“Lowest available cost - don't expect much” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3995 Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90503 (Formerly Homestead Torrance)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Torrance, California
“Lowest available cost - don't expect much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Most people who stay here are here because they either have work or have an extended Hospital stay. I reserved a handicapped, non-smoking, ground floor, queen bed room for while we wait for a knee replacement. When we arrived all they had was a third floor, queen bed, smoking room (floor) and a tub (with handicap bars) and they promised they'd move us as soon as they could. This is 3 days later. They boasted a light breakfast in the lobby as a selling feature. The first morning there were three rotten bananas ( I took the least rotton one), several oranges, two types of coffee, instant oatmeal, three flavors of nutri-grain bars and individually packaged blueberry muffins. There was no juice, no decaf, no cereal. That was almost acceptable as a light breakfast. The next day there was coffee (again no decaf), no fruit, no muffins, no breakfast bars only a selection of instant oatmeal. There were only two pillows in the room (not great pillows). I called the desk and asked if we could have a couple extra pillows (as we are here because of a medical condition that requires propping up) and said I could come get them. They volunteered to bring them up. Three hours later I went to the lobby and the attendant said, "Oh yeah, the pillows." I just said that I'd take them up. We came in Monday night, it is Thursday night and we have at least another week to go and there is no hope in sight that we will be moved or that "breakfast" will improve any. Their customer service should be taught better and improved. The price is about as good as you can get, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Make your reservation WELL in advance and confirm several times before arrival. Stress that you wil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that the surgery went well and your knee is healing properly. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory, especially since you were with us for a medical reason. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

As well, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with exceptional customer service. Our staff is tasked with being friendly and enhancing each guests experience at our hotel, creating a "home away from home" feeling. Regrettably, it seems that we failed in this area with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Writing from my hotel room right now. I have stayed here at this location a few times. a few years back this place was a decent hotel however that is not the case anymore. Six months ago I was here and was disappointed in a big way. however I was told hotel was going through some renovation so I was hoping there would be some improvements this time. OK it didn't happen! This place is worn out and dirty. Carpets, chairs, and other furniture in the room are not only old but unclean to a disgusting point! Few months ago when I stayed here for couple of days I mentioned to management that chair in the room was disgusting and they said it will be taken care of however as you see in my pictures nothing has changed since then. Also this hotel allows pets but they have room service once a week! I imagine when people with their 60lb pitbulls stay here there should be extra cleaning and maintenance going on but that is not so! Carpet in the room is filthy however it looks better in hallways. Parking is outdoor and is OK. Home size refrigerator and oven is good for saving money not to eat at restaurants all the time but you have to live with the smell of other people cooking most of the time. Location is very good and close to
Shopping and groceries.

Room Tip: Try to get room at discounted rates through internet if you have no choice but to stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Farzin,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle - Torrance - Los Angeles. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the extended stay America. The outside is nice and the rooms cozy with ample space which I liked since I had guests over. I'm a hotel brat and always need to stay at nice hotels, so i was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel. And for the price we paid we got a great deal!

One set back though is that the room wasn't ready when we arrived for check in. We waited a while in the commons room but overall the experience was great. They have complimentary breakfast from 6-9 which was really nice too.

I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great rooms at great rates for our guests to enjoy and strives to meet 100% guest satisfaction. It motivates myself and the staff to know that we have fulfilled this promise with you.

My staff and I look forward to having you as a guest again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. We truly appreciate all of your praise; thank you again.
Grafton, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This place is not fancy, but for the price an excellent value. Great location right across from the Del Amo Mall. Lots of restaurants close by. Only five minutes drive to Redondo or Hermosa Beach.Comfortable bed with a duvet. The room was clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast is marginal at best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Los Angeles Torrance Del Amo Circle.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles Torrance Del Amo Circle takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

I am looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Los Angeles area. Please let us know, we would be glad to make your reservations for your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

When the parking lots has ample available spaces close to the entrance including a drive bell station with helpful available staff.
When the manager has my keys waiting for me as I just mention my name.
When the room is spotless clean and plenty of towels already hang in the bathroom.
When the bed linens and pillows have a fresh laundered scent as did the entire room.
When everything I needed for day to day living was provided by nice clean sealed utensils, plates, pots, etc. Even the ice trays were fresh and filled with ice.
When all the staff were friendly and accommodating regardless even my sometimes unusual needs.

I've stayed at many top hotels and there's always something I have to complain about, but this location left me a happy, satisfied and a well rested traveling executive. I'd like to especially thank the manager that truly stood out in my memory for the personal attention she gave me throughout my stay, thank you AJ!

Room Tip: I can say only that my room had great a/c and thick multi-paned windows that kept the room quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.
Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. Best Regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Extended Stay America in Torrance is a great hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful. Everyone was friendly and I had no problems at all during my stay. The room was big and clean, I really liked the kitchen, and I enjoyed the breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed May 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended StayAmerica - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

If you have business in Torrance area, there are not many hotels options. Homestead is a lower priced property, but you get what you pay for amd more - ants. One ant, okay, but when you see a line of ants you knw you have problems. The front desk was nice enough and honest about the situation. They offered me another room, but admitted it would probably have ants also.

My next stay will be at the higher price properties in the area. The savings hear is not worth it. Sorry.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
"Thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We are a very proud group and it is very distressing when we fail to meet or exceed our guest's expectations. We want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during their visit, so it is always disappointing when we hear otherwise.
I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle

Address: 3995 Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90503 (Formerly Homestead Torrance)
Location: United States > California > Torrance
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Torrance Hotel Torrance
Extended Stay America Torrance

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.