“Save Yourself the Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Inn at Churon Winery
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33233 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego, California
“Save Yourself the Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Horrible Horrible service! My fiance and I called in January to book a reservation for our honeymoon in May. We are now 2 weeks away from our wedding. We called to confirm our reservation yesterday and were told that we were not in the system. I was told by the representative that they were booked and there was nothing that they could do. The rep kept on asking if we were sure that we had booked through them, and of course we were sure. This voucher IS for their inn after all. Unfortunately we had lost our confirmation information, but we still had a call log from the day that we called them. All the rep could do was apologize and then she told me that there was an ex-employee who used to work for them, and that she thinks the person had sabotaged us. I don't even understand why she would tell me that. Just goes to show how unprofessional they are and that there are some serious internal issues occurring. I'd advise you all to stay away. I was put through some serious emotional stress. I couldn't stop crying since I heard the news. My fiance and I even got into a huge arguement because of the whole ordeal. My fiance is in the military and we've scrapped all we could for our wedding. I guess it's our fault for trying to book a deal on a discount off of here; you get what you pay for. My advice to you would be to STAY AWAY from this place. Save yourself the dissappointment. I'm vowing to yelp this message everyday for a full year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear CK K
As the owner of the Inn at Churon Winery, I immensely apologize for the problem with your reservation and certainly would like to know what we can do to rectify the situation. Our reservation system is both automated and doubly checked by our front desk personnel, so I am not sure what occurred in your situation, but certainly would appreciate working with you, and again please accept my heartfelt apologizes for your disapointment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Bernardino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We used a Travelzoo voucher for a 2 night stay. Everyone was friendly and efficient. Our ground floor room was huge, with an outside patio and a view across the valley. Breakfast was delicious, with plenty of choice. They were generous at the wine tasting, which isn't true everywhere. We thought it was all an exceptional value and very relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: King with a fireplace facing the north. It all seemed quiet.
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We just returned from a two night getaway at the Inn at Churon Winery. The staff is excellent and our room (208) was big with a great view from the large balcony. The bathroom was huge with two sinks, a shower and a 2 person Jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was prepared to order and they have a wine tasting from5-6 pm. It felt like we were in Tuscany instead of Temecula.

Room Tip: The view from the second floor is better.
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Churon Winery. The rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable and the private balcony on the 2nd floor a plus. The breakfasts were made to order with a choice to satisfy all cravings.

Room Tip: Highly suggest rooms upstairs in the middle with the view of the vineyards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Being 6'5", the bath tub was definitely a draw. The beds were super comfy, and the view was beautiful. We had a wonderful relaxing stay here for two nights, and very much enjoyed the wine not just at Churon, but also other local wineries. Also, old town Temecula turned out to be much better than expected. If you like staying at smaller privately run hotels as opposed to big conglomerate chains, this is the place, because the quality is there, and the service. Although breakfast menu was a bit limited, it was very good.

Room Tip: All rooms except two that face the parking lot have the same beautiful north facing view.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Travelzoo deals. Fantastic room. Great bed. Huge beautiful bathroom. Breakfast with mimosa! Amazingly beautiful view. Wonderful Staff, Serene and a lovely way to enjoy the spring break. Having never spent much time in Temecula and wine tasting.........we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I took advantage of the Travelzoo offer for this great B&B/winery deal. We stayed Sunday through Tuesday and enjoyed ourselves very much. The room was clean and well stocked. Large comfortable king size bed, large flat screen, great view from the upstairs balcony and a huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Was it immaculate? This was a bed and breakfast not a 5 star hotel. This was a comfortable, clean and courteous staff. Wine bottle in our room when we checked in (looking forward to opening soon). My only disappointment was that we were so busy wine tasting at other wineries, we didn't get the opportunity to taste Churon wines. Next time....

Room Tip: Upstairs balconies afford great views. Downstairs you can take advantage of the garden out front.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Churon Winery? Share your experiences!