“Prefect............” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Prefect............”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We bought our stay on Groupon, excellent choice. We got a great deal, a wonderful room, great view, the golf was excellent. I read some reviews that were not favorable about the condition of this property, this is an older property, but very clean and I would come again. The food was great at breakfast, they make their own jelly and bacon from what I understand. The bed was comfortable with like 6 pillows and our room #161 was very clean and spacious with the vaulted ceiling.. Our balcony over looked the first tee, and was a nice place to enjoy a few drinks. The grounds are beautiful.. Cannot say anything bad about our stay.. Bring your club's....

Room Tip: Next to pro shop and Cook Fire...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I will start off saying that the customer service was amazing, from check in, help from maintenance and the restaurant, the workers were nice, but I will not stay here again. I live in Oregon and wanted to stay at a place with a nice pool and hot tub for my vacation to Southern CA; the pool was dirty and the hot tub was only full to my knees.

My room was on the second level and I had a lot to carry and there was no elevator. My room looked nice until I went into the bathroom, where everything is old and dingy. The shower was chipped, the shower curtain adorned a previous visitor's booger (NOT kidding) and the shower head was crusted with hard water stains. My room key stopped working TWICE and I had to make the long trek to the front desk to get it reprogrammed. Oh, and they have some weird TV service that doesn't come in all the time. You will be watching a show and it just keeps cutting out; so annoying. OK, last...no fridge or microwave. :(

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front desk, so you don't have to walk so far to get to the restaurant, b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Christine M, Director of Rooms at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Shelly H.,

I am pleased to hear about your positive experience with the staff at Temecula Creek Inn. We strive to provide friendly, customized service to each of our guests. My sincere apologies for the cleanliness issue encountered with your guest room; this inattention to detail is not typical of Temecula Creek Inn.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss the details of your stay.

Regards,
Christine Machado
Director of Rooms
cmachado@jcresorts.com
(951) 587- 1476
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

As other reviewers have stated, this is an older property that has been somewhat updated. We asked for one of the remodeled rooms when we made our reservation and stayed in the building closest to the restaurant and golf clubhouse. We spent two nights there while visiting the nearby wineries. We looked forward to the cool, green oasis of the Temecula Creek Inn after the crowds around the wineries. The on property restaurant and bar area have been totally remodeled. We enjoyed breakfast there, but our favorite memory is sitting in the outside bar area listening to the water pouring over the boulders in the golf course lakes. It was shady and cool on a warm day. We enjoyed cocktails and delicious fig and goat cheese flat bread appetizers. A very relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one of the newly remodeled rooms!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Temecula Creek Inn is a quaint, off the beaten path little golf resort. We stayed one night in a standard lower level king room that looked out on the golf course. The hotel was about 15 minutes from main wine country.

Arrived at 530PM and were checked in promptly. The lobby is smaller, but offers a small gift section. I didn't notice any breakfast offerings (for free) while there.

The room was down a set of stairs (or elevator) and had generous space for storage, a tub/shower combo, dual sinks, toilet room and a flat screen HD TV. The decor was modern-ish, but the building and some of the bathroom fixtures were clearly dated. It felt like an older hotel that got a facelift within the last few years. It was clean, nothing bad that stuck out in my mind, but as other travelers mentioned you do notice its a little older. The room was quiet and the AC worked very well. The bed was awful. It was older with one of those mattress toppers on it. Pillows were flat. Shower had good water pressure. It was nice that the toilet was in its own room. There was a desk with chair and a separate lounge chair.

We ate at Cork Fire Kitchen for dinner and for breakfast. Dinner was good, breakfast was good as well. Ill detail my dinner experience in a separate Yelp review, but here it is as well...

We had reservations at 630PM and we needed them, the place was busy. Large bar area when you walk in with plenty of seating, smaller main dining room. Decor was nice, looks to be recently done as many other travelers have noted. The menu was modern, plenty of drinks and a good selection of food.

