We travelled to bounty island recently for 6 nights as a group of 2 couples. After reading the mixed reviews I really didn't know what to expect but it was lovely. We stayed in two beachfront bures - lovely views with a sunny deck with a hammock too. Beach outside bure was quite rocky so better swimming and sunbathing on the beach just past the bar/restaurant (very short walk). Accommodation is pretty basic but it's a lovely spot, all clean and tidy and has all necessary facilities. The views and location are AMAZING! Food and drink very reasonably priced, I would recommend taking some bottled water from the mainland and dutyfree/wine we did that and it worked well. Food is pretty standard, there is a choice of a meal plan for $75 FJD per day and can also order off a short menu. I would recommend hiring snorkels/flippers for the stay (they charge $25 FJD for the whole time you are there) and doing a day trip (all arranged at dive shed at bounty). We went to honeymoon island and a sandbar closeby which was awesome!!
We will visit bounty island again, however next time probably split the week stay at two different locations as I got a little bit bored towards the end - not much in terms of nighttime entertainment !!
Overall a lovely little island which is very reasonable price wise - all up for accommodation and food/drinks came to about $800 NZD per person. (Excluding flights)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bounty Island Resort 'Jewel of the Mamanucas' One of Fiji's most laid back islands and closest island resorts to the mainland, we are conveniently located 8nm from Denarau or Vuda Marina's in the Mamanuca Group of islands. A short road journey to either marina and a 25 minute boat ride is all that' required before reaching our tropical paradise. Alternatively helicopter transfers are available. The island offers 48 acres of untouched tropical gardens surrounded by golden sandy beaches, clear pristine waters and a marine reserve that provides spectacular snorkelling. We are also home to the largest semi submersible in the world, the 18m long Seaview, which resides off our shores year round providing a fantastic tour around the reef. Tropical WaterSports, our in house water sports provider, are also the only operators in Fiji with the new water sport 'Fly boarding'. Bounty Island Resort offers fantastic, affordable accommodation. Our resort is ideal for every traveller, setting the standard for the Fiji Islands in low cost accommodation guests can choose from a variety of room types from basic dormitories to private bures to suit any budget, all of these set in lush, tropical, landscaped gardens. Lay back, kick your shoes off and chill out at this truly relaxing natural island paradise. The magnificent views across the pristine South Pacific make this the ideal place to relax. The pool area is the popular meeting spot for guests and home to the 'Village Cruiser' bar where our talented bar staff can mix you up an Island cocktail or maybe just a cappuccino. Your stay comes with an island atmosphere, camaraderie, and friendships that last a lifetime. At Bounty Island Resort there is so much to do. Snorkelling equipment is complimentary to our in-house guests and Tropical WaterSports also operate a PADI certified Dive Shop and as well as Scuba diving also offer Fishing, Kayaking, SUPing (Stand Up Paddleboards), Flyboarding, Guided Snorkelling and Water-skiing/Wake-Boarding. Bounty Island is also ideal for conference and other group tours. Our Chiefly 'Bure Kalou' can hold 200 guests theatre style and group/team building activities are our speciality. Of course catering is available and we have 6 covered, open sided bures on the beach where you can admire the views whilst being served your food. Enjoy a warm, friendly, personalized and affordable tropical island experience at Bounty Island Resort!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Bounty Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bounty Island Hotel Mamanuca Islands
- Bounty Island Mamanuca Islands