“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Camarillo
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Rodeway Inn has a excellent location (right at the southern end of old town) the room was decent but way over priced for what you get. Bathroom sink was cracked. Parking was limited. I would not recomend this place only for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Thai first
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The desk clerk did his best to help yet had plenty of complaints about the owner and how the property is managed. A big room, well furnished, quite clean and in a good location, right in the center of old town Temecula. Bathroom wasn't clean but clerk came right up to take care of it. Fridge wasn't working property but they did their best to take care of that. I ended up getting a discount due to all the 'issues' and thankfully they were responsive to dealing with it all. I'd probably not stay here again. A little pricey but a nice property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Riverside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

OK, I knew this place didnt get good reviews but I was hoping for a surprise as sometimes happens, and you wonder why a place gets bad review..well no good surprise here. Let me first say that the people who run the place were very pleasant and we had no problems there.

But the place is really run down and dated. Wish they could fix it up but I imagine its operator owned and cant afford it...although the rates are not cheap. At least it was clean. We spent a couple extra bucks for a "suite" but that was laughable.

We stayed here because it is in a great location in Old Town for walking around, having a few drinks and not having to worry about driving.

Room Tip: street side is very noisy so try and avoid that.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Check in Nov 8th, 2013. The staff at this hotel is unfortunately, for our very large business party, incompetent and lies. We booked rooms, two people per room, two beds as we are all co-workers. Upon our arrival not only was there ONE bed per two people but the staff stated it was our fault. They would not accommodate our party forcing most of us at 8pm to find other accommodations which happened to be another Rodeway in Fallbrook (stay away from there!!). Not only were the rooms at this Temecula hotel OLD, the beds were dented, the drawers wouldn't close, the bathroom was dirty, and the carpets disgusting. That wasn't as bad as the strong odor of URINE, Cigarettes and air freshener that seemed to seep from under the doors. I cant believe any of unfortunately had to stay there. Temecula is great being down town even better when you have to start an 12 hour shift at 5 am, I would have preferred to sleep in my car that stay at either of these Rodeway inns.

Room Tip: Incompetent staff and totally disgusting rooms! Do like me and call CALosha, the better business bur...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

But, location is the only thing this dump has going for it. Don't be fooled by the well maintained, tidy "old west" exterior. I think this place has the original carpeting from the "old west" days - unless worn areas, burn marks and duct tape is the latest remodeling craze. It does however have updated furniture and tv's - (updated during the Carter administration that is...). I actually took a shower with my socks on because I did not want to walk on the floors or carpets barefoot. I checked the mattress for bed bugs - none found but the bedspread had burn marks as well as the furniture. I'd be remiss if I neglected to mention the delicious powdered coffee creamer served with the continental breakfast. If this was the only place left in town you'd be better off sleeping in your car!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had planned on staying one night in Temecula on our way to LA to visit family. We had stayed at the Quality Inn on Jefferson, checked out and then decided to stay another day. When we tried to book there, we were told they were booked (come to find out my brother went through Expedia, not Quality Inn direct and they were NOT full) so we decided to try for another one on the card system. We were directed to Rodeway, which we were rather excited about because it was right down in old Main Front Street. We pulled up and went in and the man was SO COLD AND UNFRIENDLY....RUDE. Below is a list of the HORRIBLE CONDITIONS of this motel...RUN DO NOT WALK PAST THIS HOTEL
1. We had requested two rooms together, we were given one on one side of the motel one on the other.
2. The room smelled musty and smoky.
3. The king bed in the one room was on its last legs, tilled so far down it was a joke.
4. The bathroom counter grout was filled with either mold or just plain dirt, i.e. it wiped off with the wash cloth.
5. Coffee maker had black stuff coming out, not coffee because I was trying to flush it.
6. The chair cushions on the chairs with the table were so stained and filthy I had to sit on a towel to work.
7. NO ALARM CLOCK -----REALLY????
8. The double bed was older than DIRT....and smelled like it.
9. The toilet???WHAT A JOKE!!!!! it was so low to the ground your dog could use it as a water bowel, if you wanted him sick. The toilet seat was from an outhouse. I AM NOT KIDDING...it was the old completely round toilet seats that were in the out houses at camps....Ladies, if you stay here do not yell at your hubby for leaving the toilet set up...if you put it down, you can't get it back up. DISGUSTING
10. the bathroom sink would not drain for over 10 minutes. I tried to pull the stopper and it was not even attached. AGAIN...DISGUSTING
11. the paint was horrible
12. The bedding smelled

Room Tip: You can't choose a good room here, there was nothing good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Temecula? Share your experiences!