“Golf Vacation with the Guys” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44501 Rainbow Canyon Road, Temecula, CA 92592   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
Irvine, CA
“Golf Vacation with the Guys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Our group has an annual golf trip and we have been going to Temecula Creek Inn for the past 13 years.

The golf course has 27 holes and were well maintained, the rooms were clean and the Temet Grill served an excellent menu. We stayed under the golf package with the meal plan.

All the staff (check-in, golf course, grill and check-out) was friendly and professional.

Our group has considering going to other locations, but after doing our research, we keep coming back to TCI. We think it is an excellent choice if you objective is to stay in one place to play golf, eat and sleep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Long Beach, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

This was my third trip to the Temecula Creek Inn and I have yet to be disappointed. The rooms are nice for the price and offer a view of the golf course. I find the king rooms closer to the restaurant to be nicer offering a larger bathroom setup and sitting area, but the rooms just off the course view are equally as nice. The service staff and attentive and very polite as are the dinning staff.

The inn is close to Pechanga so you can easily get out and gamble if that is your thing. And there are many dinning options just a few miles away. Old Town Temecula is also just down the road.

The inns grounds are nice and there is a feeling of peace and relaxation I found there. The golf courses are all nicely kept and fun to play. We played at twilight and the price was beyond reasonable - $22/person with a cart for as many holes as we could get in. We had no trouble finishing 18 and in some cases were able to complete 27 holes. Probably the most spectacular course is the Stone House course which is as challenging as it is beautiful. I found the Pro Shop Staff to be exceptionally nice and accommodating. I n particular, the staff that stays late to collect the golf carts were very friendly and helpful.

This is a special place and one that I will continue to come back too!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We were on our way to the beach at Oceanside, Ca. and decided to spend the nite at this lovely inn..a present given to us by our son(gift card.) The rooms are well appointed, large and quiet. We very much enjoyed a gourmet 3 course dinner and a very substantial breakfast the next morning. The grounds are lovely and well cared for. The many wineries in the area are an added perk. Would highly recommend this lovely spot to anyone...a most enjoyable visit which we shall repeat next year!! Karen, Scottsdale, AZ.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

The Temecula Creek Inn was recommended to us by a business associate of my wife. We were a bit apprehensive, as my wife and I are not golfers, but what a great weekend we had. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the view from our room was beautiful. The breakfast and dinner at the Temet Grill were delicious. I highly recommend sitting by a window in the restaurant as the views of the superbly manicured greens, and the spectacular waterfalls enhanced the dining experience. An added treat was the close proximity to Pechanga Indian Casino and Temecula Wineries. In addition upon our arrival, guests were treated to an open house wine tasting and appetitizer event. All staff members were extremely friendly and helpful in directing us around the area. I highly recommend the Temecula Creek Inn if you are looking for a place to stay in the Temecula Wine Country or Casino hopping.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

The hotel is very peaceful and quite. The location was beautiful. Although Native American design isn't my forte they accomplished a classy look that felt authentic. I honestly don't have one bad thing to say except, I wish that I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Unless you have superhuman powers of selective hearing skip this 'Inn', (or at least be very careful as to which room you're given). Otherwise the freeway noise drowns out everything, even through closed windows. This is such a shame because the setting otherwise is a beautiful oasis in the rugged landscape. The room itself was large but rather rundown, with chipped surfaces throughout and worn upholstery. The restaurant had a great breakfast, but spotty service. We had no problems with the staff, but others in our party did. My average rating comes largely from the wonderful event we were here for, and great group we were with. Unless you are very into golf find an alternate place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This was my second trip to Temecula and unfortunately the hotel I stayed at the first time was fully booked so I ended up booking four rooms at the Temecula Creek Inn. The online photos definitely make the place look a whole lot nicer...and had we gotten better rates (in the $90's and $100's versus the mid to high $200's), my review might be a little more forgiving.

It's true that they've renovated the rooms. However, had they put a little more money in to the upgrades (whether it was the tile in the bathroom, the linens on the bed or the tv's in each room), that would have made a world of difference. Also, some of the rooms were dirty when we arrived (cobwebs in the ceilings, etc.), but we were so tired when we checked-in, we didn't want to bother with changing everyone's rooms. I had also canceled my in-room massage appointment before I arrived at the hotel, but for some reason or another, that message didn't get passed on to the massuse so I was unexpectedly woken-up that morning. The massuse was nice and since she was there, I decided to keep the appointment. However, when I went to check out, there were some issues with my bill (since I originally had a special package deal which included my room and the massage) so I had to work that out with the Front Desk.

Fortuantely the food was decent at the on-site restaurant (I had breakfast on the first day and brunch on the second) and the golfers in our group liked the golf course (which was a relief because they play golf at some of the nicest courses in the US).

Would I go back? I think the hotel has a lot of potential and if they were to bring the right people in and make a few changes to the rooms, I might consider it. However, if things stay the same, I'd prefer to stay at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa...or I'd even consider staying at the local Embassy Suites.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Temecula Creek Inn? Share your experiences!