“Does the job” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Portsmouth
“Does the job”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wen taway with 8 other poelpe a mixture of ages with my other halfs family. We wer evisiting friend in Temecula and needed a fairly cheap place to stay with a pool. I thought the hotel was nice, clean and what I'd expect for that amount of money. Breakfast was good and the pool was alot larger than other hotels in the area. I would reccomend this to people who arent going to be spending alot of time at the hotel. Its not a resort but a basic holiday inn express like the name suggests. However I had no problems what so ever!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kunal K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Vicki,

Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your satisfaction while you stayed with us. We are glad to be the value proposition that you were seeking out of a Hotel in Temecula and we hope that in the future, you will choose us for a similar experience.

Regards,
Holiday Inn Express Temecula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Biarritz, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We ventured out to Temecula for a friend's wedding. The bride had reserved a block of rooms and so I just stayed there because I thought everyone was staying at this hotel. Clearly, I should have done my research and stayed elsewhere like the rest of the wedding group. We usually stay at rather nice hotels so this was a downgrade for sure. The rooms just looked old. The air conditioning was very loud. Because it was 90 plus degrees when we stayed there, we had to run the loud air conditioner throughout the night. I definitely did a bed bugs check here (it was clean). The hotel was pretty much the furthest hotel down Jefferson - which means it is far from the main street you will travel on to get to the wineries. Would I return? Nope. I would check out the Marriott down the street. I've heard that Holiday Inns are great in Asia, but clearly not in the U.S. Did I enjoy anything about this hotel? The food was good at the breakfast, but it ends early on weekends (10 am). I'd take a nicer hotel without breakfast any day and grab a cheap breakfast at Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear lovetotravelle,

Thank you for you review. I am pleased that you liked the food served during your stay with us. I am sorry that our rooms looked old and the air conditioning unit was loud. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling below your expectations. Your review will be used to consider needed improvements and I hope that you can give us a chance to show how great our hotel is.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Buena Park, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We checked in a found the hotel and room to have just been recently remodeled as we were informed. At first glance it looked like we had made a good decision in selecting this hotel for a quick stop in Temecula. However two things stood out as easily remedied but for some reason were not addressed by the hotel staff. The elevator was like a sauna. There was a fan in the ceiling of the elevator running at full speed however it was hot and stuffy each time we used the elevator day or night. Also, the bath tub appeared to have been coated as part of the recent remodel however the coating or paint was peeling off in large pieces and the seam between the actual bath tub and the wall piece of the enclosure was moldy. And not just a little that I had to look hard to find but the entire perimeter of the tub was ringed in mold. I certainly don’t expect to check into a room and find such an obvious filthy problem as the condition of this tub. It ruined what would have otherwise been an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kunal K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your feedback and it is quite shocking for us to know about the issues you have faced in the bathroom. I would like to put our entire focus in rectifying such an issue in all our rooms because it just isn't the quality we would stand by. Can you please also provide me with the room number you have stayed in so we can ensure that it gets taken care of as well?

We really appreciate your feedback and apologize for not making your stay as enjoyable as it should've been. Our lapse in ensuring complete quality has caused this issue and I can assure you that we are already working hard on rectifying it throughout the hotel and expect its completion within 48 hours for the complete satisfaction of our Guests.

Thanks,
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

As someone who needs to travel quite a bit for business, I can say, without a bit of equivocation, that this particular hotel is one of my favorites. The staff is courteous and kind, the rooms are gorgeous, and the location is great—close (but not too close!) to the freeway and near lots of places to eat.

Regardless, I think the first time I stayed at this hotel was the first time I stayed at any Holiday Inn Express. Well, because of the Temecula Holiday Inn Express, I will always try to stay at a HIE when I am traveling for business.

PS. The bacon & bell pepper omelets at the breakfast are phenomenal.

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade yourself to the signature king rooms. They have DVD players, etc. Very nice!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kunal K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Ali,

Thank you so much for your benevolent feedback about our Hotel. We appreciate your patronage here and are glad you enjoy our delicious Hot Breakfast items. We are constantly trying to improve and experiment with our product and are glad that it has worked for you!
We will see you on your next visit to Temecula!

Thanks once again for your kind words! I am certain that it will only encourage our entire staff to do even better!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel stole $296.00 dollars from my wife's debt card... our bank has confirmed the theft... terrible customer service upon check-in .. terrible management..Better Business Bureau has also confirmed we are not the only people this hotel has stolen money from

• Stayed July 2012
To whom it may concern,

I am totally unclear as to what your accusation is about. Please provide us with specific details about your reservation along with your contact information so we can look into this 'theft' accusation that supposedly, even the better business bureau confirms for you.

We are simply here to provide fine, convenient accommodations to travelers in Temecula. We are not in the business of stealing people's money. Please contact the Hotel before blatant accusations.

Thanks,

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We spent 6 nights here in July 2012, our second visit (first one was the previous year). The hotel is clean and staff is friendly and correct. We asked for and received an extremely quiet room away from the elevator; beds were comfortable. The breakfast is decent, standard for this level of hotel. Here's the problem: the coffee is really bad. Like it was everywhere 25 years ago, thin and weak and flavorless. And like it is not anywhere hardly today, even in dives and delis. There is no excuse for this at all; it undermines an overall ok breakfast. Second problem -- the hotel is supposedly totally smoke-free, and we could smell smoke in our room 3 of the 6 nights. We complained, and while the staff was sympathetic, they basically said there was nothing they could do and it is very hard to find the source. Well, then "smoke-free" is just words and nothing more. I don't know why a quite acceptable hotel would not want to solve such simple problems.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, just ask in advance.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kunal K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

We do realize that you have many options when you travel and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us during your visit to Temecula. We value your feedback and thank you for your appreciation about our staff's services, rooms and amenities.
Your feedback about the quality of the coffee is being taken seriously by us and we have forwarded that to our vendor to inquire about the quality issue and we are considering alternatives to make it better for our guests. Let me assure you that we will soon have a blend that will complement our breakfast offering.
With regard to the smoke odor that you experienced in your room, we are definitely a 100% non-smoking hotel. During busy nights, we occasionally do have guests who violate our rules and it sometimes takes us more than a day to eliminate the odor. I am by no means offering any excuse or justification for your displeasure about the odor but we do treat it seriously since it affects our policy and therefore our guest's satisfaction. We continue to monitor such odors and deal with them swiftly to ensure that our guest experience is always the finest.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and we do take the issues you pointed out seriously in order to improve our services.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions or would like to share more feedback, please do get in touch with us.

La Jolla, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel room was nice and clean. It is right off the highway and even with the ac we could hear the traffic noise. The lobby is torn up and in the midst of renovations . would go back when they are completed. The location for the hotel is vey convenient to everything

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple