“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
Bakersfield, California, United States
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

You can tell when this was built it was a nice hotel. Not knowing how old it is I am guessing it has not been updated in the last 15 years. The room looks like your back in 1995 decor wise. Its the little things that I found wrong with room 202. The cigarette burn on the bath tub. The tub hot water handle being loose. The toilet not flushing all the way. The pipes in the wall you can here bouncing all over from 430am on. The main check in room was nice but spider webs up in the ceiling showing all over. I would rate this at a 3 star on its best day

Room Tip: Get a north facing room unless you like looking at the neighbors rv
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Oustanding second visit to the Inn at Churon! Make this review your last!!

First let me manage expectations on a few items. My wife and I live just outside Temecula and frequent the area. We are members of various wineries and have visited each of the available Inns within Temecula wine country. You will NOT find a Hilton 5-star type lodging experience ANYWHERE within 25 miles of Temecula wine country so you need to come to grips with that if you are going to enjoy your stay anywhere here. Having said that, of all the places we have stayed (all of them), this is by far our favorite.

ROOMS: It is a true "Inn" experience. The rooms (not just the suites) are very large, have fireplaces, soft beds, rustic feel appointments, BEAUTIFUL bathrooms and even more beautiful views. Each room has a mini-fridge. But I mean a REAL mini-fridge, not the kind that is stuffed with overpriced bevereages with enough space left over for a single coke can. This fridge is big enough for bottles of water (I would suggest this for the day after) and anything else you might want to have chilled. The rooms all have their own patio with sitting area and table with a great view into the valley and to the next hill with vineyards spanning the entire view. The bathrooms ARE of 5-star quality. They are his and hers style with large sinks seperated by a large shower and they all come with a jetted tub which is more than large enough for a couple. The room interior is of dark wood and antique style and really makes you feel more like you are at home than in a hotel.

LOCATION: It's location is perfect. Most wineries close for tastings at 5pm, some stay open until 6pm. The ONLY winery that provides late-night entertainment is Miramonte. If you are looking for any kind of after hours dancing or live music you go here (and yes I would HIGHLY recommend it). Well it happens to be conveniently located just across the main road on the opposite hill top. Its far away enough to not hear anything from Churon, but close enough to make for a VERY short drive to your bed. The Inn is located just inside what would be the "gate" to wine country. Its very easy to find and if you are exploring the area for the first time it is only about 5 minutes in the car to the most outlying wineries.

GROUNDS KEEPING: The grounds here are very well kept. Of course, much of what gives a winery its beauty is the vineyard itself and the season dictates 100% of this aspect. However, if you come in-season, the view from any balcony is magnificent. The Inn is high enough to see over the surrounding hills so you aren't blocked in. This is one aspect that other local area Inns can not compete with. They are located on flat ground and the view is at eye level. Churon is literally on a hillside so you really get that picturesque experience. There is a garden area out front with some seating and a setting where they do weddings that is beautiful.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Outstanding. I could simply leave it at that, but honestly the ladies there really know how to make you feel welcome. They are very accommodating and the whole experince is stree-free. They have FANTASTIC deals for the Inn if you become a member (look into this if you are a local/regular). But if I didnt mention that you probably wouldnt know it because they dont push it on you incesssantly like they do at other places.

WINE QUALITY: The wines here are about on par with what you might see at surrounding Temecula wineries. I enjoy them more than my wife but obviously wine tasting is a personal experience. The important part (at least for the experience) is that the tasting facility is very nice. The staff are very knowledgeable and friendly, and they do a "wine social" every weekend night (maybe every night, not sure) at 5pm. So if you want to take advantage of some tastings within your lodging you can do that.

BREAKFAST: Yes, breakfast is included with your stay and YES I would highly recommend it. Service runs from 8-1030am so you dont have to worry about beating the sunrise in order to get some eggs. We always get the eggs benedict and I would highly recommend it. The service is very good and they have outdoor seating again with a great view.

