“Not the best” 2 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
“Not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

start it off positive. Nice location and close to downtown. Ok. Fairly clean room and bathroom. Bed was comfortable. Now...for our rate$60. I dont expect much and I probably got my monies worth. Si taking that into context...here ya go. Pool and whirlpool needed cleaning...I did it. The fridge microwave and light all ran off the same outlet which tripped the power strip. Manager came and turned the power strip back on..fan worked for a minute then tripped again. Of course he was gone. I rewired the strip to only take the ac fan unit. Fine.
The morning coffee offered was only reg but no decaf. The manager/ front desk associate lacked customer service skill like personality and initiative. More than one occassion I felt I was intruding on his time, not welcome and an inconvenience. He actually knocked on doors at 11 am to make sure people were checking out on time. I have never seen that before. No smile, no common courtesy, no welcoming gestures, no idle chit chat. Like a robot

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Covina, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! We made on line reservations for three rooms.Received confirmation for three rooms. I called about 2 hours before arrival confirmed reservations.Front desk said don't worry about late check in and she confirmed all three rooms. Thank god we left our event to check in before it got to late.We get there and guess what? They only had one room.I blew a gasket. All Bob kept saying was two rooms were canceled. I told him I just called 2hrs ago and confirmed. He just kept telling me they were canceled. I thought Yeah right you sold them for a higher rate. Called booking dot.com. They said they never canceled my reservations and that Roadway Inn has to find us somewere to stay.We ended up at the Comfort Inn in Murrieta and it was very very nice clean and the breakfest was great. I don't care how close this is to downtown Temecula .BELIEVE ME driver the extra 4 miles away to stay at a much nicer place.With much better service.These people were so rude and the place looks run down.

Room Tip: NONE dont stay here
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great location and the hotel staff seemed nice enough but I will never stay here again. Yes, it is one of the cheapest in the area, but I would not recommend staying here. The room was filthy, the towels had stains, the coffee maker had greasy finger prints all over it, the room smelled terrible, the bathroom smelled horrible and several of the lights bulbs were out. I even went to the store and bought a can of disinfectant as I was terrified to touch anything. The parking lot is tiny and people without handicap decals had to park in the handicap spots. I would have moved hotels but everything else in Temecula was booked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had booked a room 2 weeks prior to my arrival date and I was called TWO days before I was to arrive and told that there weren't any rooms available. Now I had to book at an alternate hotel where the prices were even more expensive due to the last minute booking.

Room Tip: I would definitely make sure to have them double confirm when booking your room to verify that they...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Camarillo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Rodeway Inn has a excellent location (right at the southern end of old town) the room was decent but way over priced for what you get. Bathroom sink was cracked. Parking was limited. I would not recomend this place only for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tavernier, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The desk clerk did his best to help yet had plenty of complaints about the owner and how the property is managed. A big room, well furnished, quite clean and in a good location, right in the center of old town Temecula. Bathroom wasn't clean but clerk came right up to take care of it. Fridge wasn't working property but they did their best to take care of that. I ended up getting a discount due to all the 'issues' and thankfully they were responsive to dealing with it all. I'd probably not stay here again. A little pricey but a nice property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Temecula? Share your experiences!