“Mostly traditional Japanese meal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gonpachi Torrance is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 474 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carson
Marshfield Hills, Massachusetts
“Mostly traditional Japanese meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food was great and the service was great. Many courses served the same as when I've visited Japan. Although in Japan my server was never named Igor. We had a fun business dinner at Gonpachi, but our host picked up the tab, so I can't comment on the value.

Visited August 2012

Indianapolis
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Really good sushi, good breakfast as well. They do offer a Japanese breakfast though so it smells very strongly of fish in the morning!

Visited May 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Oh, The Sake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

...and Oh, the service!

We sought a light meal, and were not upsold. We saw the sake, and got great recommendations. We recommend the sake sampler. The food was fabulous. We stayed for a couple late drinks and were never rushed.

Visited April 2012
California
“We had to skip the sake, but you don't have to!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Lunch at Gonpachi can draw a sizable crowd so you may want to make reservations. On our visit earlier this week we had a small group of four with much to talk about. The decor, the service and the food all converged in perfect harmony and our discussion resulted in a good game plan. After a nice self-created salad my perfectly prepared teriyaki salmon arrived. All of us had a wonderful meal and were ready for the challenge of the afternoon. We had to skip the sake .... not fair!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pomona, California, United States
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I ordered roomservice from the Gonpachi for breakfast both days I was there. I tried the Japanese breakfast which was excellent and then the pancakes which were not so good. I'm not sure what it was about the pancakes but they were not good at all. I couldn't even eat half of them. But the Japanese breakfast was really good and filling, it actually turned out to be a lot more to eat than I expected and well worth it.

Visited May 2012