“Do Not Stay Here If You Need to Sleep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Wine Country

You added Quality Inn Wine Country to your Saves list
Quality Inn Wine Country
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27338 Jefferson Ave., Temecula, CA 92590 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersBronze level
California City, California
“Do Not Stay Here If You Need to Sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I booked two nights at this hotel . For two nights we were kept awake until 3 in the morning due to extemely loud parties going on. I complained the first night and was offered a new room, which we moved to. When the parties continued the second night I realized complaining did no good--management didn't care. Upon checking out I asked about the loud parties and was told it was the weekend and that what happens on the weekends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fresno, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Quick Check In, Meet the new manager and he was great. Our rooms had every thing you needed. Kids loved the hot tub. The BREAKFAST, made the stay. More food than at a Dennys, the staff person, forgot her name is wonderful and she is the Cook. I did book on line and that was easy. Easy to see why they get 5 out of 5 from me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

On sat july 9 2011, I stayed in room 212 at the Quality Inn Wine Country. Upon arrival I found the evening staff very accomidating. I read and signed the hotels NO SMOKING POLICY, and paid a $100.00 security policy, as I always do,(allow me to provide a little personal back ground on my self ,I am a 42y/o male.Neonatal/Peds/trauma/QA Respiratory Therapist for 22 years. Currently CEO of Delta Nine Health & Wellness Inc. Frequent traveler at Choice Hotels)in the form of cash as I do not ever hand my credit information to anyone. Upon entering my room I found the typical clenliness and comfort as my many choice stays in the past. I awoke at 0600 to one of the best continental breakfasts in california(in my opinion),which I ate in my room. After some minor abdominal discomfort(terminal disease induced) I called the front desk(still evening staff) and requested a noon check out , and was accomidated. At 1115 I woke up and warmed some pizza(orderd from the room menu the night befor) that I had added my medication(medicinal marijuana)to, in the microwave. At 1200 I accompany my son out of the room to check out, and this is where my impression of this establishment goes bad. As with any cash deposit, the room needs verified, prior to release of funds. I am in formed at 1205, by Veronica, that I would not be getting my $100 deposit back. I obviously inquire as to why, and she makes refrence to my violating the smoking policy. I rebutted this accusation with the simple fact, I had not smoked any thing of any kind in the room. She asked that we both go up to verify my claim! I agreed and as we discussed on the elevator up, I would use my phone to record the walk through. She agreed at the door and as we preceeded in she was un able to discover an ash, a mark, an ashtray, nothing. No physical evedince of smoking anything was present she stated , however she said it had an aroma of marijuana. I produced my physician reccomendation, h&s 11362.5 and described my actions in CONSUMING MY MEDICATION ORALLY. VIOLATION OF MY CIVIL RIGHTS began as Veronica stated she could smell my medication and suggested I not take my medication.I stoped filming on the way down to the office as she refused to ride in the elevator with me. I was then insulted in front of another couple checking out, with her telling me in public I was a liar, based off an aroma left after preparing food and medication, and would not provide me with a copy of the smoking policy to review when requested, however she gave me the card of Ken Westmayer GM. I called and emailed him on july 11 and provided accurate detail of the incident. He returned my call at @5pm on the 11th and stated he agreed there had been a policy violation indeed ,considering I did not smoke,nor did I violate any policy subjecting me to the withholding of my funds, theft. He made refrencee to wanting to speak with veronica on july 12th when she came in ,and I agreed, reminding him I have video documentation proving no evedince of policy violation,and awaited his return cal between 0900-1700 on july 12th. Ken never called!! I left a voice mail(as rsception said he was there but not available)

It is now the 13th at 1ish.. I still have not heard back.
In essence I have lost $260(bad stay +theft of deposit) ,been publicly insulted, my civil rights violated, and ignored and lied to with regards to response times by general management

I shoulda stayed at motel 6..or at this point a campground ..

I am still waiting to hear back from management. Ill keep you posted

Btw. I stay 3-5 nites a week in various cities and used to prefer the choice hotel family... I look forward to someone reading this so the customer service alone can be improved upon.. I want to come back to the choice hotel chain, so ?????????

• Stayed July 2011
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

$20.00 a night pet fee!! The pillows are small square pillows like throw pillows, neck pain the next day, had to go buy a standard pillow. Beds are hard, our comforter had cigarette burns on them. The AC was self control. Room did have marble bathroom walls and floors. But the shower head was too low for me, I 5'8" and had to figure out how to shampoo. Room also has microwave and refrigerator. Washer$1.75 and dryer$1.50 on site. Hot breakfast was nice. Staff pleasant enough. Pool is ok to dip in, not very big. First floor gets the air blower first thing in the morning. You can hear the cars pull in and the cleaning carts being pushed. If I had to do it again, I would stay in the Extended stay behind the Quality Inn. No pet fee(would have saved $100 plus tax for our stay), with pretty much the same room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We planned our California trip to include a visit with a cousin in nearby Lake Elsinore as well as a tour into Temecula's nearby wine country. We wanted a nice, clean, quiet facility near to the freeway but convenient to the nearby attractions. We reserved the Quality Inn-Wine Country and we weren't at all disappointed! The front-dest staff was very friendly and helpful from the start, the room was quiet, clean and well-maintained and the king-size bed was extra comfortable. The room included a delicious breakfast each morning as well as a daily paper delivered to our door. The facility is set up for business travelers, but we found a nice fit for us, too. Great value for the price!

Room Tip: Book early and on the company's website!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were only staying one night and we were quoted a great AAA rate which was less than $60.00. When we arrived we found the front desk attendant to be young and friendly but quite absent minded. She forgot to give our credit card back, forgot to give us our rooms keys…little things like that. We made it into our room and it was very clean, nice bedding and comfy pillows. It had a nice sized mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The next morning while we were enjoying breakfast, I needed to get on the internet to handle some work issues, so I asked the lady (different from the night before) who was at the front desk for the login. She gave me the login and reminded me there was only 15 minutes left of breakfast and at that time I would have to leave. I went back to the dining area and handled most of my business and as I was packing my computer to move to the lobby she was there to remind me that breakfast was over. I've stayed at this hotel on a few occasions and have never had these types of strange experiences with the staff. Maybe something was in the air?

Room Tip: AAA and AARP have great deals
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
costa mesa, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

The reviews on here don't reflect the quality of the hotel. I'm not sure if this property has recently been renovated or if others are expecting too much from this hotel. Another option is that there a few negative reviews by one posters - I never trust them.

Here are the pros:
- The price was great - $103 + tax on a saturday (Hotwire)
-The lady behind the counter was friendly and courteous
- The room was clean and of a decent size
-The bathroom was higher quality than I expected- very nice marble floors
- Includes a shallow pool and jacuzzi

Cons:
- Location is North of downtown and easy to miss
- Showerhead is low - only suitable for very short people

As other posters mentioned, the location is close to the freeway but its actually the freeway offramp. Noise wasnt an issue.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Wine Country? Share your experiences!