“A Tad Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3525 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Upland, California, United States
“A Tad Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

A/C was persnickety at best and eventually had to just open the window.

Somewhat underlit.

Everything clean and new in appearance.

Complete kitchenette in the suite. Expect some weird smells in the hallways, since you can cook in your room.

OK, but seemed somewhat overpriced.

Plenty of hot water and fluffy towels.

Jessica at the front desk was very helpful when our Expedia reservation could not be found in their system.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My room was infested with fleas!! It took management 2 days to get someone out to spray. When they did come out they attempted to open the door with the room key they received from management without notifying me!!! Isn't this illegal? Can anyone recommend a good attorney in the area?

Also there was a prostitute "living" next door for over a year and a half. She entertained her guests between the hours of 11pm and 5:30am. I notified management and even HIS MANAGER and absolutely nothing was done!! She also had a dog which barked constantly when she escorted them down the stairs.

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!!! Not unless you're into fleas and hookers!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oceanside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

While in the L.A. area for business and our 10th wedding anniversary, we decided to spend the night at
Extended StayAmerica Los Angeles-Torrance. We were able to get a great price and the accommodations were very nice...recently renovated. From the time we arrived until the time we left, we felt like we were part of the family. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again. As mentioned, the hotel has recently been renovated and has up-to-date amenities. Our room came with a full kitchen, flat screen television, free Wi-Fi and a king sized bed. We had one minor issue, but Tammy the front desk manager personally came to our room and remedied the situation. Now that is customer service!!! All-in-all, a great time had by all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Barry - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you decided to stay with us again on such a memorable occasion. We hope you had a great time celebrating your 10th anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back for your 11th Anniversary!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I travel infrequently but I like to feel "at home" as much as possible. For the money, I like to feel that I wasn't cheated by cutting corners. At this location, I got more than I expected. The kitchen was well-appointed, although I couldn't take advantage of most of it (I'm strictly kosher -- even brought my own small microwave). For the complimentary continental breakfast, almost everything was individually wrapped and kosher! This is rare in my recent travels. If some special flavor had run out, they quickly resupplied it upon request. The TV & remote worked fine & the bathroom was clean. The only problem was that the 2nd room for our traveling party was up one floor (that's life). The a/c was great -- I was never uncomfortable. A great bargain! Plus I couldn't hear any traffic from the nearby I-405 -- a huge plus!!

Room Tip: Book early & ask ahead (interior) -- be specific & assume NOTHING!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Brad - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that you liked you room, especially the kitchen, and our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, it is great to know that our staff attended to all of your needs.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area and we will definitely try to have your party stay as close as possible together.
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have to say, that I was pleasantly surprised to have a very nice room that made me feel comfortable .When I called just to find out about reservation information the hotel staff was friendly and helpful and therefore: I decided to have them keep a room for me.My room is on the third floor and it is quite and has given me time to take care of some important matters without any interruptions .I have also enjoyed the freedom to come and go, knowing that all is well. The housekeepers keep a very clean place here and are nice.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Lisa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your room and the friendly service our staff provided. As well, I am glad that you were able to get a good nights rest.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've stayed with this hotel chain several times because most low-rate hotels are sleazy motels. My experience with the staff has been great. It's usually the guests that are questionable: loud, bringing dogs down to the complimentary breakfast station unleashed; damaging hotel property (I can tell by the condition of the room that a guest just didn't care). My BIGGEST complaint about Extended Stay? Worst mattresses I ever slept on. Homeless shelters probably have better mattresses.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the mattress did not give the comfortable nights rest that we try to provide at our hotels. I am working with my staff to properly identify and correct issues like yours ensure that our guest receive a peaceful nights rest and that these issues due not happen
in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lto@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here last weekend, Place wasn't bad until the Air Conditioning unit didn't work properly we were in room 334 and even the toilet plugged on us? the Cleaners never came by to check on the room... I don't know what else to say other then it was alright...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.

Address: 3525 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503
Location: United States > California > Torrance
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Torrance
Extended Stay Torrance
Torrance Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.