“Nice getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
California City, California
“Nice getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Srayed and played at the resort. We made a spa appointment for massages and found it to be nice but very small and minimal facilities to most resorts. Was a very good massage and service but don't expect facilities for spending the day. Dinner at the Great Oak Steakhouse highly recommended but be aware it is vwry expensive. Overall nice getaway for a couple days.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was invited to a golf tournament at Pechanga so I brought my wife and made it a nice weekend trip. The golf course is one of the best I have ever played. It starts at the club house next to the hotel and winds it's way up the mountains until you get to the top and have a view of the whole Temecula Valley. The Hotel room was very nice and clean. The staff let us know that the top floors could get loud because of the club on the top floor so we got a room on a middle floor and it still had a great view and was quiet. Plan on spending some time at old town Temecula seeing all the shops.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fullerton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

What a great place, we spent 2 nights, the first night was in space by the parking garage, when the bars let out aprox 2:10 a.m. it got sort of loud, Delivery trucks in the morning were a little loud, we were over to the north east corner of th resort, SUPER quiet, they have a very active security staff, a free shuttle to get around the resort and to the Casino, when u place the call, I think it took 1.5 mins for a shuttle to show up at my RV , will return again

Room Tip: the area around the parking structure can get loud
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Was in town for a wedding.

The only bad to say about the resort is that check in, valet, service in general seemed to take a while compared to other hotels. During check in they asked for the same credit card I used to book, well I had booked months before, I had no idea what card it was on. I only usually use two, turns out one of my cards had been cancelled and reissued by my bank, and so the numbers didn't match. They told me they had to refund the old card and charge the new one. This really doesn't make sense, I had already paid, why don't you just put any incidentals and further charges on the new card?! So check in was already taking a while, then this took quite a while longer. Then waiting for valet took a good 15 minutes, and it was a Thursday afternoon. So I would hate to see when it is busier. I asked if there was self parking for the hotel, there is, but it's quite a walk. So that's pretty bad.

However, the hotel is very clean. And let me tell you, my room was AWESOME. I got a king suite. It was on the 8th floor I think, great views of the golf course and mountains. The suite is HUGE. Nice bar, dining room, living room, gigantic bathroom, big king size bedroom, lots of nice spaces to relax. And it was all clean and new. They only had a smoking room, and I couldn't even smell the smoke.

The casino is a good size with a great variety of machines. Plenty of food options. Easy in and out. And Temecula is such a cute area with lots to see and do. Definitely will come back.

Room Tip: Nothing bad to say, but if you get a good rate on the suites, definitely worth it, it's like hav...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Storrs, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I couldn't care less about the casino, I don't care much for smoke-filled buildings with people wasting their social security checks on the slots. Don't eat at the food court, BTW. The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff was actually really nice. They were doing some construction on lower floors, so that was a distraction during the day. The A/C made a banging sound at times, but it was intermittent enough that we didn't request a room change, and it didn't affect our sleeping (earplugs anyhow). As this was a business stay, we had a full breakfast, one lunch and one dinner (all buffets). These were some of the best buffets I have had, and since I usually avoid them as much as possible, that's saying a lot. There was actually a lot of veggie options, but I did sample some of the beef tenderloin and it was excellent. It was actually restaurant-quality! This was one of the best meetings, food and accomodation-wise that I've had in the US.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HUNTINGTON BEACH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed the night @ SouthCoast Winery & check'd out a bit early... so we could visit Pechanga Resort & Casino & have lunch in the buffet. Ive heard so much talk about the food & how terrific the food stations are especially the dessert. We arrived a bit early before the buffet was open so we were able to sign up for the Silver card & spin for $1,000 only winning $5.00 on our players card, which we used towards our buffet meal. The total cost for our buffet was only $10.00. The food was definitely plentiful & the desserts were definitely to die for! We will definitely come back in the future for a Pow Wow or just relax & take it ez.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Temecula, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I can't rate the hotel because I've never stayed here, But I come here often for the shows and dinner. Both are always a blast. The Buffet is good, a bit expensive, but the food is always fresh. I prefer the restaurants. Great Oak is a high end steak house. I've had one great meal there and one so, so meal there. The Italian restaurant is just okay Italian food, but expensive. All the other restaurants have always been excellent. The theater doesn't have a bad seat in it, we have seen numerous plays and concerts there. The RV park is beautiful with full hookups and pull throughs. Been to the Comedy Club once, but the guy that was suppose to perform didn't and the guy that filled in just wasn't that funny. But I have had lots of friends that rave about it. If you are looking for something to do, you're sure to have a good time here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pechanga Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!