“The worst restaurant service ever” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Temecula
Lake Skinner State Park
Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA   |
Ranked #17 of 18 hotels in Temecula
Escondido, California
“The worst restaurant service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

The park is beautiful. The lake very clean. The environment is nice but make sure you bring your own food. The restaurant they have there has the worst service I have ever experienced. They never brought us out water, sliverware or drinks. we had to walk up and ask for our drinks and silverware even after we were served our food. They forgot one of our order but after I saw the that she was pulling my food out of a box, I canceled my order. If i wanted boxed food I would just eat at home. After a long day at the lake, this is the last thing you want to have to go through when everyone is so hungry. I will NEVER eat there again.

• Stayed May 2010

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Orange County, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

My family and I have been camping at Lake Skinner for over twenty years and sometimes it gets a little noisy but we have usually felt safe. This past weekend all of that changed. There were no camp hosts available in our Group C Campground. They were all gone for the night. Apparently there was no one in Campground B where the concert originated. The music was amped up like you were at a concert. All of the campgrounds A, B and C could hear the music. Our group called several times to complain and each time was told someone would be there. It took thirty minutes because the Ranger (only one!) was closing the lake. When he did come I have to say he had an attitude. Yes we went to the campsite to ask them to turn the music down and the men cussed and yelled at us. When we spoke to the Ranger he commented--what do you expect when people come and drink as much as they do at Lake Skinner? Not everyone drinks soft drinks (he assumed that's what we had in our cup). The helper with him (a woman) continually rolled her eyes at anything our group said. I guess rules do not apply to drunks. It also was a little scary to realize that only one ranger was on duty for the weekend with many campers in the park. We used to camp with our young children and had a great time but since the county doesn't seem to take an interest in rules, we will never go back and neither will our friends.

Met a young woman in the campsite and she said it was her first time to camp at Skinner and said, "There is quite a bit of underage drinking going on at the campsites and she would not come back."

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Murrieta, Calif.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We had been warned by friends to stay away from capmground "A" and "B" and that warning was heeded. Those lots were nothing but one big party. Stayed at Lot "C" instead. Our first night was perfect. No noise, only a few respectful nieghbors in the whole Lot. By the middle of day two (Sat) we could see trouble brewing right next to us. A small company party was "brewing" and it proceeded to get larger and larger. Louder and louder with a campfire more like a bon fire, and passed out partygoers everywhere. They felt the need to provide the entire campground with music of every sort, and this went on till Waaaaay after the 10pm quiet time. In fact by midnight I was just about to call in yet another complaint when suddenly the music stopped. And the revelers then decided to converse with the coyotes and other wildlife untill they passed out. (3AM?)Where is management when you need them? And just what does a "campground host" do anyway?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I will keep this brief! Loud Music till early hrs of the morning, young unsupervised teens under the influence of alcohol and Marijuana! The camp host yelling and swearing at the little children for hanging on a pole, but the young teens received no verbal communication from him what so ever. Loud sex and I do me loud from the young teens.
I was told after the fact that Area A was usually for younger campers, but we were not given a choice it was given to us at the front gate! The music started again at 5AM, not from the young teens now they start yelling at the people playing the loud music a camp spot over from theirs... The worst camping experience EVER!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Temecula
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

After dark everybody had a radio and felt the need to turn it up so the rest of the campground could hear it. I don't have a problem with this except it was still going on after midnight. I got no sleep. I was hoping the campground host would enforce a "quiet time" after 10pm but this didn't happen. It finally settled down sometime around 1:00 am. If you're looking to spend a nice quiet weekend in the great outdoors and enjoy the peace and quiet, stay away from Skinner on the weekends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

My family and I camp at Lake Skinner at least 2 times a year. I have read several bad reviews; we think the opposite. Its a beautiful open area with panoramic view of the hills and a crystal clear lake to enjoy fishing and many other activities. It also has wonderful paly ground areas for the kids to enjoy. Yes there can be red ants in the summer time; but lets remember ;we are still camping in the great out doors! We enjoy camping at Skinner in spring time and early summer. I highly recommend camping here with your family; it's a peaceful place to be at a low cost to stay; how can you go wrong. :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We read reviews before we went, maintained OK, most campers drank too much and got loud after the Sun went down. We found acess was easy, bathrooms were not all clean, we did not have to endup up using thier showers , but it was good to know they were there.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Skinner State Park? Share your experiences!