“Average accommodations with great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego, California
“Average accommodations with great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Besides the room décor being a little dated, the overall feel of the hotel is just above average - what you would expect for a mid-level hotel. Friendly and courteous staff go a long way to make an experience better than average. Room was clean and everything I needed was in working order - having a mini-fridge and microwave are a big plus. The bed was comfortable - could have been firmer but I slept good.

Breakfast has an average variety of food....doesn't take much to get me excited and the waffle maker is a great bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We arrived too early for check-in before a wine tasting tour. The lobby is gorgeous and there are even two swimming pools. When we were able to check in to out studio suite, I was pleased with the decor and function of the room.

The linens and beds were comfy. The water closet was kind of weird though. Great area for lounging and working was separate from the sleeping area.

They had Paul Mitchell toiletries, a great surprise. When I return to Temecula, I will come here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had to stay here for business recently this month. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. I slept well and found the bed and pillows comfy and fresh. The complimentary breakfast took care of my needs and the hotel is located right near the freeway for easy access. The only complaint I have is that when I went for an evening swim the pool was over chlorinated and the jacuzzi was kinda dirty. Whoever is keeping up the area of the hotel needs to step it up.

Room Tip: Although this hotel is near the freeway, I found it to be very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Normally I have found Fairfield Inns to be decent, mid priced accommodations. But this one is way below par. Besides needing updating the beds were the worst I've ever slept in during all my travels. I was alone in a two bed room. About 3 am I realized that I kept waking up because it felt like the bed was falling in--no exaggeration! So I moved to the other bed which was only slightly better. I skipped breakfast here to eat with my son and have a decent start to the day since the night was bad and I'm still tired. I asked for a late checkout till 3 which was granted, no problem, but when I returned from breakfast the maids were cleaning my room. The word did not get to them or the maids messed up, I'm not sure which. I can't recommend this place and will never stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Marlene A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Temecula, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the bed issues encountered during your stay and the location of your room. Your comfort is our number one concern, so I appreciate your feedback. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you!
Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Overall a very nice facility..... the staff were excellent....... the free breakfast was in a pretty small room, but was your typical breakfast..... the room was very clean, and was furnished, but there was no shower cap in the bathroom or body lotion and for a $200 a night room, I think that those should be expected.....

My other comment would be that it was a little difficult to find, the exit from the freeway is very convenient, but once driving down the street the hotel is hidden behind a restaurant with very poor signage on the street.....

Room Tip: Be careful driving, it is difficult to see from the street....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice staff, very pleasant, tried to be Accommodating - but the Pillow Top mattresses here were the ABSOLUTE worst I have ever slept on!! Could NOT spend our week here so we checked out & went to SpringHill down the street, a few dollars more but SO much nicer! Atmosphere at SpringHill is much more upscale as well. Fairfield was decent but I will now be sure to ask if PillowTops are standard - + room frig. made noise ALL night long!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marlene A, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Temecula, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Greetings and thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Temecula for your recent visit! We appreciate your honest feedback both positive and negative as we are always looking to improve the guest experience. We also do appreciate your Marriott Loyalty and happy to hear you had enjoyable stay at our sister property in Temecula. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Though the rooms in this Fairfield are hit and miss depending on how crowded they are, we've stayed at this hotel consistently for a number of years. Check-in is always efficient with a well managed staff. They are attentive to Rewards program and preferences and when we can get a suite on the quiet side away from the freeway, the location is ideal, close to a variety of shops and major outlets, and convenient to one of our favorite California Mexican restaurants.

I've commented on this hotel before so would not bother reiterating all this except that our stay this time was slightly different. If you are on the road a lot you already know how dreadful a simple breakfast can be in the wrong hands -- especially the scrambled eggs. Though the hotel has always done more than most other Marriotts to augment it's morning fare, I was particularly surprised at the quality of eggs prepared by the young lady in charge of the breakfast on this trip. Most think eggs are eggs, until you find the exception. We'll stay here again I'm sure but I'd imagine by then she'll be a chef at a local restaurants, I wish her all the luck.

Room Tip: Try the Guadalajara Mex Grill just down the street on Jefferson -- but get there early...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Temecula? Share your experiences!