“stop by..don't stay!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
London, United Kingdom
“stop by..don't stay!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The staff is friendly, but I don't like it when I hear people knocking other places,it's unprofessional! The Inn itself needs a very large face lift, but It could be an outstanding property if there was better upkeep.The wine was so-so, I was not impressed.
I think if they had a restrant likeFaulkner or Ponte it would help. There food service is extremely limited. The manager was informative, and that was a dissapointment..

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you check in,especially if you are a non-smoker!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Michael F

Alta Loma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My fiance and I made appointments with 5 different locations in the Temecula and Fallbrook area to find a wedding venue. Our first appointment was with the Inn at Churon at 9:30 am on a Wednesday. We live over an hour away and my fiance took the day off of work in order to spend the day looking for a venue. I spoke to Doreen, who works with weddings at the location, a week prior and she confirmed my appointment date/time. When we arrived to the location, we were met at the front desk by a guy who seemed surprised we were there to tour the facility for a wedding. I informed him we were supposed to speak to Doreen. Meanwhile, as he was baffled as to what he was supposed to do, I asked him if he had any handouts with wedding information. He fumbled around the desk, disappeared to the back for several minutes and returned to tell me he had no idea where anything was for weddings.

The guy at the front then picked up the phone and made a call. He quickly handed the phone to me with no warning. A little confused, I took the phone and said hello. It was Doreen. She told me she was not at work today and completely forgot to write me in her calendar. She had the nerve to say she remembered I was supposed to go in. To make this long story shorter, she basically told me there was no one else at the location to assist me and there were no wedding pamphlets at the desk because they were re-doing them. At no time did she offer any other accommodations or ask if I wanted to re-schedule. She simply said, sorry. I told her we drove over an hour and my fiance took the day off and she did not seem concerned in the least bit.

The next morning, I got a phone call from a different girl, Julie, who said sorry about yesterday, would you like to re-schedule? When I explained to her what happened, she showed little interest and ended our conversation quickly. This is supposed to be a place recommended by The Knot and received an award. I was very disappointed and would not go back even if they did offer a huge discount.

Lastly, the guy at the front was on the phone and was talking about rats eating the wires at the location. Things to keep in mind if you are going to book your event at the Inn at Churon.

3 Thank bdaniels345

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I loved this place!
We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, so not quite sure what to expect, but it was wonderful. The staff was awesome, wine was fabulous, and breakfast was delicious. It's so beautiful, up on a hill overlooking several other winerys. We had a little patio where we relaxed and enjoyed one of the bottles of wine we bought. We also had a hot tub in our room, which was the perfect end to the evening. We did not eat the dinner there, although we heard good things.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Spent 2 nights at Churon Inn. Pleasant enough stay. Friendly staff. Property is in need of some updating. Room was large enough. Great balcony. Very dated decor. Overall.....just showing it's age. Breakfast included in room rate was decent, but nothing remarkable.

La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

As locals (San Diego), my wife and I have had the chance to get to know Temecula relatively well over recent years. This weekend was our first stay at the Inn at Churon and will not be our last. The staff were friendly and the whole place had a non-chain, family-run B&B feel despite its size (maybe 20 rooms?). We stayed in the beautiful Chardonnay Suite on the second floor and it was spacious and had a hottub so large you could park a Mini Cooper in it. The clientele was casually dressed, middle aged, and well-to-do (to judge from the cars parked in the back). The high point was indisputably the restaurant, which features a reasonably priced prix fixe 5-course meal with Churon wine pairings... The place was full so reserve a table. We loved it!

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Friendly staff, large rooms, excellent breakfast, close to all Temecula wineries, and great views from the balcony. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Friendly staff, large rooms, great location, excellent breakfast included, and close to all wineries...
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Don't go, even if you are feeling masochistic.

We booked a room well in advance of our wedding, intending to drive briefly and spend the night there, arriving just befor 7 pm on a Saturday.
What a mistake. First, there was no marking of the entrance, but we did find a door. On it was a sign that said Closed. Not a good start. Since people were milling around, we went in the door. There was a desk, but again no sign and no one at the desk. We called the number of the hotel. The phone rang at the desk in front of us. No one answered it. We left a message. We waited. We called again. This time, someone stumbled through the door. We mentioned our reservation and were told there was a wedding going on. That's when we should have left.
We ultimately got to a room. It was pricey, looked nice, but done cheaply. In August, the air conditioning should have been operational. But it wasn't. The wine that came with the room did not come with a bottle opener. We went downstairs and the night clerk found one. Originally, we had intended to have dinner there; however, we didn't make a reservation (assuming as guests of the Inn that we were entitled to dine there). The night clerk informed us that because of the wedding, they weren't serving dinner, but that we could order takeout from somewhere in town. Because we arrived after their "complimentary wine and cheese," there was nothing in the entire inn that we could eat. I asked if there was at least some bread or crackers. He said no.
Having just gone through a long day with OUR wedding, we were hungry and tired. Driving back into town was out of the question. We tried the vending machines. They were broken. We had a few cookies left from our reception that afternoon. That was our wedding dinner. And a bottle of forgettable wine--when we finally got an opener.
The other wedding was now in full swing: loud band, raucus crowd, people tearing up and down the hallways. They could have told us about this wedding when they booked it so that we had the option of staying elsewhere. But they didn't.
We endured the noise, no food, poor TV reception, and no air conditioning. That was our wedding night. Originally, our reservation was for 2 nights. We decided to check out that morning.
That's when the "fun" really began. The hotel manager (Enid) is nothing short of surly. When we told her of our ordeal, she shrugged it off. Didn't offer to reduce (or comp) the room, didn't particularly care that their establishment may have had a wedding going on, but they also had other guests. We talked to some of the other guests at breakfast. They all planned to leave.
Originally, when we made the reservation, we used my husband's debit card to hold the room; however, when we checked in, we used my card, which was charged for the two nights, up front. Enid (with reluctance), removed the 2nd night charge from my card, and then recharged the first night on my husband's card, without our knowledge. Any normal person would have recharged the first night on the card that was used to pay for it.
We traveled on. Fortunately, my husband checked his card online and discovered the debit to his checking account. Since he had other substantial expenses, it was going to put his checking account into a deficit mode. We called Enid. She was again surly about having to take the charge off his card and put it back on my card. When we checked my card, it still showed the original charge for 2 nights AND the new charge for 1 night. It went on like this for two more days of our honeymoon before we got it straightened out.
Bottom line: go there at your own risk. Don't expect anyone to help you with anything, bring your own food and bottle opener. Oh, and you might just ask before you go there if they happened to book a wedding during your stay. In that case, RUN.

Room Tip: Ask first if there is going to be a party. Also find out if the restaurant will be open.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple