“Very pleasant stay at this hotel so far.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very pleasant stay at this hotel so far.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I am staying here currently and have been for the past 3 nights and will be here for another 2 weeks or more. My home is being refurbished as per our home owners insurance and they are paying for my stay. Before u get on the ball and and choose a place to stay rest assured I have looked all around town and guess what I am stuck here. If u are looking at a comparable hotel like the residence inn which is right down the street, they are definately a nicer hotel. If u are trying to stay anywhere between now and the end of july know this. Most of the suite hotels in the area are sold out due to the turnaround at the Exxon mobile refinery, so good luck to you if u can even get a room down the street at the residence inn. As for this hotel, it's way better then extended stay, or comfort inn. In regards to that it's like an apartment u come and go as u please. U park right outside ur room and presto! No front desk, long hallways or looky loo's!

Yes it's true the rooms have tube tvs, yes the carpet has a few stains, and yes the property is a little dated but!!!! C'mon damn I bet it's cleaner then your own home ;) look... U get breakfast 7 mornings a week right all good food and there's plenty of it! Don't be late they serve from 6:30 to 9:30 sharp okay! Get ur free coffee and news paper and ur all good! Oh u don't have a car? Free transportation to the mall both ways mon-fri( c'mon tip the driver cheapo, he may not pick u back up! J/k) the best part is the reception 3 nights a week! Tonight is BBQ night with a pool party and dj! 5:30 to 7:30 and u must be really dumb not to come be because not only do they feed u they get u drunk! Beers on tap aycd! Beside u can use a little bit of that while ur dragging the ungrateful family around cause all they do is complain right? Full fridge free laundy and Internet ( FYI I washed all my clothes and they came out squeaky clean.... Immagine that!) no oven in the suites... Really ur gonna cook a turkey while ur staying here aren't you?
Don't wanna be bothered stay on the top floor! I had a lot of stuff to move maybe like 10 very large bags and six boxes of my stuff, guess what? When ur checking in ask politely to have staff help u! They will! Slip the dude $5 for his troubles , owouldn't u like five bucks for 10min of work? Overall if u have the extra money u could stay somewhere else. But I'd recommend this place, it's the best bang for your buck.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

What a great value for a 2 room suite! Stayed here multiple night and loved every minute of it. Really enjoyed the complimentary dinners tue-thrus.

• Stayed May 2012
Hawthorne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The rooms and bathroom were dirty but the kitchen was clean.I would not recommend another stay until they really clean that place.Really,I think the price is OVER RATED!!!The service was okay.

Room Tip: Any clean room.The maids just surface clean and if you have allergies,not good!! It was way to much...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Torrance, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Donna S,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27748779
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here two nights on vacation and took advantage of the free laundry facilities, very good free breakfast, free light meal in the evening (since we stayed during the week and catering to business travellers), and free wi-fi. All was excellent! The suite itself was nice and large, albeit a bit outdated, but not poor by any stretch. We enjoyed all our time here and got all we needed during our stay. I definitely agree with the comments that a car is a necessity given the location, but if you do have a car or a rental, it is not a far drive to restaurants or a mall. We got this on a great deal through Hotwire and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We only stayed here one night and there were no real problems. We arrived late at night and service was not bad, but not great checking in. His attitude was weird, friendly in some ways, but indifferent in others. Anyways, the room itself was clean, and well kept but definitely not new. I've not stayed in a full suite type place before, so I didn't expect the exterior to look like condo-esque, and the interior to be a full, small apartment. The kitchen had bare essential supplies, but had a stove and fridge. There's a separate couch sitting area and two desks. The bed was comfortable and though we were on the second of three floors, we were never bothered by noise above or below us. Breakfast was solid with a do-it-yourself waffle iron, cereal, canned cut fruit, yogurt, bagels, juices, etc. The front desk lady at checkout was very, very friendly and funny. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

we picked this hotel based on reviews BIG MISTAKE! We are PRIORITY CLUB members so we're supposed to get our preferences honored. For instance...upper floor. not only did we get put on a bottom floor they put a family with FOUR SMALL CHILDREN above us and apparently gave them free espressos because for 2 days they ran around constantly despite asking the front desk to do something other than shrugging at me.
ALSO the free beer and wine that is provided in the lobby is not monitored so if you have underage kids BEWARE!
I haven't even mentioned the drunk occupants that came back at 4 a.m. and hurled fbombs and beat on each other's doors to be let in for 45 minutes. That's when I found out the phone in the suite wasn't working to call the front desk...when I told them the next day they were puzzled as to why the security guard didn't hear them...gee, me, too. Did they think we were making that up?

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Torrance, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Lisa H,

Ben J
IHG Care
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The reality of the situation is that I had to be in Carson, LA for business ad owing to last minute plan changes made a booking for this place. This is not your ideal business hotel, is pretty much in a silent area, where getting taxi takes time and I sought of felt I have taken a bigger place than what I coud have done with. Saying that, the suites ae huge, all amenities tucked in - Microwave, refrigerator, crockery the works. 2 TV sets and a charming family room area. My grudge with the place is that breakfast menu, it did not change a % during all 5 days I was there. I am no sure if that is the trend for such places, but I would say its better to be a bread and breakfast place than serve up a buffet like that everyday. The TV reception was bad throughout with a limited choice of channels. The frontdesk staff were ok. The place is in a place where having your own car is a necessity and for someone travelling from outside the country, not favourable at all. Nothing - eateries or a small to shopping areas is walking distance. Hence prep yourself for that.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Torrance? Share your experiences!