“Birthday getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temecula
Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging
Ranked #1 of 9 Temecula B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
“Birthday getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our stay at casa Bella was amazing! Unfortunately we only stayed one night but we enjoyed it thoroughly. The house is absolutely beautiful. I really liked how the house was open to us to do as we pleased. We enjoyed some wine out on the gorgeous backyard next to the fireplace to help us wind down from our horseback riding trip. The house was conveniently located next to restaurants and wineries which was a plus. The breakfast the next day was so good. If you stay, have the French toasts! You won't regret it. I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast but John made this stay such a positive one. He made you feel just like if you're at home. It's the perfect weekend getaway!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John B, Owner at Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Making you feel like you were home was a compliment we strive to accomplish. As a PRIVATE HOME STAY with only 2 rooms, we are able to give personal service that hotels, Inns and B&B's can not. It's like comparing a public school teacher with 30 students to a tutor teaching one on one. We are often confused with a Bed and Breakfast but we are 4 bedroom, single family home with 2 bedrooms rented out for the month, week or days if available. Either way, if we make each and every guest feel like they are home, then we hit a home run. Thank you for staying with us.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at Casa Bella Sera with our hosts John & Valerie. Beautiful home, and wonderful breakfasts to go with warm and gracious hosts. You cannot go wrong deciding to stay here!!!!! Literally 5 minutes from a number of the wineries!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
The wineries continue to draw a following as new wineries and vineyards are built every day in Temecula's Wine Country. We are less than a mile from the entrance to Wine Country and some of our guests bring their bicycles to ride from one winery to the next. We are glad you had a wonderful time at our PRIVATE HOME STAY. We don't want to be confused with a Bed and Breakfast as we are not. As the name suggests, a Home Stay is staying in someone's home. Casa Bella Sera is our home and as a guest, it is like staying in your home. Hope you find time to return soon.
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had had a short stay at Casa Bella Sera with John and Valerie and it was great. A new home with beautiful decorations, comfortable beds, wonderful breakfast with sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, juice, and coffee, and convenient to the wineries. We will be back for our next wine tasting trip and would highly recommend this venue.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
John B, Owner at Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
While your stay at Casa Bella Sera was short, we got to know you to be kind, considerate and feel at home in your surroundings. Some guests have not stayed in a Bed and Breakfast, a Country Inn or for that matter, a Private Home Stay. We would like to share what others tell us and it is comforting to hear. More and more we get reviews stating something like, "Staying at Casa Bella Sera is like staying at your favorite relatives home, to have the privacy when you want it yet have good conversation with your hosts and not shut in your room but have the common areas of the whole property to enjoy as you wish." Our reviews are very important in our business and we want to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our home for your stay as being a good one.
Rosarito, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We are quite particular about where we are going to stay for our getaways... You see we also own a highly rated B&B and we chose Casa Bella Sera for the proximity to Baja (where we live)and for their Trip Advisor reviews... We were not at all sorry!

John and Valerie have a lovely home, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. We enjoyed wine and snacks outside as we watched the sunset. We were joined by Coco (the miniature Yorkie that we fell in love with) who was only too happy to share our crackers.

When John found out that we are from NY and England respectively, we found the NY and the UK flags waving in the breeze outside the house when we returned from dinner. A very nice, thoughtful touch.

Good breakfast, lovely table settings and napkin folding (I would notice this being in the same hospitality business) Casa Bella Sera is comfortable and classy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the lovely King room. I just wished that the private bathroom (that is next door) was e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
My wife and I are glad you got the Break you deserved after owning & operating your beautiful B&B on Rosarita Beach, Baja California, Mexico. Since your visit last October we have experienced a 100% occupancy on the weekends and 80% occupancy weekdays. Like you, our Guests are seasoned travelers who know and expect comfortable, quite, clean accommodations along with a good nutritious breakfast. We have considered setting a fixed selection of breakfast items for each day as you suggested but since there are Gluten Free and Vegetarian requests on the increase, we will continue the menu selections and cook to order as each guest requests. May you have continued success at your B&B by the sea and a Happy New Year to you both.
Shropshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I Richard stayed with John and Valerie whilst travelling through Temecula as we were going to ponte winery grape stomp! So much fun!

Anyway, we booked Casa Bella Sera at the last minute and are so glad we booked it. John and Valerie confirmed the booking and said that they would have the Uk flag flying for our arrival which was a lovely touch.

And of course the flag was flying when we arrived. The neighbourhood is lovely, clean, very safe and quiet. John and Valerie's house is beautifully decorated and very spacious. Valerie's checked us in to our beautiful room. There are lots of additional touches that John and Valerie add that makes this stay so more special compared to other accomodation.

John was kind to give us a lift to ponte winery which was up the road.

John and Valerie share their beautiful home with their gorgeous little yorkshire terrier called coco who if I'm honest I wanted to take home with me. Before we left John and coco did some dog tricks for us which was fun to watch. America's got talent...

Richard and I have stayed in a few b&b's on our trip and other trips and John and Valerie's home is one of the best, if not the best!

