I purchased a Living Social deal for one night at South Coast Resort which my boyfriend and I used for a Saturday night stay. The accommodations were beautiful, we had a very spacious king suite in the tower overlooking the villas and a small vineyard. The staff at the check in desk were very friendly and helpful.
As part of our stay we had a wine tour. Although the tour guide was great the one hour allotted for the tour made it feel rushed. Once we completed the tour we went to the tasting room with a complimentary 3 tastings card. We also purchased an additional 5 tastings card just in case; we never used it. Once we found a spot at the counter 2 glasses were put in front of us, we were asked red or white and something was poured into our glasses. We never had the opportunity to really pick which wine we wanted to taste; as soon as we finished a taste a new wine was poured in. In some ways this was cool and in other not so cool, as most of the time I had no idea what I was drinking. We quickly lost count of how many tasting we had and we had to carefully walked back to our room for a late afternoon nap.
Also as part of the package was a mimosa breakfast at the restaurant. It is a very simple menu with only a few options. The food and service was good.
Overall it was a nice way to spend the weekend. Very relaxing accommodations and a very generous tasting room. We would definitely go back when another deal is available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Coast Winery is not only known as the best winery in the State of California, it’s also known as Southern California Wine Country’s finest resort, offering up casual elegance in a natural setting accented by estate vineyards. Private, rustic villas and the stately all-suite hotel tower provide ultimate luxury and comfort for overnight stays, complete with fireplaces and oversized marble and granite baths, each with deep soaking tub for two. Exceptional wines, extensive spa, behind-the-scenes wine tours, plus fine dining at the award winning Vineyard Rose Restaurant complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your South Coast Winery Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Coast Winery Hotel Temecula
- South Coast Winery Resort And Spa