We stayed at the South Coast Winery four nights July 30 through August 3, 2013. This was our 2nd visit in three years; first time in 2011 stayed in a villa. This visit asked for room in the new hotel. Would not do that again! Walls are thin, noises from neighbors above and next door (we we on the 2 of 3 floors) balcony small and view not the most appealing (we faced the entrance of the hotel) housekeeping slow to clean room even when we asked for service. Only advantage? Ice machine close to room instead of at the pool. Had to replace door keys twice. We LOVE this resort and will return...to a Villa. Pool hours changed from midnight back to ten p.m. Problems with a lack of towels and loud guests in hot tub...no supervision. Seems like some of the personal attention to detail and quality "spa resort" experience have been replaced in favor of quantity. And $45. daily charge to use the spa facilities is outrageous. An average dinner on site was $150...prime rib, scallops, bottle of wine & gratuity for two a bit much. Great dining choices in Temecula. This place used to be a gem...we hope the ambiance returns by the time we do the same. When you are paying resort prices, you expect to be treated like you are special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Coast Winery is not only known as the best winery in the State of California, it’s also known as Southern California Wine Country’s finest resort, offering up casual elegance in a natural setting accented by estate vineyards. Private, rustic villas and the stately all-suite hotel tower provide ultimate luxury and comfort for overnight stays, complete with fireplaces and oversized marble and granite baths, each with deep soaking tub for two. Exceptional wines, extensive spa, behind-the-scenes wine tours, plus fine dining at the award winning Vineyard Rose Restaurant complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your South Coast Winery Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Coast Winery Hotel Temecula
- South Coast Winery Resort And Spa