You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Torrance, California
“2nd Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is usually my first stop from the airport. Although I'm from California and I have family here, I still prefer to stay at the ES Harbor Gateway. Flora (the manager) and Mario are awesome. They make sure I feel "at home." I really do feel like I'm with "extended family." Also, the facility is always clean- very important to me. The staff is always friendly, professional, and ready to asssit me in anyway they can. I feel so comfortable that I often forget I'm in a hotel. When I'm out and about, I find myself saying, " Im ready to go home."
This location is conveniently located near shops, restaurants, and freeways. This is also important to me because none I my family lives near this hotel, I just prefer to stay here for the reasons previously mentioned.
With all this said, I really don't know if I could continue to visit if Flora was not the manager. Someone would really have very, very, "big shoes to fill."

Room Tip: I have always received great rooms. All of my requests have always been accommodated.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Flora, Mario and the entire staff at the Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway, take pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.

If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 310-328-6000.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We came in for my Dad's funeral. We arrived driving straight through and needed to change clothes. Mario was so helpful and accommodating without any fuss. We were able to get a room that was perfect for my husbands limitations. The people in the other room was smoking in the bathroom vent and it was coming into our room. But this was not the hotel's fault. I would stay there again and recommend this. It is not the Hyatt or the Ritz Hotel but for the price it was fine. Easy access to freeways and different restaurants to choice from.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. First let me extended out condolences for the loss of your father. I am proud that you chose us and we were able to provide some comfort during this time.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have stayed at the other extended stay America's by company error, I request this one due to the Manager (Flora) and her willingness to show you the rooms available. From day one herself and the staff are always pleasant and go out of there way to accomadate you. Not to mention juggling dates of arrival and departure to meet your needs Awesome Staff and Manager. Lot of places to eat within walking distance including everyones favorite store Wally World.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room in 5 visits
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Flora and the entire staff at the Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Everett, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Convenient location, rooms are maintained but showing a little wear. No shampoo is a downer. Coffee and a grab-and-go breakfast bar in the morning is nice. It is an extended stay hotel and amenities aren't meant to dazzle. It is what it is.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the worn condition or your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. I am deeply troubled by you comments as there has recently been a refresh of the hotel.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

After much research I decided to stayed at ESA Harbor Gateway with my pet for 10 days. The reservation was flawless. Flora, the Manager was welcoming before and during my entire stay; she was an absolute delight to be around. She was kind and professional always inquiring if everything was okay for me. In fact, the entire staff including Mario and Angel were so courteous and polite and I was always greeted by a smile. The hotel's grounds were nicely manicured and clean; my room was spotless, clean and the kitchen with a full size fridge came in handy. The location was perfect; there was a Walmart directly in the back of the hotel. There were many fast food establishments around the corner and a short distance away were the many malls including Del Amo and the South Bay Galleria. This ESA location was better than the others listed around the area as far as the amenities available. The parking lot was well lit; the key entry system was securing and I felt safe the entire time. King's Hawaiian Bakery Headquarters was directly opposite the hotel so you could smell the baked goods 24/7. Too bad you couldn't walk across and buy from them, but their "Local Place Restaurant" is less than a mile away off Western Ave and a great food find! Freeway access to the 405 and 110 was easy and just a 5-6 mile drive down 190th would take you right down to the Redondo Beach Pier. All in all, ESA Harbor Gateway was a great place to stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Flora, Mario, Angel and the rest of the staff at the Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway take pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Perris, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The room was clean. The facilities were okay. Flat screen TV was good. But, the only toiletry they had was bar soap. Really? No shampoo, no hair dryer, no iron? I read that you could go ask for these from the front desk, but the front desk closes at 11pm, not to reopen until 7am. So if you discover this deficiency late at night, you are screwed. Sure, you could bring your own... but who thinks to do that if they have ever stayed at nice hotels? Walmart is near by. Maybe that is their solution-- buy your own. Get what you pay for, I guess.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the lack of shampoo in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen amenities that best fit our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. We have found that many travelers prefer to use their own toiletry product; however in the instances that people forget, we do offer shampoo/conditioner, tooth brush and tooth paste, as well as several other items, at the front desk of every hotel.

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

When you talk about customer service look to this guy Mario. Experience has taught me that there is one chief reason why some people succeed and others fail. "The diffrence is not one of knowing, but of doing" and that is exactly what Mario does, his courteous professionalism makes your stay at ESA a happy one. ESA is like your home away from home, clean, newly remodel rooms ample free parking and great staff a must stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests.
Mario has been a trusted member of the team at the Torrance Harbor Gateway location for more than four years and comments such as yours continue to strengthen his position with the company and open doors for his future.

If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 310-32-6000

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Address: 19200 Harborgate Way, Torrance, CA 90501
Location: United States > California > Torrance
#7 Business Hotel in Torrance
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Los Angeles-Torrance Harbor Gateway Hotel Torrance
Extended Stay America Torrance
Torrance Extended Stay
Extended Stay Torrance

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.