.....this Holiday Inn Express is ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Temecula.
First, let me note that the staff is excellent. Very professional and very helpful. My complaint about the bathroom light with a mind of its own (turned off after 20 minutes of no use) was met by a maintenance person within minutes to see if he could make it work. He could not.
The problems I note here can all be laid at the feet of Holiday Inn Express management.
The outside structure was built no later than the 1980's and it looks it. However, I really like HIex bedding, particularly the smooth white sheets tightly tucked. So I took a shot at it.
Walking into the hotel entrance gives me the feeling that I am in a mausoleum. Black wall, dark stones, ugh. Dark and dreary. That could be so easily fixed.
The interior halls all smell of cleaning fluid.
Decor appears (to me) to be late 80's. Could be more recent, but if so, the decorator was pretty poor, or HIex dictated a low low budget. Probably the latter.
I was "upgraded" to a king bed with a sofa. Would have been better off without the ratty looking fabric sofa, also of ancient lineage.
The bed itself was excellent.
The bathroom light will turn off after 20 minutes if no one is in the bathroom. When I stay in a motel ALL the lights are on ALL the time except when I'm sleeping. That ALONE reeks of cheapness and it is HIex policy. Local mgmt has no choice.
The shower is of 80s vintage. My guess is that it is the original shower. Old and narrow. Pieces of non-slip strips on the bottom. Dirty strips. You will get clean but you will not enjoy the shower experience. I'm normal size and 5'8" and I kept bumping against the shower wall and getting twisted in the curtain.
Internet service is VERY poor. Yes, you will be able to log in to the net. No, you will not be able to go to any URL that just pops right up at home. Every one I tried to pull up took several minutes (not seconds) to come up. It would not pull up the URL for my bank at all.
This HIex has the unusual policy, normally attributed to high end hotels, of requiring cancellation no later than 3pm THE DAY BEFORE arrival. You will discover the reason for this policy if you drive about a mile farther down the street (Jefferson St) toward "Old Town". There I found the two most gorgeous Hampton Inn and Suites AND SpringHill Suites that I have ever seen. They both look like brand new castles, especially the Hampton. AND the rates are comparable to HIex. Thus the policy. No more newcomers driving into town, spotting the Hampton or the Spring Hill and immediately cancelling at the HIex.I would have done it had I not already been committed to pay for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Enjoy our newly renovated hotel offers 90 tastefully decorated 'deluxe' and 'work zone' rooms, providing the highest quality standard for you. Affordable, excellence and convenient whether you travel for business, leisure or extended stay. Our great value truly compliments your simple needs. Our interior corridor hotel has a smoke free policy. Enjoy our complimentary deluxe breakfast to start your day, featuring cinnamon rolls, egg, bacon, sausages, biscuit & gravy and much more. Free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. Save your cellular minutes! Your guestroom has free local calls. In room coffee maker enjoy the convenience of a fresh cup of coffee without leaving your guestroom. Most of the rooms equipped with 37 flat screen TV with Premium channels, free HBO. Refrigerator, microwave and large work desk. Let us turn your ordinary hotel experience into an extraordinary one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Temecula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Temecula Hotel Temecula
- Holiday Inn Temecula
- Temecula Holiday Inn Express