My wife and I stayed in a beachfront bure four nights in November. As in much of Fiji the people are genuine and very attractive. They love music and want to be certain you are comfortable.
The bure is pretty basic and tidy albeit small about 16 ft. x 10 ft. including a simple bathroom. The AC is unecessary as was the insect curtain over the bed. It is cleaned daily. The beach is about 20 ft. from the door step. Relaxing in a hammock or chaise lounge in front of the bure is very peaceful.
Swimming is refreshing with 80 degree F. water temp and very clear water. The island is unprotected from wave action, so when it blows swimming is tough. The sandy beach area right around the lodge and bures is best. The sand has eroded away from about half of the rest of the island.
Bounty has a turtle sanctuary with small number (8 during our stay) of babies in a safe pond which is interesting and the resort has recently encouraged a couple to develop fabulous gardens. I would like to see their work in a couple of years.
The food is very good and plentiful and, again, the staff is warm and receptive. We especially enjoyed Mathew and Abo who took us night fishing. A jacket left behind was returned to me by mail which we appreciated and reflects upon the honesty of the staff at this resort.
Most of our age group (over 60) chooses to stay (when in Fiji) in Denarau which is a shame, because they miss the best of the country. The younger generation knows where to go and Bounty Island is a very good choice.
- Also Known As:
- Bounty Island Hotel Mamanuca Islands
- Bounty Island Hotel
- Bounty Island Mamanuca Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to on of Fiji's newest Bare foot Island Resorts. We have 22 absolute Beach Front Bures, while budget focused are air conditioned with fridges. We also provide air conditioned dormitory style accommodation. Free non motorised water sports and very simple but beautiful surrondings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Bounty Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.