“Beautiful Room” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Desert, California
“Beautiful Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed just one night at South Coast, as we were attending a party in the area and did not want to drive home afterward. South Coast is located in the Temecula wine country. We had a beautiful suite, very large, with a lovely bathroom which included a shower and a jetted tub. The staff were polite and helpful. Linens were top quality, as was everything else in the suite.The patio had comfortable chairs and a table, and looked out on the vineyard. I was sorry we had to go home the next day. We will stay there again, stay longer, and enjoy the spa facilities and services.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are large. Get a room overlooking the vineyards.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SCWRS, Guest Relations Manager at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hi 77Janes-d,
Thank you for your review of South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. We appreciate you choosing our Resort for your brief Wine Country visit, and glad to hear you enjoyed the room amenities while you were here. The private patio overlooking the vineyards is the perfect way to end an evening on a warm Summer night. We look forward to your next visit, and introducing you to the beautiful GrapeSeed Spa, Vintner’s Vault Tasting Room, and Vineyard Rose Restaurant! Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

South Coast Winery Resort and Spa was the perfect location for a getaway with my boyfriend - who became my fiance! On a whim (and because Comic Con attendees 'stole' every hotel in Southern California!) we decided to spent almost a week at SC. And we are so happy we did! We loved everything about it. The location, the suite was amazing (I'm a big fan of separate bath/shower and two sinks!), the staff were incredible, the spa was fantastic and of course it's a winery, so what's not to love about that. And it was remarkably well priced too! We are already planning our next stay at SC! There is literally not one thing I would recommend they do differently, it really was perfect! Thanks SC for making our engagement one we'll remember for a lifetime!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 2nd or 3rd floor so you get a nice balcony.
Hi Alidee7,
Thank you for your 5-star review of South Coast Winery Resort & Spa and congratulations on your engagement! We are so happy that our Resort could play a part in such a wonderful, monumental moment in your life. It’s a pleasure to see you’ve uncorked the art of a fine Wine Country romance. We’ll look forward to welcoming you and your fiancé back soon. Until then, cheers to you!
Fallbrook, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed here with my Girlfriend for four nights during the week in peak season. Had a vineyard bungalow which makes for a very private stay (no common walls). We had no complaints. Experienced three massages each and nail care at the Spa. The Spa is not inexpensive, but the services, amenities and professionalism was worth the splurge for us. All were good. Pool area was great and not over crowded Monday through Thursday (did not stay Friday through Sunday). Read a book, visited three restaurants and three wineries. Recommend the early morning balloon flight with California Dreaming which occurs nearby.

Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Rooms are beautiful and spacious. Restaurant is awesome. The property is so amazing. A must stop every time we travel to CA. Enjoyed the villa's first time we stayed and thence rented the suite. Both are amazing ion they unique ways.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We live in San Diego, just a one hour drive to Temecula and yet we'd never gone to this wonderful place. We'd been invited countless times and just never made it for one reason or another.

I surprised my wife with a 4-day/3-night stay at South Coast Winery to celebrate our 24th anniversary. We stayed in Villa #30 where we could watch the sunrise over the rolling hills of vineyards that surrounded us all the way up to our front door (where I also helped myself to a few grapes off the vine!). Our villa was beautiful with a small patio to sip wine or enjoy a morning cup of coffee.

On our anniversary date we took the 5pm horse and carriage tour, it was spectacular and our guide was full of information. He allowed us our privacy and didn't say a word until about 45 minutes into the tour when I asked a few questions. At the end of the tour he dropped us off at the South Coast Winery gazebo with a delicious chicken sandwich, chips, and a cookie. I think the tour took about an hour and a half, although I didn't look at my watch.

The wine, oh the wine, it was wonderful, so much that we brought a few too many bottles home. If you go during the week you'll see a man named Gregg, he will make your tasting a memorable one I guarantee it. Over the course of our four days we visited 4 wineries and took two other tours, they were absolutely fabulous too, but none match the overall accommodations of South Coast, they seem to set the standard for the area.

On our final night we were to eat at the Ponte restaurant, right next door. It had a lot of good ratings on Yelp and we figured we'd try it, however, to our surprise they were closed on weeknights. So, we decided to try the South Coast Winery restaurant called the Vineyard Rose. You're probably wondering why we didn't try it earlier, well to be honest it was simply because there wasn't much mention on Yelp, and I like to check reviews before I spend $150-$200 on a dinner. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and service of the Vineyard Rose. Our food was delicious and the wine pairing was perfect.

To talk about the Spa, the pool area, on and on would take forever so I'll sum it up with this. We'll be regulars at South Coast Winery, and are considering holding our 25th anniversary celebration there next year!

Room Tip: The Villa's on the perimeter of the grounds will give you a wonderful view of the vineyards.
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Took my mom and aunt for a girls get away. We stayed for 2 days and didn't have to leave the resort. It was amazing. The staff was friendly. Food was delicious. The wine we always love. Took home 2 cases

• Stayed July 2014
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I recently traveled from Ohio for a friend's wedding to here at SouthCoast Winery. After a disappointing check in I was finally greeted by a front desk person Julia who graciously turned my frown into a smile. The manager should be aware of the younger employees at that desk and in reservations who are short with the customer and snobbish. I booked in with the wedding party and I was placed out in a villa alone, told no rooms available in the hotel until Julia found me a room in the hotel. My address and phone number was wrong on the check in information and the young lady was worse than a robot when I checked in:(
The restaurant staff was wonderful as well as the food. Julio and his staff are to be commended for
Excellent service during the wedding Brunch!!!
Hotel room was excellent! Loved seeing the vineyards outside the patio door!!!!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!