POSSIBLE DOWNSIDE: I don't even want to call it "negative" because I dont personally think it is but in the spirit of fairness I want to mention it as it may weigh on your decision making process.
They DO NOT have room service of any kind. There are numerous delivery options that the desk will assist with upon check-in. However, we always ensure we make a stop to pick-up bottles of water. Two bottles come in the room, but if you "taste" like we do, you're going to need more than that haha.

Overall, I have no problem giving Inn at Churon 5 stars. It is a fantastic Inn experience and would highly recommend it for a couple looking for a romantic getaway in wine country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a wedding at Churon and the experience was very good. The wine was good, the staff was nice and the grounds were good during the day and even better at night. I also had the opportunity to see the Chardonnay suite and now I would like to stay there. I also liked all three of the wines that I tasted and will need to return in order to sample the rest.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped by while we were driving through California for one night and it was amazing. The rooms are nice, the service was good, the winery views were beautiful, breakfast was well done, and there's a free wine sampling hour! And all that for a reasonable price! It was a great place to stay after a day of wine touring in Temecula.

I would definitely stop back there again if I was in the Temecula area.

Room Tip: We booked for an off day and about two weeks before arriving and got a discounted rate compared to t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Inn at Churon is a favorite of us. Centrally located in the Temecula wine area, this gem is a great place to stay, avoiding the drive from Old Town Temecula. Situated on a hill with a great view, this B and B offers comfortable rooms that overlook the vineyards. We joined the wine club some years ago, because they offer a great room discount to members. The price includes free Wi-Fi and a sit-down menu breakfast, with choices like Eggs Benedict and French Toast. The house-made Hollandaise is the best I've ever had. The staff here is very friendly and professional, greeting us like family every time. Included with the room is a great customer Happy Hour, too. Temecula is an adult playground that is striving to become a decent wine area, with 35+ wineries now. Many of them produce great wines, especially the reds. Churon is an active winery that has shown a marked increase in quality under the new wine maker.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter and offer a better view of the valley.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Horrible Horrible service! My fiance and I called in January to book a reservation for our honeymoon in May. We are now 2 weeks away from our wedding. We called to confirm our reservation yesterday and were told that we were not in the system. I was told by the representative that they were booked and there was nothing that they could do. The rep kept on asking if we were sure that we had booked through them, and of course we were sure. This voucher IS for their inn after all. Unfortunately we had lost our confirmation information, but we still had a call log from the day that we called them. All the rep could do was apologize and then she told me that there was an ex-employee who used to work for them, and that she thinks the person had sabotaged us. I don't even understand why she would tell me that. Just goes to show how unprofessional they are and that there are some serious internal issues occurring. I'd advise you all to stay away. I was put through some serious emotional stress. I couldn't stop crying since I heard the news. My fiance and I even got into a huge arguement because of the whole ordeal. My fiance is in the military and we've scrapped all we could for our wedding. I guess it's our fault for trying to book a deal on a discount off of here; you get what you pay for. My advice to you would be to STAY AWAY from this place. Save yourself the dissappointment. I'm vowing to yelp this message everyday for a full year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear CK K
As the owner of the Inn at Churon Winery, I immensely apologize for the problem with your reservation and certainly would like to know what we can do to rectify the situation. Our reservation system is both automated and doubly checked by our front desk personnel, so I am not sure what occurred in your situation, but certainly would appreciate working with you, and again please accept my heartfelt apologizes for your disapointment.
San Bernardino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We used a Travelzoo voucher for a 2 night stay. Everyone was friendly and efficient. Our ground floor room was huge, with an outside patio and a view across the valley. Breakfast was delicious, with plenty of choice. They were generous at the wine tasting, which isn't true everywhere. We thought it was all an exceptional value and very relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: King with a fireplace facing the north. It all seemed quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Churon Winery? Share your experiences!