“Elegant, well-managed hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Elegant, well-managed hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights for a business trip and loved it. Housekeeping was superb - the room was sparkling clean and neat. Loved the huge shower and soaking tub.

I was a bit disappointed with the room service menu. Mostly Japanese food and I'm not a big fan. They had the token burger and club sandwich to cater to American visitors. I was taken out for lunch and dinner so the room service offerings didn't affect me except for the first night I was there and got in late. The buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant is wonderful. Plenty of choices of both American and Japanese fare.

The service was impeccable. I was always greeted by employees as I came and went and was treated with the utmost respect.

I sincerely hope I have reason to come back to Torrance for business again so I can stay at this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room on the sixth floor with a great view. If you enjoy having a view ask for a room above...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
pismo beach, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Loved this place! Good location, great staff & very comfortable room.
Will stay here whenever in Torrance. Did not try the restaurant or the
spa (found inexpensive eats and massages in surrounding area). Market
and foodcourt right next door a better fit for our price range.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Asiacali,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to your return. Warmest Regards,
Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

If you don't carry computers or don't mind Dial up speeds, this hotel will meet all your expectations.
It is sad thought that spending so much money in so many wonderful details, that they would pull a cheap one on the internet.
It could also be that they have the whole neighborhood using their open WIFI to the detriment of their custumers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear JREB777,
We are in the process of still upgraing lines. We are doubling our capacity again by month end. The the end of year we will have fiber optics installed. Let us know if you have issues as the wifi only has trouble on occassion but to offset this irregularity we offer free wifi cards at the front desk if anyone has any difficulties. Sorry that you had this experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Miyako Hybrid Hotel Torrance opened 2009.
We stayed there last night of our vacation with 2years old son.
Hotel staff was very kind and room was very beautiful. We love everything about this hotel but my favorites were a Japanese style bathroom and comfortable bed. The bathroom was very roomy and bath tub was deep enough.
Around the hotel is business district like a Toyota, Honda etc. So, there is no so much fun thing to do near the hotel but if you have a rent-a-car, you can go anywhere, right? To us, there was no big problem. The hotel made us relax and feel happy. I think that the hotel was perfect to us. We definitely back to this hotel for our next vacation to Los Angels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Aloha,
We really enjoyed having your family stay with us. We do have a shuttle that takes you to the beach (about 3 miles away) and the mall (about 2 miles). Also we have a full tour service in our gift shop. We hope that you can take advantage of that when you return. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon,
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel itself is wonderfully decorated. The bathroom in our room was fascinating - the star of the show. We had a wall of windows. The middle slides open onto a footwide balcony that let in a wonderful breeze and a nice view. The location is nice although not particular close to any place we were interested. It was near to many interstates. Surrounding the hotel are many Japanese restaurants and a really interesting Asian grocery/marketplace. If we head back to LA we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear JARucker,
We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your stay. I was stationed in Arizona for a time and always looked for a cooler spot this time of year. We hope that you found yours! We've love to have you back.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I can honestly say that this was one of the best hotel stays that I have ever had. The staff was exceptional -- very courteous, friendly and helpful. The hotel has a beautiful Japanese theme and our room was very spacious with an amazing bathroom. We got a very good price for the quality of room, The downside is the location. There is not much within walking distance of the hotel. The shuttle service was good but limited. Make sure that you call ahead to check for airport transportation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Harrisburg Pennsylvania,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. Our staff loves seeing comments like yours up on our communication boards. We are pleased that we could exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.
Visalia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My second stay the the Miyako Hybrid and it was my husband's first stay. He was impressed from the moment we checked in, early I might add at approximately 12 noon! We were upgraded to an Executive Suite from our original Executive King!! Spacious and immaculate as was the Deluxe room last year.
I would love to give a rating of 5 but the wi-fi in this end suite was intermittent and being that it was my birthday weekend, my daughter was planning to Facetime with me using our iPads...we had to end the Facetime and revert to a regular cell phone call. Slightly disappointing but the hotel staff was very diligent in attempting to improve our wi-fi service. There was also a slight mix-up in our spa reservation, but that error was immediately rectified by the spa management. MHH front desk extended our checkout to 1:00 due to the setback in our massage times.
We had three meals in Gonpachi and the only thing I noted, as I did last year, during the breakfast buffet is that when they run out of items in the pickled side dish area, the bowls are not replenished. We ate at 9:00 a.m and the buffet contined until 10:00 a.m. Staff did replenish the fish but overlooked the empty bowls of side dishes. It did take away from the full effect of a "Japanese breakfast."
Overall, we did have a wonderful second experience at MHH. This was my second annual spa weekend there with my older daughter who drives up from Del Mar.
Overall, we had a great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear iTinKso,

First- Happy Birthday!! I apologize for any inconveniences, we have installed a second wifi service to speed up the wifi, but we will have final resolution shortly as we are installing fiber optics, which up to now have not been available. We are pleased that we were able to provide you a high level of guest service. We look forward to your next birthday!!
Sincerely, Cherie Davis

Been to Miyako Hybrid Hotel? Share your experiences!