“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 330 restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was great! The service was even better! My wife and I will definitely be back! Come hungry because the food portions are way more than enough!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Temecula, California
“OMG! It's awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

You'll swear you're in New York (except the staff is much friendlier. It is the best Pastrami sandwich I've had in years. Could only eat half but that made my wife happy because she got the other half when I got home. The sandwich was served on a varied choice of breads (I ordered rye) and accompanied with a side of cold slaw, Italian pasta salad, etc. Along with the beverages (I had water) they brought a tray of really good pickles, sauerkraut and green tomatoes. They have an incredibly varied menu and a wonderful dessert offering. Staff was very attentive, prompt and courteous. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Menifee, CA
“NYC Comes to Temecula”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently ate at Rockafellas with a friend for lunch. We were greeted and seated promptly. We quickly got a bowl of real kosher dill pickles and pickled cabbage brought to the table while we perused the menu. It is huge... from deli sandwiches to pizza to matzo ball soup and knishes. I ordered the cup of beef barley soup and half sandwich combo (rare roast beef on rye), and my friend ordered half a reuben with sweet and sour cabbage soup. These were $9.99 each, but they were huge. The meat was piled 2" high like you expect from a true deli. The "cups" of soup were truly bowl-sized, and there was a generous cup of good cole slaw on the side. Whole sandwiches would easily serve two. Beer and wine are available. One cannot overlook the fact that they have a large bakery inside as well. Cannolis, strudel, cookies, etc. LOTS to choose from! And perfect to take home if you are too full from the meal itself. They also serve breakfast on weekends. We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sun City, California
“Real NY Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food was fantastic but I only gave them four stars because the service left something to be desired.

First let me tell you about the food. The sandwiches are HUGE. I ordered the # 2 corned beef, pastrami & turkey on rye, the corned beef was tender and tasty and the pastrami was lean as I had ordered it, the turkey was perfect, the rye bread was the freshest I've ever had. I wound up taking 1/2 of it home and I can't wait to dig into it again.

My husband had the # 9, corned beef and coleslaw on an onion roll. It is served open faced which made it a bit messy to eat but he said it was delicious.

We took home a huge brownie to have later for dessert, it was a bit dry and tasted like it had been made with cocoa or maybe dark chocolate, it was good but by far not one of the best I'd ever had.

As for their prices. There are definitely in line with other deli's and for what you get it's well worth the price.

Now, regarding the service. They were quick to bring us a menu and take our order but then it seemed to take forever to get our food. It appeared that they were preparing a large take out order, but we waited probably close to 1/2 an hour for our food to appear which I thought was a bit ridiculous. When we were served a waiter (or bus boy?) brought it over set it down and ran. I needed my drink refilled and my husbands potato salad sat up there on the serving window. I had to get up and go to the counter to get my drink refilled and my husband had to ask her to bring his salad. There seemed to be a lot of standing around behind the counter and most of the waitpersons seemed to be working the other end of the restaurant. Since we were there before the place became at all crowded I couldn't see any reason for the semi bad service.

The moral of this review is......definitely go there, eat there, and really enjoy and love the food...but don't go if you are on a time constraint, have a short fuse, or a short lunch hour.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“This place is the real deal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

So nice to have a real New York style Deli here in Temecula..great food .. Great service .. They offer a huge deli menu and also an extensive Italian menu.. A MUST try !!

• Visited June 2013