“Japanese Style Bath!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pickering, Canada
“Japanese Style Bath!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Eco-friendly, modern Japanese with a soundless a/c. (So soundless that we called Maintenance to ask if the a/c was working!) Room was average size but had great design extras like a desk/dresser top that ran the full length of the room, bathroom slider door, lots of plugs for electronics, lots of lighting options and an ingenious in-drawer safe. Great location next to Mitsuwa (Japanese grocery store/food court) ,just opened Daiso. and only a few minutes to the highway. My only minor issue is that the Wii was not working during our stay. My new go-to place in Torrance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear waikikigirl 2004,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the features/amenities of the room. We apologize that you had a challenge with our Wii. We are happy to inform you that we have brand new Wii systems in our fitness room for guests enjoyment.

We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cherie Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
Broadlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

A favorite place of ours. This was our fifth stay. Nice rooms and service. Ask for a room on the north side. I think the view is a little nicer. You'll open the sliding door to the narrow balcony and enjoy the breeze and view of trees around office campuses rather than the parking lot of the strip mall on the south side. Valet your car, since there are no convenient self-park spaces when returning in the evening. Valet attendants are great! Easy access to major arteries to get to wherever you need to go. If you like green hotels or those with a modern Japanese flair, you'll like it here, especially if the Japanese style shower and soaking tub are your kind of obsession.

• Stayed June 2014
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Normtf,
Thank you for your review. We are honored to be one of your favorites and truly value your business! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our amenities and location.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your 6th stay!

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here twice in a course of 3 months because I enjoyed my experience with this hotel so much. I didn't have to stay in Torrance both times but because of this hotel i chose to. Parking is free while the other places I researched charged $15 a night.
I cannot stress enough how friendly and great the hotel staff is, they are greet you each time and ask if you need assistance each time you pass by. The first time I stayed here I got upgraded to a suite which was just amazing. Everything in the room is modern and clean; don't let the coldness of exterior throw you off from staying here. I will admit though the suites are taken care of better in maintenance and cleaning than the normal rooms since I had a couple issues with the second time I stayed but figured it was due to my near perfect experience the first time around. The gym is located on the 2nd floor and is tiny but if you're into cardio workouts its definitely will meet your standards, there's a Nintendo Wii, a barre to stretch and do yoga and the machine is one of those bowflex type and did its job.
Everything is clean and modern--this place has managed to think of everything a hotel guest might need and placed it in the room. I plan on coming back here in a couple months and hope the quality is still the same.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear place-name-here,
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are honored that you continue to chose us even when you don't have to be in Torrance!
We have a fabulous team who are dedicated to creating memorable for our guests, we are happy to hear that you were so well taken care of. We enjoyed reading about your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of months.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I would like to first of all say that this is not a fancy 5 star hotel. It's rated between a 3 or 4 star depending on whose doing the rating. So given this...I had expected the Miyako Hybrid Hotel (MHH) to be comparable to a airport Hilton/Marriot of sorts...somewhere for a quick one night crash that was clean and not too expensive. To my surprise, the MHH was much nicer than what I had imagine. The hotel is very clean...modern with minimalist furnishings in warm earth tones. It's also a green hotel and it felt like one from all the materials they used in the hotel. The best part of our stay is that we got upgraded to a suite upon arrival at around 1am. The suite was very big and had its own sitting area...the bathroom had a soaking tub.
If you are looking for a nice place to stay at not too far from the airport with lots of parking and the convenience of getting on the 405 freeway...then this is the place.

• Stayed June 2014
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear snowglobish,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the suite! Our Japanese inspired decor really does exude calm and serenity, which our guests love.
We value your feedback and appreciate your business.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was a very interesting experiment for us. My daughter wanted to live any Japanese experience so we gave this hotel try. Cons: It is not a 5 star hotel so it lacks the fancy services and amenities. It is also very far from LA activities. Pros: the hospitality is wonderful and the level of service for a 4-starts hotel exceeds expectations. Rooms are really spacious, staff are really helpful, and the food is decent. The Japanese supermarket next door holds an interesting fair on weekends. I would not say I would go there again when I am next in LA, but it is definitely recommended for those who want to take a tiny glimpse on Japanese service and hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear FahadDM,
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us and we exceeded your expectations! We truly value your business and appreciate your recommendation. We hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here for an interview while at Harbor UCLA. Loved the Japanese influence and proximity to many different restaurants and Mitsuwa grocery store. I used Priceline to book this hotel and got a great price. There is plenty of parking and felt very safe. The beds were comfortable and there is free WIFI.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Mmgpnp,
Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your interview and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities.
We are so happy that we surpassed your expectations and truly appreciate the time that you took to write about your experience.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We booked a king room with soakers tub as advertised and paid for on Feb. 26, 2014 to Feb. 27, 2014, through Orbitz, Room description: Executive Room - 1 king bed Special requests: Non-smoking. We booked well in advance on Feb, 9, 2014. The reason we went with this hotel was because of the soaker tubs that is advertised in each room, especially the king room that we reserved. It was Very important to us because my wife has a Chronic Health Condition that she suffers with a lot of pain and is under doctors care each month for. Under stress her condition gets worst, and we booked this room at that time because her sister just passed away and she needed the tub after our flight and before going to the memorial. When we entered the room, it was very nice, but NO Tub! I went down to talk to them about it and explained everything and all I was told was" I'm sorry, we are all booked up and we have no more rooms." We had already paid, so there was nothing we could do. My wife was so stressed and in pain and disappointed that they advertised a soakers tub in the room and we reserved it well in advance and paid for just what they advertised. It shouldn't be that you don't get what you expect and was advertised and that you paid for. Its false advertising and misleading. We would have picked another hotel if we had the time and money, which we didn't and also my wife was already dealing with so much stress and pain.

Room Tip: Make sure you're getting what you paid for before paying.