (no disposer), and quite a few cabinets. We stayed a week and made green smoothies every day and cooked in every night because we're very nutrition conscious and generally mistrust the processed, non-organic/GMO food served by most restaurants. Kitchen utensils, cookware, and supplies can be custom ordered and are supplied by the front desk. No blenders but they offer a toaster. If you're a gourmet cook, bring some of your own stuff.

We had an issue with the refrigerator going out early in our stay and we lost most of our organic produce, dairy, and some poultry before we discovered that it wasn't keeping the food cold. I was slow to realize it because the light illuminated when the fridge door was opened and the freezer worked fine. Once I informed the front desk, the refrigerator was promptly replaced with another. Had some problem getting reimbursed for spoiled food, but finally got a credit from the on duty manager that was somewhat less than my actual loss.

However, when I filled out an Extended Stay America online survey and detailed the problem, the General Manager very promptly (like 10 minutes later) wrote me a personal email with additional reimbursement and apologized for the inconvenience of throwing out spoiled food and having to unload and reload refrigerators. I consider this excellent customer service and appreciated the unsolicited credit he said would be put on my Amex account shortly. Thanks Saul Perez.

The hotel is about 2.5 miles from the ocean and Redondo Beach Pier. It's across from the Del Amo Mall and about 1.5 miles from Trader Joe's and 3.5 miles from Costco. All good if you're cooking in and want nutritious sources (Whole Foods Market is also nearby). For those eating out there are a plethora of restaurants of all types nearby so the only problem would be choosing where to eat.

You pretty much need a car if you're going to stay here for any length of time. There is convenient, adjacent parking, easy ingress and egress, but a lot of traffic on Torrance Blvd. We could hear some traffic noise from our room, which was a couple down from the south end of the building fronting the street. However, the noise was not an issue.

Am returning to this same hotel just after the first of August for 2 more weeks for some more beach time and relaxation. Obviously I wouldn't stay there again if I didn't feel I was getting good value for dollars spent.

Room Tip: King bed rooms are slightly larger but also a few dollars a night more expensive. If sleeping alone...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Palm Desert, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay for one night that was in a safe area. This fit the bill. Room was clean, however, smelled of smoke and did indeed have an ashtray in the kitchen. I was surprised, as I thought smoking wasn't allowed in hotels in California. I was also surprised that there was no shampoo/lotions or amenities of any type in the rooms. Being that we were there for just the one night, I hadn't brought any with us.

The woman checking us in was a bit disjointed and all over the place. Wasn't focused on our check-in at all.

If you're going to the Torrance / Redondo Beach area, this is in a good location. Right across the street from the Del Amo Mall and Redondo Pier is only about a 10 minute drive.
It served our needs for this trip, however, I'd not stay here for any length of time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean room; however, we sorry to hear that you were not informed of our available amenities. We do offer bathroom toiletries for our guest at the front desk. We are working with our front desk staff to fully inform our guests of our available amenities during check-in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact us, at LTO@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Disappointing customer service. Manager is rude and looks like he belongs in a gang, with tattoos all over his neck, and so do some of the employees! Rooms dirty. Low quality furniture and beds. If you ask the maids for something off the housekeeping cart, they tell you no, go to the front desk and get it! Rates are way too high for this dirty gangbanger hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

No frills hotel however, perfect for our purpose. Lobby, halls and room neat and clean. Kitchen amenities clean and saved us a significant amount of money by cooking our own food. Grab and go breakfast just right. Grounds well maintained. Easy drive from Los Angeles International Airport. Front desk staff, specifically Jose and Tammy, have first class customer service skills and saw to our every need. We stayed 6 nights for AYSO national tournament.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Booked this hotel with a package. I always like to get some type of kitchen. I did not book a smoking room but got one anyway. 1st night I could not sleep at all. Everything is scratchy! Sheets are really scratchy and all the paper products are scratchy! Come to find out they are "Green" products. After 2 nights in smoking I got pretty sick. They did move me the third night, but I had to get upset at them, which I really don't do very often. Don't stay here unless you have too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Nice location close to Del Amo Mall, but the hotel caters to smokers and pet owners, so the third floor smells like smoke, and many rooms smell like pets. You will often find pet urine in the hallways also. Some of the staff are friendly, but most aren't. Jose and the black woman at the front desk aren't very helpful. Beds are very hard, but that is typical of this chain. Pros: Kitchen area with fridge and microwave, nice parking lot, good location, free fast internet, and laundry room. Cons: No exercise room, rude front desk and maid staff, smoke, pets, thin walls, and could be cleaner. A hotel that bills itself as an extended stay hotel should really have either an exercise room or an arrangement with a local gym for guests to work out there for free.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The room is very good and quite clean.
Service of the hotel is very good.
But a plug of bath of room No. 208 didn't work.
I wanted to fill up hot water in the bath tab.
I don't know why, but it smelled bad in front of our room.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.

Address: 3525 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503
Location: United States > California > Torrance
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Torrance
Extended Stay Torrance
Torrance Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.