We had the calamari, scallops and beef tenderloin. The calamari was bland and just average. Regular breaded calamari with cocktail sauce that tasted just like it came from a jar. Could have used maybe some pep in its step. Scallops were good, served with asparagus and polenta cakes. Scallops are tough to cook, two of them were chewy and two were perfect. I can't fault them for that, they cook quick quick! Great taste, good dish. The beef tenderloin was described as sliced (I think) but it was served in two chunks. Very crispy on the outside with a THICK layer of peppercorns. Cooked medium inside, wife liked it. We had a special valentines desert described as strawberry soup, balsamic vinegar, rocky road brownies. It was... interesting. It likely won't make it to the regular menu.

Dinner was good, we would eat here again if staying in the hotel. Breakfast had some interesting items... Some good looking waffles and pancakes. We stuck to the regular eggs benedict and I got just eggs and avocado. Good for breakfast if you are in the hotel or are not, neat menu.

Overall, we wanted a unique Temecula hotel experience- not the Holiday Inn Express. Temecula Creek Inn gave us just that. Is it dated? Sure, but is it clean? Yep! Good food? Yep! Parking? Yep! Nice grounds? Beautiful indeed.

Room Tip: Get a reservation if you want dinner!
Woodstock, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you are looking for a retreat in the Temecula Valley that is outside the hustle and bustle of town, this is your place. Yes, it is a little rustic but what is wrong with that? The king rooms have plenty of space, a comfortable bed, new TVs and either a patio or balcony facing the golf course and some longer views - great for relaxing and sipping some of the local wines. If your neighbors are noisy, you may hear them but it was quiet after 10 pm. We had our building almost to ourselves on a Thursday night but the resort was a lot busier on the weekend. The receptionist was very friendly and efficient, check out was accurate and quick, the new restaurant is top notch and the golf is very good. Unless you need modern facilities and state of the art everything, you will love this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room if you are able to tote your bags up the stairs - quieter and a better v...
Upland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I arrived on a Wednesday morning for a one night stay with unlimited golf. We found the receptionist to be very accommodating as well as friendly. Our king room was in very nice condition including the bathroom. We were on the lower floor with a patio overlooking the 1st tee of one of the 3 nine hole courses. The area is very beautiful with lots of oak trees. The golf staff was very friendly and kept to our reserved tee times. These courses appear to be very popular and as a twosome on the first day pace of play was very slow behind a foursome. However on day two we were paired with another twosome and pace of play was good. The only criticism I might make is that with this particular package, they do not allow you to play before 11:00 the first day and you can only play 18 holes on day two so it is not really "unlimited golf". I would definitely recommend TCI to others and would also return myself.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
JCResortsMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and your feedback regarding your golf experience. We look forward to having you back!
long beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I got a groupon for a few nights stay at this hotel which is also on a golf course in wine country. My friend and I arrived Friday night in time for dinner. We sat at the bar and had an awesome bottle of Malbec, flatbread and chicken wings. Everything was outstanding. The service was great and the restaurant was just renovated and lovely.
The next day we had breakfast in the same restaurant. (a free breakfast was included in our package, as well as a bottle of wine each night). I can tell you that the steak and eggs, which was the most expensive item on the breakfast menu ($17) and was still included in the free breakfast, was the BEST steak I have ever had for breakfast. Soooo tender. The next day my niece has the same breakfast and the steak was just as good.
The hotel is located very close to main street Temecula where we went to the farmers market Saturday morning. A definite DON'T miss. Then we headed out to several wineries that were all located in close proximity. It was a great day. We opted to purchase their winery special, 3 wineries for $30. Great value. Be sure to check it out.
The room was just wonderful with a view of the golf course. Comfy bed, nice bathroom.
We were at the farthest end of the property on the second floor, and we had no noise issues of any kind.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are coming to Temecula, CA and you have a groupon. Otherwise, it is pretty pricey, bu

Room Tip: Higher floor (2nd) has best view of golf course.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Toni,
Thanks so much for your review of Temecula Creek Inn! We love hearing feedback on what we can do to make your stay one to remember. Thank you for sharing about your great weekend!

Been to Temecula Creek Inn? Share your experiences!