“Dated, and cleaning needs work; excellent customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3525 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Everywhere, US
“Dated, and cleaning needs work; excellent customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had an okay stay at this Extended Stay. First the pros:
1. Excellent customer service -- all the front desk staff I came across were friendly and kind, especially the weekend staff. They also leave travel toiletries in a basket at the front desk in case you need them.

2. Decent location. Close enough to major thoroughfares in Torrance, but on a fairly calm stretch of Torrance Blvd.

3. Good water pressure -- nice for showers.

However, there were some cons that make it unlikely I would try to come back again:
1. The bathroom was not very clean; there were hairs stuck to the side of the bathtub and the sink.

2. Despite some renovations, the room definitely showed its age. The screens on the windows were bent, the curtains did not close properly, and many things in the room (including kitchen appliances, closet and window areas, tub) looked old / discolored and very '70s.

3. There was a very strange, intermittent, low rumble (which made the room vibrate) in the room -- I am a sound sleeper so could forget about it once I fell asleep, but it made being in the room a little annoying on some evenings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Torrance. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies. We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay with Extended Stay very much. The rooms are very clean, washer and dryers work great and the staff is what makes this place an A+. They were warm and friendly and extremely attentive. I'll definitely be back

Room Tip: room 120, you only have one wall to wall neighbor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We enjoyed our stay with Extended Stay very much. Perfectly located for us, close to shopping, beach, restaurants etc. The Kitchenette was perfect for making breakfast every day. Large fridge worked well for us as well! No problems with our dog, she was welcome here. We requested a main floor suite near an exit and that is exactly what we got! Thanks Extended Stay - we will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, October 23, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My stay was more like being in an apartment than a hotel. The kitchen with a refrigerator and cooktop made it great to relax and not have to worry about eating. My room was very clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. Kudos to Saul Perez and his staff, they were very friendly and helpful. Great location, great value. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear, Hawk0258

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Los Angeles – Torrance Blvd.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles – Torrance Blvd takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

I thank you once again on the great feedback which we strive for at Extended Stay Hotels. We hope that we will be able to have the opportunity to repeat our services in your future stays with us.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels
Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

From check in to check out every thing was great. Staff were warm and friendly and extremely attentive. Room was very clean and well appointed. Kitchen was a definite plus

If this Hotel is an example of the chain I will definitely use them again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words and the recommendation.
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

In August, I stayed at the Extended Stay America in Torrance for 1 week due to our kitchen remodel. It was the most horrible experience I ever had.

Upon check in, they gave me a room key that didn't work when I arrived at the room. I had to get it replaced 3 times before it worked. The corridor halls looked depressing and the room was not very nice. It had a bed, bathroom and little kitchen area. The room was very drab to stay in for any length of time. When I arrived at the hotel, no one told me that I had to get basics like shampoo and a hair dryer from the front desk. The hair dryer actually had to be checked out. Because I didn't know, I had to catch an appt. the next morning with wet hair. The room was dirty and depressing. The minute I woke up, I wanted to run out of the room. I couldn't relax in the room provided.

I had paid to stay for one week. On my 5th night, I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 p.m. My key did not work again. So I went to the front desk and they re-activated my key. I went to the room, opened the door, and I found a man in his underwear brushing his teeth in the bathroom. As you can imagine, I was in SHOCK. I ran to the lobby and asked the worker why there was another man in my room. The worker said they thought I left because I didn't have much stuff in the room. So they proceeded to clean the room and empty everything I had in the refrigerator. I was furious....I told her that I paid for 7 days. It didn't matter if I did not have much stuff in the room. Also, if in doubt, they should have called me.

I warned my husband who was coming later about what happened. It took 1 1/2 hours for her to give us another room. She gave us a handicapped room so it did not have a bathtub and counter next to the sink.

After I left, I completed a survey to let them know how terrible their hotel was. The manager sent an email saying there was some miscommunications and he'd like to offer me a free night certificate. I told him that I didn't want a free night. I told the manager the proper compensation should be a credit for the last 2 night of inconvenience. Well....he never replied to my request. This showed me how much the staff and management does not care about people.

After the week of horror, I found another extended stay hotel down the street since I needed a place for 2 more weeks. It was a much better hotel with great service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 29, 2012

First, I would like to address the situation you experienced during your 5th night staying with us. The staff is instructed to make note of rooms which have been vacated and report them to the Front Desk who will then assign them to other guests as they arrive. If a room is reserved for a longer period of time, we do reach out to the guest to confirm check out. It seems, upon calling the number provided during check in, there was no way to leave a voicemail and the room was reassigned. I am so sorry for the mix-up and I am working with the staff to ensure this situation does not happen again.

Second, given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the cleanliness of your room and the property as well as the difficulties you experienced during check out. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have used your feedback to properly address this particular situation in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel staff, from the manager all the way through to the house keeping staff are all very professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, the matresses and pillows were all new and the kitchen area was very convenient. Overall, this hotel is very fairly priced, and if you are looking for comfortable rooms with a very accomodating staff while staying within your budget, this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other locations.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.

Address: 3525 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503
Location: United States > California > Torrance
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Torrance
Extended Stay Torrance
Torrance Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.