After reading the reviews of this property here on TripAdvisor, I knew this would be a great choice for us while in the Los Angeles area. I'm happy I decided to stay here.
I usually like to stay in all-suite properties as the rooms always have more space and you get more value for your money. In addition, I like to try to stay in suburban areas because it's easier to get around (of course, you'll need a rental car).
We arrived around 9pm on a Saturday night (after a long 6 hour flight from NY) and were greeted by a front desk clerk who was courteous and helpful (didn't get his name). Check-in was speedy and we got the room we requested, a 2-bedroom suite. The room was very spacious and very clean. We appreciated the large living room with a kitchen area, couch and TV. The two bedrooms were very large and each had their own separate bathrooms. Keep in mind that this property has no elevators, so if you don't want to carry your luggage upstairs (the property has only 2 floors), request a 1st floor room if you can. The rooms in this hotel were recently redone, so everything is modern and looks brand new. Again, everything was very clean.
The hotel has a nice courtyard which contains the pool, a barbecue, tropical greenery and places to sit and enjoy your breakfast.
Speaking of breakfast, the hotel includes a free continental breakfast every morning. There are your typical cereals, oatmeal, fruit, eggs, etc. There were also some hot items which appeared to change every day, such as bacon, sausages and different types of eggs.
The hotel also offers free "manager's receptions" on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights- which is basically like a complimentary dinner, but we weren't able to take advantage of this. There is a calendar on the fridge in the rooms that explains what is available each night.
Side note- parking and wifi are free, which is a rarity in the LA area.
The area is very suburban in character and more than safe. The closest interstates are the 405, 91 and 110, all of which are within 5 minutes from the hotel. ExxonMobil's refinery property is across the street but the actual property is a decent length away so it wasn't a bother. LAX airport is 15 minutes away and Long Beach airport is about the same. We appreciated that fact that the interstate was so close, but the hotel isn't directly on it.
I like staying on the Westside of Los Angeles county when I go because it's convenient to everything. Redondo Beach (a beautiful community) is only 10 minutes from the hotel and has a nice pier, restaurants and shops. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well, and the Del Amo Fashion Center (shopping mall) is within 5 minutes. You can be in Santa Monica, Downtown LA or Hollywood within 20-25 minutes (without traffic of course). There's just an endless amount of things to do.
One thing to keep in mind- the hotel places a $200 hold on your credit card for incidentals. The hold is released the day you check out. I didn't mind this policy (it's the same thing for rental cars and pretty standard) but I don't believe I was told this at check-in. I only found out after checking with my credit card account online randomly. I stopped by the front desk and the manager was there so I checked with him (he was super nice and friendly). So, just keep that in mind.
Anyway- I definitely recommend staying here. The rooms are modern, spacious and the hotel is in a great location with great amenities. Staff was always very helpful. You won't be disappointed staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome home to the Staybridge Suites Torrance, an all-suite property offering a resort style atmosphere located in the heart of the South Bay. Our central location near the 405, 90, and 110 freeways, as well as both the Long Beach and Los Angeles International Airports, make us the perfect accommodation for your corporate, leisure or extended stay needs. Our guest suites have a villa-type feel and offer fully equipped kitchens, separate bedrooms, DVD players, and free high-speed Internet. You will also enjoy our daily buffet breakfast, our mid-week manager receptions, the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, BBQ grills, fitness and business centers. These complimentary amenities are our way of saying Thank You for your business. At the Staybridge Suites, you are just minutes from the Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach communities. Take a quick jaunt up the Pacific Coast Highway and enjoy Venice, Marina Del Rey and the Santa Monica Pier. We are also convenient to the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, the nations most complete training facility for Olympic, amateur and professional athletes. The Long Beach Aquarium, the LA Harbor World Cruise Center as well as the popular Del Amo Fashion Center and South Bay Galleria are nearby. Here for business? Experience why we are the preferred hotel for Honda, Toyota, Exxon, Northrup Grumman, Boeing and Lockheed Martin. Staybridge Suites is a proud member of the elite and award winning Priority Club Rewards loyalty program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Staybridge Suites Torrance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Torrance Hotel Torrance
- Torrance Staybridge Suites