We stayed here for the first couple of nights of our honeymoon and had a really nice stay. We decided to stay in the hotel itself rather than the villas as we had checked reviews on Tripadvisor before going. We were really happy we did as the room had recently been decorated and was really spacious, clean and tidy. The bathroom was huge and very nicely done. There was also a nice bottle of wine to welcome us. It felt very luxurious.
The gym, pool and hot tub were a nice bonus and were all really quiet when we visited.
We also took advantage of the hot air ballon ride from the hotel, which was amazing. Very expensive but worth it as a one off treat.
The only thing I found was the adjoining restaurant was very expensive. The food was lovely but main courses averaged $30 and wine was pretty expensive too. I found it a bit restrictive as the hotel is a bit of a drive to anywhere else to eat so you are a bit stuck with these prices.
The hotel would be better if it had a few other bars and restaurants close by, but this is fine for a couple of nights. I wouldn't want to stay here much longer though as there is not much to do.
Also, for the price, breakfast should really be included. But this seems to be a common theme in the more expensive hotels in California.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Coast Winery is not only known as the best winery in the State of California, it’s also known as Southern California Wine Country’s finest resort, offering up casual elegance in a natural setting accented by estate vineyards. Private, rustic villas and the stately all-suite hotel tower provide ultimate luxury and comfort for overnight stays, complete with fireplaces and oversized marble and granite baths, each with deep soaking tub for two. Exceptional wines, extensive spa, behind-the-scenes wine tours, plus fine dining at the award winning Vineyard Rose Restaurant complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Venere and Otel so you can book your South Coast Winery Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Coast Winery Hotel Temecula
- South Coast Winery Resort And Spa