“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Torrance
Mastic, New York
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

After reading the reviews of this property here on TripAdvisor, I knew this would be a great choice for us while in the Los Angeles area. I'm happy I decided to stay here.

I usually like to stay in all-suite properties as the rooms always have more space and you get more value for your money. In addition, I like to try to stay in suburban areas because it's easier to get around (of course, you'll need a rental car).

We arrived around 9pm on a Saturday night (after a long 6 hour flight from NY) and were greeted by a front desk clerk who was courteous and helpful (didn't get his name). Check-in was speedy and we got the room we requested, a 2-bedroom suite. The room was very spacious and very clean. We appreciated the large living room with a kitchen area, couch and TV. The two bedrooms were very large and each had their own separate bathrooms. Keep in mind that this property has no elevators, so if you don't want to carry your luggage upstairs (the property has only 2 floors), request a 1st floor room if you can. The rooms in this hotel were recently redone, so everything is modern and looks brand new. Again, everything was very clean.

The hotel has a nice courtyard which contains the pool, a barbecue, tropical greenery and places to sit and enjoy your breakfast.
Speaking of breakfast, the hotel includes a free continental breakfast every morning. There are your typical cereals, oatmeal, fruit, eggs, etc. There were also some hot items which appeared to change every day, such as bacon, sausages and different types of eggs.
The hotel also offers free "manager's receptions" on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights- which is basically like a complimentary dinner, but we weren't able to take advantage of this. There is a calendar on the fridge in the rooms that explains what is available each night.

Side note- parking and wifi are free, which is a rarity in the LA area.

The area is very suburban in character and more than safe. The closest interstates are the 405, 91 and 110, all of which are within 5 minutes from the hotel. ExxonMobil's refinery property is across the street but the actual property is a decent length away so it wasn't a bother. LAX airport is 15 minutes away and Long Beach airport is about the same. We appreciated that fact that the interstate was so close, but the hotel isn't directly on it.

I like staying on the Westside of Los Angeles county when I go because it's convenient to everything. Redondo Beach (a beautiful community) is only 10 minutes from the hotel and has a nice pier, restaurants and shops. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well, and the Del Amo Fashion Center (shopping mall) is within 5 minutes. You can be in Santa Monica, Downtown LA or Hollywood within 20-25 minutes (without traffic of course). There's just an endless amount of things to do.

One thing to keep in mind- the hotel places a $200 hold on your credit card for incidentals. The hold is released the day you check out. I didn't mind this policy (it's the same thing for rental cars and pretty standard) but I don't believe I was told this at check-in. I only found out after checking with my credit card account online randomly. I stopped by the front desk and the manager was there so I checked with him (he was super nice and friendly). So, just keep that in mind.

Anyway- I definitely recommend staying here. The rooms are modern, spacious and the hotel is in a great location with great amenities. Staff was always very helpful. You won't be disappointed staying here.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room if you have heavy luggage- no elevators here!!

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I have just come back fro a holiday of a lifetime in California and stayed at the Staybridge suites in T orrence. We were over the moon with our suit how modern and clean it was with the welcome pack of tea coffee and popcorn. We saved a fortune on breakfasts because of the free buffet in the morning and welcoming buffet 3 times a week which was brilliant because if my husband and I wanted a drink there was free wine and Budweiser available. The Pool and jacuzzi was clean and comfortable. There was a free laundry service which I took advantage of before coming home. There was coffee and tea available constantly and nothing was too much trouble with the staff including the shuttle service which on my husbands birthday the driver R overt kindly went a little out of his way to take us out for a meal. It was a pretty central to most things but in fact just far enough to be out of the way from the hustle and bustle of hollywood. We took a road trip for two nights to Vegas but found we couldn't wait to get "home" to Staybridge with all the lovely staff. I thoroughly recommend the Staybridge suites on all levels. My family and I would love to go back Again one day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have stayed at multiple Staybridge Suites locations...this was the worst.

The exterior of the property is in need of repairs and cleaning. Loose doorknobs, the smell of trash lingering on the back side of the property, overgrown landscaping.

Our suite had a musty smell and another in our building had the door open with fans exhausting the unit by maintenance.

I am giving the location 3 stars only because renovations underway. However, they were working on areas that didn't appear to need any renovations.

This wasn't our first choice but we needed two bedrooms...we won't be back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Torrance, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear jussla,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are truly sorry for the conditions you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Romford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a road trip. Lovely accommodation with nice extra touches like popcorn pack for microwave etc. The free happy hour which happens every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 5.30 and 7.30 is great. I have stayed at other staybridge suites and got free wine, beer and soft drinks plus hit snacks at this time but here we got a full Indian meal. Really welcome after a long flight from the UK and taking 2 hours to get through passport control at LAX. Only slight hiccup. Was getting overcharged a night on my credit card but hopefully that will be sorted very quickly

Room Tip: There are no lifts so if you want a low floor leg them know in advance.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first Staybridge Suites, but not my last. It is located out of town and that is reflected in the cost compared to what you would pay downtown. I was greeted by friendly staff who recognised me as a PCR member and upgraded me to a two bedroom, two bathroom suite, which was magnificent, and as I was collecting my daughter from the Airport on her arrival for a two week holiday with me and it was perfect for us. The rooms are large and 3 TV's in total. The breakfast was one of the best complimentary breakfasts I have ever had with a great selection on well cooked hot food and plenty of cold options. there is an excellent fitness room and also nice pool and hot tub outside, with a nice barbecue area to relax in also. I only stayed one night as we had already booked the Crowne Plaza down by the Marina for our next two nights, but next time will definitely come back for at least four or five days.

litllemermaid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I flew into la and my Dad had booked the Staybridge Suites Torrance/Redondo Beach just for a nights rest. Well,as soon as I stepped in our magnificent two bedroomed suite I could have moved in! There are two fantastic bedrooms,both with huge beds and flat screen TV's. They are both en suite! One with a massive two person power shower and the other with bathtub with shower. They both also have toilets and vanity areas. The bedrooms have doors which shut off to keep them separate from the lovely lounge,again another flat screen large tv. Then to finalise there is a kitchen equipped with all facilities you may possibly need. I didn't get up for the complimentary breakfast but my Dad did and said it was nice with omelettes,waffle and pancake makers,fresh fruit etc. I had a quick look at the pool before leaving and was a lovely area with what look liked nice comfortable sun ends,a hot tub area and BBQ area. The lady at check out was ever so friendly and generally interested to hear about our travels. All in all I would most definitely stay here again and I am very fussy! I would recommend car hire as a couple of miles from the beach.

Canyon Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Free happy hour w/ dinner... & the breakfast was great! Workout room was clean & the hotel rooms were great!Will actually be returning on another work trip this month. Would highly recommend!Easy freeway access.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Staybridge Suites Torrance? Share your experiences!