Breakfast the next day was fabulous which John cooked! Amazing eggs and potatoes! The best! We were fortunate to meet two other guests Linda and John who were also stay at casa bella sera and who we enjoyed chatting to over breakfast sitting outside enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Rich and I felt so at home at John and Valerie's and if we were honest would adopt them as our family so we can go back again and again.

Lovely to meet you John and Valerie. Wishing you both more love and happiness for the future,

Clare and rich Williams x

• Stayed September 2013
John B, Owner at Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
You said, and I quote, "Casa Bella Sera is one of the best, if not the best!" Now that is a high standard to live up to but we are up to the challenge. We feel it isn't enough to just give you a bed to sleep in, any of our Temecula Hotels can provide a bed. You can spend twice as much a night at a Vineyard Resort and even get a Gourmet Breakfast predetermined for you but we feel a Good Old Fashion Bacon and Eggs, Hash Browned Potatoes, with Toast & Jelly, Orange Juice and Coffee wins hands down by most guests. Most guests don't book because we are the most personable, they book because of reviews like yours that tells of their overall great experience. That's what counts. Having the flag of the visiting Guest's Country makes them feel more at home. Most of the time we have state flag of the guest which we do most often. The state or country flag helps identify our home and it works well exceeding your overall experience. Thank you for your heart warming review.
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The majority of people have never found their true calling. They go through life unfulfilled, searching for something that they never find. Of those few that do find this calling, they rarely have a chance to display how much it's meant for them. One person reaching this true level of success is a rarity, but to find two, such as John and Valerie is near impossible. They truly are meant to be doing what they're doing. This is, their calling. It's displayed in their warm personalities to every small detail, from cleanliness to an exquisite breakfast display and palate delight from the comfortable beds after an evening out to the home away from home feel that obviously comes so natural to them.

I could go on about the fabulous breakfast, the decor, the other great guests, Cocoa, the view, and everything most others have mentioned, but John and Valerie are true rare finds. Thank-you so much for topping our anniversary with the cherry on the cake. God-Bless you both. We will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Napoli room. It was spacious with vaulted ceilings, a king size bed and walk-in clo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
John B, Owner at Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
To translate a Spanish phrase to English, "Our Home Is Your Home" This was their home during their short stay. Tony and Diana stayed at our Casa Bella Sera during the best weather conditions you could imagine. It was truly Chamber of Commerce weather. This is the type of weather conditions that make our wines so wonderful and makes a stay in Temecula so much more pleasurable. Our aim in the hospitality business is to make everyone feel at home and comfortable in their environment. When you go away for a day, a weekend or a week; you want to be relaxed and refreshed at the end of your stay feeling good about the time you spent away from the everyday stress we all seem to endure these days. Thank you for your kind words.
TUSTIN, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here during the Labor Day W/End. By the way, all of the previous reviews of "Excellent" are consistent with my own, very brief but pleasant stay with John and Valerie; so instead, I will talk about what was uniquely special about my own experience.

For me, a single female traveler, it was much like dropping in on cherished relatives for a weekend stay. Beforehand, I indicated to John that I could be arriving earlier than the stated check-in time. But on the morning of the first day, John called to confirm my early arrival, just like an uncle would call me to make sure that I was on my way. That was only the beginning of the warm welcome that was extended to me throughout my stay.

On evenings, when I came home from dinner, one or both, were in the family room watching TV, and as soon as I walked in, I was greeted with a warm welcome and inquiry about dinner. It's as if I walked into my own parents' home and met with the same greetings and banter. Now, that.....is.....special.

Much earlier, when I was making my reservations, I spoke with John and requested that my room (Pisa) be exempted from turn-down service; at my arrival, I requested that my bathroom not be serviced during my stay. All of my requests were respected and honored; and it was because of that bit of privacy and the fact that my bathroom began to look like it was being "lived in", that I was able to relax, unplug, and feel very much at home. And truly, that was what this exhausted, frayed, little soul sorely needed: refuge, solace, peace, and quiet.

Naturally, all things come to an end. On my departure, John and Valerie were catering to another couple, enjoying the delicious, hearty breakfast spread that John laid out. Still, both excused themselves and at the foyer, briefly chatted with with me and said goodbye.

Are these family, or relatives, or long-time friends? None of the above. They are warm, attentive, enterprising folks who saw practical value in letting bedrooms, in the process, sharing their beautiful, showcase home and a little bit of themselves. Thank you so much John and Valerie! -- Agnes

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
John B, Owner at Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We issue 2 for 1 coupons from most of the Wineries which are honored on weekdays and can save from $15 to $20 per couple for Wine Tastings. You found our rates are half that of the Larger Temecula Inns and you can select what you want for breakfast. We have a menu for breakfast from Eggs your way, French Toast, Hot Grilled Pancakes, Pork Sausage Links, Bacon, Hash Brown Potatoes, Toast, Orange Juice and of course, Coffee. We know you enjoyed your wide screen TV watching the DVD's you brought but did you know that we also offer at cost, Video On Demand through our provider, Verizon Fios. Next time you come for a restful and relaxing stay, we will see to it that it is as you experienced before. Hurry back to our Casa Bella Sera.

Been to Casa Bella Sera - Private Home Lodging? Share your experiences!