“One of our favorites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vail Lake Village & RV Resort

Vail Lake Village & RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temecula
Vail Lake Village & RV Resort
You added Vail Lake Village & RV Resort to your Saves list
38000 Highway 79 South, Temecula, CA 92591   |
Temecula
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed here with family and friends, totaling about 8 rigs, and had a great time. Everyone loved pretty much everything about it and we immediately made reservations as a group for the following year. We took a golf cart and drove around the large park quite a bit so have a pretty good idea of what it's like. There are tons of spaces and a huge variety so I suggest if you do go that you take a good look around because if you don't like your area too much you would probably find something you really like somewhere else in the park. The clubhouse area is a pretty neat little area. You can buy ice cream cones (and some other slightly expensive gift items) and other stuff to eat, you can watch a nighttime outdoor movie, play mini-golf, and there is even a little bar tucked away into one of the corners. There is a large swimming pool area which is very nice and very popular. Around it is a nice park area with a pond in the middle (I think you can fish here). In another area is the water slide, but we only drove by this from a distance so I can't really comment on it except to say that the prices listed on our sheet seemed pretty high to us. There is also a place to go on horse rides around the hills. Seems like it might be fun but probably also pretty expensive, we passed for this trip. Just outside of the park (though you can access it from a dirt road) is one of those mini-racecar tracks. We watched people racing their radio-controlled cars around the track, looked like fun. One thing to note about all of this is that it is very spread out and a bit hilly so if you want to look around the park you will want to bring a golf cart or bike or just drive around some if you're not used to really long walks. I'm not sure about how you get to the lake from here but I do know that the main road going there is a dirt road and it was closed off while we were there except to allow walking or hay-ride access to a concert they had down there for the day. There was no cable or wi-fi access where we were camping, I think they might have some wi-fi close to the clubhouse but I'm not sure. The spaces were nice, pretty roomy and easy to back into. It seems most of the spaces don't have anyone behind them either, it's either a hill or an open area (ours had a great grass lawn). We go to about 5-6 different camp grounds a year and this was probably our favorite, I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Menifee, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We had reservations for 1 year for Halloween. We called a week in advance to confirm our arrival date and we weren't in the system and they gave these sites away. We drove up there and showed them our receipts from last year and they said we have to pick another site they wont tell the other people to move. I said we have these reserved and Nora the Manager said it was a computer problem and there's nothing she could do so i better take these sites or I will loose them. She was very rude to us. So if you make reservations here and pay in advance and have receipts to prove it, It won't matter to them they will blame it on the computer. Don't Guarantee anything from this place. Very unprofessional Manager working here, No people skills at all. They should bend over backwards to make us happy since it was their fault but not in this case we have to settle for less even though we had reservations. This will be our last year here and the group we come with. That's to bad because it is so close to home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Montclair, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Lets start with CHECK IN. After asking for our favorite spot, yes we checked our map from last year, we discovered that they had re-numbered the sites. Ok, we dealt with that because the new spot was not so bad. We set up, my husband and daughter went to the office to pick up our Haunted Hayride & Haunted House tickets. The office ladies told my husband that they are not handing out 2 complementary tickets anymore, they are under new owners. Ok. So my husband spent $150 on tickets for our family of 6, which included the NEW Balloon Glow Ride. Later that same day I went to the office with my sister inlaw so she could check in and while we were there I explained to her that they were not offering free tickets anymore since they were under new owners. She asked, she received free tickets, imagine my surprise, so I asked and they said that they had just received the tickets so they were now handing them out. This is were the Rip Off really started.
