“Another great stay at South Coast” 5 of 5 stars

Dine & Stay Package
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, CA
“Another great stay at South Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at South Coast since they opened and have enjoyed the villas very much. This time we stayed in the new suites in the hotel and we loved it. The suite was very large with a lovely, private patio looking out to the vineyards. A nice bottle of wine with wine glasses was already in the suite upon arrival which is a nice touch. I thought that I might feel a slight disconnect from the pool; restaurant and wine tasting room by staying in the hotel but the opposite is true. You are right in the midst of everything that South Coast offers. My husband booked the spa special that was offered in the amenity book that we received upon check in and he said it was certainly worth the $99. We enjoyed a nice breakfast outside on their terrace in the morning. Free parking is available. I really enjoyed the suites and will book again in the hotel section on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our first visit to South Coast and I was very pleased with the resort. Our vineyard facing villa was gorgeous, and the spa was very relaxing. The tasting room is a little more crowded than some of the other nearby vineyards, but the staff (looking at you Jennifer) was absolutely amazing! The one criticism I have is I found the food to be underwhelming, and the night we ordered room service we got dinner ice cold. I would come back here for a weekend getaway in a heartbeat, but I would probably eat dinner next door.

Room Tip: Get the interior vineyard facing villa if you can, the valley views were not as nice as you would th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We really enjoy our suite at South Coast Winery. The suite was large and very comfortable with a nice balcony and great views of the mountains and vineyards. We enjoyed the pool and spa. They give you a small sample wine tastes when you stay. We had dinner at their winery and it was good, although the atmosphere feels like your in a huge lodge in the mountains. Not the best atmosphere but that is individual, food is good but rather expensive. The elevator had problems which puzzled staff and made it difficult to get to your room since they lock the doors to the stairs for security. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Nice new and spacious suites right next to the vineyards, a great pool and spa area, and top notch cuisine at their restaurant -- well worth a weekend trip to Temecula. You can also visit the any nearby wineries in the area.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is my second visit to this establishment. The first time we ran into a few hurdles and were asked to return. The second visit will probably be my last. First they booked me into the wrong suite, I asked for same room which I had previous which was the connecting room suite with vineyard mountain views and was given two connecting rooms that reeked of mold and body odor with views of some bushes and the check-in building. Fortunately this was quickly resolved when I demanded to speak to a supervisor. Next was having to ask on 3 separate occasions for the sofa bed to be made, and even then the operator was unapologetic and asked "was there anything else I needed?" and thereafter hung up on me when I said no. Only one telephone in the entire suite was operable, and that was barely working as well. To top it off, there were no parking spaces to park in front of the suite, which were occupied by our ungodly neighbors howling at all hours in the evening. Apparently on the weekends parking is free for all! I don't understand why they even bother with parking passes. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant are definitely in much need of hospitality training, especially for the rates charged by this establishment.

Room Tip: Make sure to demand to speak to a supervisor if you want to get any where with the front desk.
Green Features: There is no environmentally friendly practices at this place, especially with the noise level given the tranquility of the villa option.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The rooms are amazing! The bathroom was like a spa. The cost is high, so you will pay for the comfort. The pool is great. We stayed for my Cousins bridal shower weekend. It was the perfect spot. They do a nice "girls weekend" package. I would give it 5 stars if not for the overly high price for the room.

Room Tip: Any room is a good one
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my second visit in past year. Both stays were in the villas. I love the concept of the villas, however, the carpets in both villas were more than disgusting. (I was assured they were clean, just stained, and plans for the carpets to be replaced is in the making. The sofa bed, too needs replacing due to broken springs. Felt like sleeping on ROCKS. Forget the TV, lots of problems with the cable provider making it impossible to view. The pool area needs lots of attention. Have a group planned for September but would like assurance the villas have been redone.

Room Tip: Rooms in the hotel section are newer and may be more appealing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SCWRS, Guest Relations Manager at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Sandy D:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your second stay at our winery resort. We welcome any and all feedback regarding our valued guests’ experiences, as it allows us to hone in on areas where we are not meeting our guest expectations. Please know your comments have been carefully reviewed and an investigation is underway to identify and provide an appropriate remedy. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in September.

Been to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!