“My Something "blue" on my wedding day was my stay here! :(” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21381 S Western Ave, Torrance, CA 90501   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Torrance
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“My Something "blue" on my wedding day was my stay here! :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked a room here for our wedding night. We have very hectic life with kids and work so we were really looking forward to an UBER relaxing time to recharge our batteries more than anything else. I spent a few weeks reading HUNDREDS of reviews trying to find a hotel with the right price as well as the elements of romance and relaxation we desired. I settled on another hotel just before I happened upon the Miyako Hybrid Hotel. They had a Deluxe Romance Package featuring champagne..chocolates and couples message and its famous day spa. The package added an additional $100 to the price of the room but we figured what the hell....it was a special night and a great deal for a couples massage. After reading all stellar reviews and throughly looking over their webpage I called and spoke with someone at the Hotel to insure the night would be everything I wanted. I told the person who booked me that we wanted the Deluxe Romance Package that included couples massage. She quoted me a price of $279. I then confirmed our dates and was sure to let them know that would be our wedding night. Then I asked about the details of our massage and they transferred me to the Spa Relakan manager who set everything up for us. Deep tissue for my hubby and Swedish for myself. With a hot stone treatment beforehand. I was SOOOO excited! Wedding Day comes....we checked in at around 7pm and chomped down take out from the Hotel Resteraunt since the room service menu was very limited. All in rush to get to our massage! We arrive for our massage with our spa vouchers and right away the manager said we had the wrong vouchers and would work to correct the problem. She was great and worked to correct the problem through our tour of the spa...through us getting undressed and into our spa gowns....and through our hot stone treatment where my husband got so upset and annoyed he walked out and niether one of us got to relax. The Hotel representative Cristine came to the spa to confirm that we would NOT be receiving massages as we booked the wrong package with no couples massage! I told her no...I called, confirmed and reconfirmed that I was booked for my wedding night with the Deluxe Romance Package with couples massage. She said no...that I had actually booked the Romance Package with use of the spa but no massage. And that if we wanted our massages we would need to pay an additional $200! We left....the spa anyway. Cristine refused to admit that maybe the person who booked my night was confused and misquoated me the price of my package. I was sooo dissapointed....the only reason we booked there was for our massage! Did they offer to give us the massages anyway since it was clearly their mistake? Nope...just offered us $10 off. Then the whole next morrning preceeded to call us and ask us if we were happy with this or that...so much so that it made us more annoyed. Their breakfast phenomenal...and they considered it doing us a favor by letting us receive it in room as part of our package. The resteraunt sent us an extra plate of fruit which was nice. Our room was clean and the staff was very nice....but none of that matters cause the one night in YEARS we had a night to ourselves to enjoy a couples massage we were cheated out of it and they did nothing to make that right. We wont be staying there again and I really have no advice on how to make your booking more clear then I did....so I'd skip this place unless you want miscommunication, dissapointment and unpleasent suprises.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Unusual hotel with impeccable service, clean large rooms, and an amazing bathroom! Very close to the 405. A great choice if going to any games at the Home Depot Center - it's only about 10 minutes away. The bathrooms are spectacular with huge deep soaking tubs and separate shower. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear rheaju,
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are honored to serve you and our dedicated team ensure that all our guests are taken care of.
We hope that you will return very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was clean, everything worked, they even gave us a tour of the bedroom and how to work things like the japanese toliet, the shower, and the lock box. The view was amazing and the staff was very friendly. We misread the checkout time and missed it and without any fuss the staff cleared it for us. AMAZING! Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed March 2013
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Laniune9,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Miyako service and amenities! We have a very dedicated team who enjoy creating memorable experiences for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love the ambiance of this place. It is always bustling with people, business and leisure. Clean hotel, great staff and service and convenient. Can walk to the supermarket Mitsuwa, lots of fun. Love the breakfast buffett, (Japanese/American) . Not a fan of the dinners at this restaurant, they need to revamp the menu or just get another operator. I wish they had a beauty/barber shop there. Like to have my hair washed and blown. They have a spa, but pricey., so i have to skip that. I really miss the Japanese toilets when i leave,.. LOL

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear EMLINY,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and amenities. We will be sending your comments to our Spa and restaurant management team, we very much value and appreciate your feedback. We are honored to be your favorite hotel and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Vancouver ,BC ,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was for a 2 day short business stay ,and I was very impressed from the staff at the front desk to the rooms.The rooms were immaculate and ,had a large flat screen TV with free Wi-Fi .
The bath room was a Japanese style toilet ,and large soaker tub.The water pressure was also very good.The layout of the room was very modern ,and well thought out .
The room key doubled as a electrical power switch when inserted into a slot ,that allowed you to turn on the power on for the lights ,and TV .You take the key out when you leave,and all the power will have a short delay before turning off...how clever for saving energy.
The restaurant had a good selection of Japanese items for breakfast ,or your choice of a western style breakfast .The buffet was very well maintained ,and the quality of the food was very good.
I found all the staff to be very polite ,and helpful .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear pkw1956,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities. Our guest room key energizer system is just one of the many features of our eco-friendly operation!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Gonpachi breakfast and service. We truly value your feeback and hope to see you return very soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in Feb 2013. Front desk staff were very friendly. Room was large and very clean and very nice. Bed was comfortable. Absolutely loved the bathroom!!!! The hotel is located right next to a Japanese supermarket with lots of good food. If you're into Japanese food, there are tons of good restaurants within a 10 minute drive of the hotel. There's a large parking lot across the street from the hotel for overflow parking. Parking is free. Rooms were quite. We didn't hear any neighbors during our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fungster,
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us! We truly value your business. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the guest room amenities. Our bathroom is one of the most talked about features and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed it too. Miyako truly has the best guests in the world!
We hope that you will return very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy the Japanese style deep bathtub here. Room is clean and staff are very attentive. You can access to Japanese supermarket called Mitsuwa. I do not recommend the restaurant at the hotel. You can find cheaper and good food at the food court in the Mitsuwa market.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Yajirobei,
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Miyako Hybrid. Our bathrooms are extrememly popluar and one of our most talked about features! We are gald to hear that you had an opportunity to experience Mitsuwa, but apologize that you were disappointed with Gonpachi. Your comments will be passed on to the Gonpachi management team and we certainly value your feedback.

Cherie Davis

Been to Miyako Hybrid Hotel? Share your experiences!