1. Spoke to owner Bill, yes they will refund my money, "no" does not have to be today sine all my "purchased" tickets were at my site and it was late
2. Both my teenage kids were stopped by the rangers while driving an electric cart to check their license (which they both had in the trailer) but they did not stop the young kids driving/racing the loud gas carts around our site
3. My husband was stopped by the rangers when he tried to drive the cart up to the village at 10:30pm and was told no carts allowed after 10:30pm, what about the 5 loud gas carts racing around my site at 11:00pm? This same ranger ran over when we were starting a fire and accused us of using gas to start it, when my husband was holding a lighter fluid bottle
4. Haunted Hayride lasted 4 minutes, included 3 areas with maybe 15 monsters, was to start at 6:30pm actually started at 7:25pm, and SUCKED LEMONS for $10 per person
5. Other things accured this weekend but the WORST to happen was when we tried to go to the office to get our money back for our tickets that Bill, the new owner, said was OK. Well, we talked to Nora, and between my husband trying to complain and Nora trying to yell over him that we would not be getting our money back, (she took my tickets and would not give them back) she actually said she was calling the police saying my husband was abusive and threatened her. WHAT A CROCK. I guess this is how the new owners and managers are treating their 8 year veteran VIP campers.
6. When we prepaid $10 for an extra car, they still charged the extra car and would not refund this amount either.
7. We also wont mention the fact that they are not giving receipts for all the purchased ride vouchers even after we asked for them. This is $40 per person if you go on all rides.
This is on top of the $110 a night fee.
I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND I WILL NEVER RECOMMED THIS CAMP SITE TO ANYONE!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We just got back from our first family camping trip to Vail Lake! Overall, I would definitely recommend this place for young kids (we have a 5 and 7 year old). There is plenty to keep them happy and occupied...we never once heard, "I'm bored"!! We were strictly tent camping so we were very limited to the areas we could occupy. The girl I made the reservation through suggested Lower Merlot since it was close to "everything". I was aware that we would only have partial shade, but thought with enough EZ-ups and the trade off to be close to all the fun kid stuff it would be worth it. I was wrong!! We were definitely walking distance to the water slides, but that was about it. Basically, the campground is so spread out that most everyone drives golf carts everywhere or their car. It would have been more than worth it to stay in the Arroyo Seco area and have lots of shade than to be the only ones in the Lower Merlot area in what felt more like desert camping. We were literally the only ones in that whole area from Friday-Monday! We drove around the entire campsite and made some notes on GOOD TENT CAMPING SITES....303, 306, 307, 402, 403, 381 area, 413-419 area. And if you must be in the Merlot area try spots 217-218, there is a HUGE shade tree here. STAY AWAY FROM the Lower Arroyo Seco area (430-500). It is very overgrown and seems next to impossible to pitch a tent there. Water slides are a blast, concerts on Saturday are super fun, pool is packed on Fri-Sat (you can only bring alcohol if it is in a cup), miniature golf is in need of some love (not very well kept up), bathrooms are mediocre. Overall, we would go back again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Norco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We heard of Vail Lakes before but I checked it out on the internet the site does not give good info or pictures.....so we never went! Well we needed somewhere close to get together with friends and Family on 4th of July... so we risked it..........OMG I wish I had risked it a long time ago!!! Huge oak trees, Big Spots, water-slides (kids cried when they had to leave), Big clean pool area with 3 pools (one is a kids splash pool), Big grass areas, amazing horseshoe pits, wine and beer bar on fri. & Sat nights, horse stables with good prices to rent, we saw deer!, we took our Rhinos and went off-roading on trails to lake, (The Lake is membership only with water skiing fishing etc.) but (we are considering joining), wine tasting in temecula is like 15 minutes away, as are stores etc....... I can't even go on about the 4th of July events, except to say WOW !!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!! I am a picky camper I love full hook -ups and Newport Dunes....so believe me when I say It will not disappoint!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I love Vail Lake and the employees. Tish is wonderful and sweet, and the camp is clean. We have stayed for the last three years during the Spooky Halloween scene and had a great time along with all the kids. We have also stayed during fourth of July and loved the Hay ride, fire work display and the water slide, which I might add is reasonably priced. They have tons of activities for the kids and adults to do. Defenitly going back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We had a great time. My husband has a brain injury so when we made the reservation I asked what spot would be good for him and the girls went out of there way to get us something shady and quiet. We stayed in the oaks area and it was so convienent for the stores and also we got to hear the music on sat night without having to take him over to the village area.Everybody from the time we passed the security gate till we left always had a smile on there face thanks vail for letting us have a great family and friends weekend celebrating our 35 th wedding anniversary.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — flys
  • Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Vail Lake Village & RV Resort? Share your experiences!