“Great date night experience! The service was stellar, the restraunt/food were fantastic, and the wine was excellent!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Coast Winery Resort & Spa

You added South Coast Winery Resort & Spa to your Saves list
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34843 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA 92591   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A lovely place to stay, clean nice hotel room, very comfortable bed and bedding, the bathroom was oddly designed and the shower left a bit to be desired, but other than that the accommodations were great. The staff was really fantastic, from check in to, to the bar and restaurant staff, everyone was friendly and helpful, and knew their business. Our waiter Sean was phenomenal, and the food was great! The pool and spa were clean and nice, we met some fun/nice people and we would go back in a minute!

Room Tip: allow sufficient drive time from the OC if you go, the weekend traffic was brutal!
Green Features: the key card to activate the lights is pretty clever, so lights don't get left on!
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you want to chilax and get unwind a little bit away from home,(wine country) is really fun and you can have a peaceful mind # matching w/spa!..Love this place.Tasting room was really great, the friendliness of the staff members was excellent.This place is a must totally recommended to others. I will never get tired to come this place.Thanks to my husband for letting me have this experienced. We really had a great time there...'til my next vacay!....Enjoy!!! :-) :-) :-)

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My first occasion there was actually my 40th party was celebrated there I am 47 now! But we had a private room and it was really lovely, I did not stay, but my cousin stayed in the villas Which wee really beautiful we wen there after the party and some wine. anyhow, I recommend you stay at the villas, which are very beautiful and appointed with things that make you feel like you are staying at a first class place. The food was good (we picked out our menu) and all the wait staff were accommodating. The next time I went there was a couple years later. The food was not as good and it seemed I was semi disappointed. It was just okay. Another ime I went there and sat out on the lovely patio, and it was a good lunch I had a caprese salad (my cousin's favorite. It was pretty good and I had pizza. Very average. Well, we were looking out at the patio and someone just got married and they were taking pictures. BEAUTIFUL PLACE FOR PICTURES. - anyhow, it was very nice. Have eaten lunch there several times, but I would say average food except my 40th (prime rib and steak, very good). My next time I intend to stay overnight, go to the spa and relax! Hopefully. My mom is 78 and I really wat to take her, hopefully get the chance...

Stayed September 2014
San Carlos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We liked the room, the wine tour -- best we have ever been on and the location of the winery, the hotel staff is very good.

However, there were some minor problems -- The room was lovely but very dark, the need more lighting. There are energy saving bulbs that are 3 ways. They need a desk in the room, towel holder for the face/hand towel by the sinks, they need a grab bar in the jacuzzi/shower (fortunately I have long legs for a short person it would be very hard, plus if you have problems with your legs it is very hard to get into & out of the tub).

Both my husband & I were not in the mood for prime rib -- I ordered the New York Steak (which is was not -- it was the fattest one I have every eaten; my husband had a pasta dish -- he said it was terrific except for the lack of much duck meat.) They allow us $75 dollar value to apply to our bill from our travelzoo.com offer.

We spoke to the front desk about our meal and they connected us to the restaurant. They promised us that they would do something special for us -- they never did.... Nor did they get back to us after our first hone call.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

From the check in process through our entire stay, the staff made us feel at home. Stayed in a charming villa right off the vineyards. We were encouraged to walk through the vineyard and sample the grapes as they were ready for harvest. Tasted fabulous wines, toured the winemaking facilities and learned wine making processes as well as wine tasting techniques. Enjoyed a prime rib dinner that was perfectly prepared. I would recommend this location for anyone wanting a romantic getaway.

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
SCWRS, Guest Relations Manager at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi Neogutierres,
Thank you for providing a five-star review of your recent romantic getaway at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. Our top priority is to make each and every guest feel comfortable, and we’re so pleased to hear your charming villa and our friendly staff made you feel right at home during your stay. Our Behind the Scenes wine tour is a must-do for a fun, informative tasting and tour, and especially enjoyable during harvest season. We truly appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Temecula Valley wine country. Cheers!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room and breakfast were great. The only amenity we took advantage of was the winery tour, which taught us a lot about some the five wines sampled as well as matching them with foods , included with tour; mostly fruit and cheese.

Room Tip: I do t think there are particularly bad rooms. Not an old property.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
SCWRS, Guest Relations Manager at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi skateref,
Thank you for your five-star review of your recent stay at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your room and breakfast, and took advantage of the Behind-the-Scenes wine tour during your stay! It truly is a great way to tour the property, all while tasting a few of our award winning wines and learning about the winemaking process. On your next visit, we would love to introduce you to the GrapeSeed Spa and Vineyard Rose Restaurant to further enhance your experience! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Cheers!
San Giuliano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose this hotel to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. We had a couple of villas and had other friends and family join us for an all day wine tasting adventure. What a great choice! From the reservation process with Brent to our check in to the pool and then the food! I cannot wait to go back, this hotel deserves it's high ranking. I happen to be in the hotel business and I am often quite picky and critical. Even I could not find anything to be picky about. I was truly impressed and it was a perfect backdrop to a great celebration. Thanks for everything, you will see us very soon!

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Hi mrossi,
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your daughter’s 21st birthday at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, and for providing a five-star review of your experience! We are delighted to hear that South Coast was the perfect backdrop to your family’s wine tasting adventure. What better way to celebrate a birthday than with friends, family, a relaxing pool, delicious food and of course, award-winning wine? We are excited to learn we will be seeing you again soon and look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers!