“Romantic central place w great outdoor dining” 5 of 5 stars

Some Like it Hot!
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, WA
“Romantic central place w great outdoor dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, very relaxing, romantic and centrally located for Old Town as well as the many vineyards. The outside dining is excellent with intimate, low lighting areas, as well as brighter open areas for groups and families. We had acoustic Spanish guitar entertainment one night, then soft jazz the next. The grounds are beautiful as well. One small disappointment was the indoor dining area, which was small and felt like we were just in a part of the hotel lobby. They do have a lounge in the basement that was jumping but too loud to talk across the table. We will be back for the beautiful rooms, grounds and that outdoor dining for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the vineyards and hills are great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy L, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi nolook,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the inn. We are glad you enjoyed yourself overall and we would love to have you back. This week we are releasing our new Spring menu at Bouquet Restaurant and with the weather getting warmer, we have no doubt that our guests will be enjoying romantic dinners on the patio in no time. Please let us know if we can make you a reservation next time you visit!

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed two nights here, and we will come back. The staff were helpful, the building and facilities were beautiful. You can't beat the location, very near some great wineries. We ate breakfast at their restaurant and it was superb. While relatively expensive, it is a very nice place to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi supercubber,
Thank you for staying at Ponte Vineyard Inn. We are glad you were able to have such a nice stay with your wife and that you enjoyed our breakfast menu, we work hard to make sure it has unique, fresh and delicious options. Please contact us if there is anything we can do to make your next stay as good as your first.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I wrote a review last July when we stayed at Ponte, and it was just as comfortable as our last visit. I have nothing but compliments for this beautiful hotel and restaurant. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Keep up the good work, you'll be seeing us frequently.

Room Tip: The pond rooms are secluded and open to the vineyards!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi eclary1590,
Thank you for writing another great review of the inn. We are honored that you have chosen to stay with us more than once already and we hope to see you again soon as we are updating our menu for Spring and the vineyards and gardens are blooming for Spring! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure your next visit is as great as your last two.
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The room was so clean and felt very homey. The view of the vineyards wa great. Saw three balloons in the early morning. Good food in the winery area. Nice downstairs bar. Very friendly and competent bartender. Brought us a ice bucket for our wine.

The only difficulty was the hard pillows. If you go, check them right away. The front desk will bring softer pillows if you are the soft pillow types.

Room Tip: The second story floors have a balcony with outdoor furniture. Real nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi racgop,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Ponte Vineyard Inn. We hope you were able to enjoy a peaceful night's sleep once you got those soft pillows. Our staff is happy to assist you in any way to ensure you have a comfortable and relaxing stay so please don't hesitate to ask for anything you find unsatisfactory in your room. We do hope to see you again. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better than your last!
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed over the Valentine's/President's Day Weekend. I couldn't believe what Temecula has become and the Inn was a large part of our enjoyment. In comparison - it is simply the best for the destination. It was not inexpensive but well worth it as it was a short drive for us to getaway. Considering that this inn opened 6 months ago, the service is fantastic. I am a Hotel Executive and recognize what an amazing job they are all doing and have done. Therefore, understanding the complexities of running a small hotel / resort - I suggest you disregard some of the first reviews. We booked a Romance Package which I am hoping the hotel will offer year round because we really enjoyed it.

I loved the glass of sparkling wine upon arrival. The food was so good that we literally ate every meal there. A must have is the Scrambled Eggs wrapped in Smoked Salmon, served on Cheddar Cheese Biscuits. I am still dreaming about it. My husband had the Sea Bass one evening and myself the Filet Mignon with shaved Parmesan - all fabulous. We loved our server Candice - her recommendations were straight on.

We tried several of the recommended wineries but they were ok. We kept coming back to Ponte as the wines in our opinion were much better. We enjoyed them so much that we decided to join their wine club and decided to pick up our shipments so that my husband and I could enjoy coming back every few months to enjoy the hotel & grounds. The wine club offers quite a few nice perks and I love the private tasting room in the back for members. I was also able to make a few nice purchases in their gift shop with 40% off and a 20% discount off my stay. I would recommend joining the club ahead of time so you can reap all of the benefits.

This was our first trip back to Temecula in 10 years so I am not sure if it is always this busy or not. If it is - I might suggest to the Management to serve lunch at the Inn as the restaurant next door with their winery had a 3 hour wait. We luckily had leftover cold flat bread pizza from the night prior for lunch. Plus they have beautiful outdoor seating with an even better view. I would imagine that this is what they hope to grow into but you've got to walk before you can run.

I didn't love the "Cellar" downstairs. So we skipped that to sit outdoors. The rooms were simply decorated, yet clean and modern. The balconies / patios offer fantastic views of the vineyards, mountains and hot air balloons. I loved the toiletries - L'Occitane and their recycling initiative in donating guest's unused items to cleaning less fortunate children and families in other countries. BRAVO! I enjoyed the Keurig Coffee Maker too - just wish the mugs weren't so big and clunky. You could barely get a decent cup of coffee in them.

All in all - this was a pleasant surprise and new tradition for my husband and I. Keep up the great work and best wishes!

Room Tip: The double queen's seem to have a better view of the vineyards.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Viceroy Palm Springs,
Thank you for your review, it's a great compliment coming from someone who works with such a great luxury property. We certainly appreciate all the feedback! Eventually, we may offer lunch service at the hotel, we are paying close attention to guest interest.
We hope to see you at the hotel soon or at the winery now that you are a member. If there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations on your next visit, please let us know!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in Temecula for two nights and stayed at the Ponte Vineyard Inn. It is a lovely new facility, less than a year old. We had a spacious king suite with a balcony overlooking the vineyard. All of the amenities were luxurious and first class. We ate in the restaurant twice for breakfast and had unique, interesting, tasty meals. All of the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. I would return here again to visit Temecula wine country

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi gailvlang,
Thank you for your review of the inn and for visiting us all the way from Eugene, Oregon! We love it when people from all over are able to find their way to us for a relaxing stay in the country. Please contact us the next time you visit Temecula, we would love to host you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been wine club members for three years. We were very excited to see the groundbreaking, building and opening of the inn. When I asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday, she quickly responded with "A weekend at the inn!" Everything was perfect! We had lunch with some friends at the winery then wine tasting and finish the evening in the Cellar Lounge. It was just a perfect birthday weekend for my wife and I. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013
Amy L, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi Henjenn,
We are so glad your wife chose us to help her celebrate her birthday. We know you have a lot of choices in Southern California, thanks for visiting us and for writing this great review!
Our Wine Club Members are so important to us and always enjoy the best rates and perks at the hotel and winery. Please come back and stay with us again soon and let us know what we can do to make your next stay just as wonderful!

Been to Ponte Vineyard Inn? Share your experiences!