“Great place for a comfortable picnic.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 89 Activities in Temecula
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
“Great place for a comfortable picnic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice tasting here on a day out in Temecula. Bring your own lunch, or buy some supplies in the tasting room. The wine was fine, then it was time to dine on their comfy shade covered patio overlooking the vines.

7 attraction reviews
“Not the best in Temecula, but the seating area is relaxing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ok, the wine is not the greatest. It's been around, I was told, for only two years, so this place is still a baby. If it weren't for that, it would get a 2 rating instead of a 3. It definitely has potential, but they need to work on the taste of their wine, first off. I went to Europa Village with a group of twelve. I ordered 6 wine tastings for $15. The wine glasses are interesting there, there is an impression at the bottom of the glass for your middle finger, and an indentation on the side of the glass for your thumb (imagine kind of like the position of holding a bowling ball but with only two fingers). Anyway, I ordered some fried calamari and a Cuban pressed sandwich. Calamari was decent but the Cuban sandwich was fantastic!!!
Brenda was a woman working at the outside bar area and she was personable and wonderful.
Ok, here's why I may not return anytime soon.... in the Temecula wineries, it's pretty customary that with your tastings come with the wine glass you're using... We were leaving the winery and an employee ran out to my group saying that we needed to return the glasses. and he seemed pretty annoyed. I can't be mad at him, he's just following his boss's orders right? But with he wine being so so and the fact that it's pretty common that other wineries give you the glass as a parting gift, I think they need to step it up a bit.

Visited March 2013
edmonton
33 attraction reviews
“very charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The grounds are lovely and you can see how this winery will become a fabulous little sanctuary. The tasting room is nice, cute gift shop and very informative pourers. The wines were good, i'm not a wine snob at all and i quite enjoyed. I didn't have a wine that I had to have but i did buy a couple. They were very enjoyable, it's worth a stop.

Visited February 2013
12 attraction reviews
“Travel zoo offer -European Village vine tour,Temecula,ca”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our group was nice-vine enthusiasists, vine was excellent- we tasted 12 kinds= 6 white and 6 red, ideal place to spend nice Sunday,but in area must be better vineries,- this one didnt let us keep a glass as a souvenir,and promised plate of fruit chees and chocolate was very small amt of not fresh food.It was as sampler- 3 small morsels of chocolate,instead of fruits= 3 halfs of green grape berry,1 thin slice of salami, ,1 cracker, and 2 minicubes of cheese.Cost of tour was only $29.00- from regular prize $108, but they expected tip on regular price.I researched internet, that other vineries in area offer vine tasting only for 5 dollars -and give you gratis vine glass too.I never go there again!

Visited January 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
10 attraction reviews
“Interesting Mix of Wines, nice vineyard tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I've visited several wineries in the area over the last few years and this one was relatively new so I participated in a tour of the vineyard and a wine tasting with my family. We had Travel Zoo vouchers and the review prior to mine already laid out the details in terms of cost etc. so I won't repeat. The vineyard tour was a nice walk in the brisk air and I enjoyed the stops for a brief presentation and sip of wine. The rose was my favorite of the "white" wines but doesn't really compare to a nice French bottle of rosé. After the vineyard tour, we finished the tasting with reds in the wine cavern. As another reviewer mentioned you get a small cheese plate right before the last tasting (a dessert wine). I was a little disappointed that we didn't actually get to taste the wines with a food pairing as the cheese plate had cheeses, nuts, fruit and chocolate bites that seemed set up for this.There was a sweet Maine Coon vineyard cat that greeted us at the start of the vineyard tour and which Patrick our guide told us liked the blue cheese in our samplers so I saved a few pieces for her after our tasting. She was very appreciative of the snack so if you like cats, save some morsels for her.

Visited December 2012

Been to Europa Village? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Europa Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.