“Very pleased with my stay” 5 of 5 stars

Pechanga Resort and Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   45000 Pechanga Pkwy, Temecula, CA 92592   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Running Springs, California
“Very pleased with my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We arrived at 10:30 a.m. We were planning to stay for the night. We played the slots and we played bingo!

For those of you wanting to see what the hotel offers to their guest, I took a few pictures to show some of you what the room looked like. YES we had a coffee maker in our room.

The people at the reservation desk, cashiers, service were all very nice.

I find the best time to drive up there and back is about 10:30 to 11. Any earlier you will get the rush on the freeway of people going to work, After 2:30 the rush starts again, people heading home from work. So overly packed on the Freeway.

The food is excellent. And their desserts are marvelous,

Bathrooms are very clean.

Parking, I normally do valet parking. Very nice guys.

I have been here numerous times and I will return again to play Bingo, that they offer on Tuesday for Seniors.

Senior get $5.00 off any package you select to play. Bingo is located upstairs, where you get free water, cokes, coffee, popcorn and again, very nice service. You can buy drinks, hot dog, pizza, cookies and more. Very fun and relaxing if you want to get away from the slots for a while.

There is some renovations going on, but nothing compared to other casinos I have been to that's so terrible. The reservation desk has been temporary moved to the Club Counter where you get your club card at the main entrance next to the gift shop. Did not affect my fun at Pechanga!

I was completely satisfied and so was my friend that I went with. We both had a great time.

I only took pictures of our room, because I read that a few people were not happy, and frankly I don't know why :) And as far as not having a coffee pot in your room, well you see we had one!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Montclair, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed Tuesday nite there. Had a good time. Very clean place. Our room very nice and clean. Only one thing I had to complaint about was the towels were to rough. They may adding to much soap when they wash. The towels did not feel to good after bath. They need to rinse them twice.
But food good/ slots fine. The staff all friendly. Will go back!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I used to come here a lot 4-5 years ago, but don't as much now for no other reasons but distance. This was my 3rd stay and decided to leave my review. This is only my personal experience and know that some have had a bad experience - guess I just have been lucky.

The rooms. All 3 times I've had a king bed. Twice with a mountain view at the back side (odd number rooms) and once over looking the front (even number rooms). The last time on the 12th floor - the highest floor for this hotel. Every time the rooms have been very clean and no signs of worn, nicked or damaged walls, furniture, etc. I've read some reviews mentioning this, but geez, I've never noticed this problem. Again, maybe I just have been lucky. They have a fridge, but no room to put your own water bottle. I think you can get one in the room for about $10.00/day. Snacks, drinks in fridge are typical for bar prices. TV was a large flat panel HD that was extremely clear with back lit remote. Bed is somewhat firm and I actually lifted the sheets back this time to look at mattress and it looked practically new with a pillow top - no obvious signs of bed bugs. Maybe they just replaced it - never know.

Casino/Bars/Restaurants. Slots/tables are just like Vegas. Money goes out and rarely comes back YMMV. They have 3 bars downstairs and the Eagles Nest. They all have the video machines at the bar 1 offering live music occasionally. All the bartenders seem attentive and friendly, but like any bar on a Friday or Saturday they get slammed and it may come off that they aren't as friendly as mid-week. Several restaurants to choose from and a food court. Paisanos is good but they try to justify the overprice by being pretentious. Kelsey's is great. Coffee shop is being remodeled as well as Noodles. Food court is typical - moderately priced and quick fast food.

Check-in is at 4:00. Only once did they make me wait till 4:00. Last time I got to the counter at 1:50 (mid-week) and no problem checking in and immediately accessing the room.

My only complaint - one time I used valet and they stole items out of my car. Valet had changed a lot of my settings. After a few blocks of dealing with this driving away, I pulled over to fix the changes and checked glove box and center console to notice items missing. I've never used valet here since. I guess changing the settings was the thief's signature.

Room Tip: Mountain/golf course view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you like casinos, this is an incredible place. However, do not read further, as I do not care much for casinos. I was there for other purposes and I did not use the casino, I did not use the golf course, which looked great by the way, and I did not use the swimming pool. Yet, I was there two nights and enjoyed Temecula wine country.
This is actually a nice hotel at a really good price and not far from the Temecula wine country. We took a tour one day that we arranged through the hotel concierge and it was a great tour.
I tried two of the restaurants there - Bamboo and the Casino buffet. Bamboo was a great Vietnamese restaurant at very inexpensive prices. The buffet was funny - a lot of food! The hotel room was surprisingly quiet for sleeping.
If you want a reasonably priced room for staying in Temecula, try this place. If you like a casino, then even better!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were on the 21st floor and had a very nice view of the golf course and pool area. The rooms were very clean, beds and pillows quite comfy.

As soon as you walk in the casino you can smell the smoke and felt I was smoking 4 days later. We took in the band Eclipse at the night club. Be prepared to stand in line for at least 45 minutes if you aren't there right away.

We ate at the Italian restaurant. I had the lobster pasta and ate the whole thing! Very good.

Lighting in the bathroom is very dim so don't plan on putting your makeup on in there.

Room Tip: Higher floors looking out on the golf course are nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sebastian, Fl.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pechanga is a beautiful resort/casino nestled in the hills of Temecula California. For these reasons, my son and daughter in law chose Pechanga as their location for their wedding guests Guests flew from both mainland USA and abroad. Imagine our surprise that the renovations that had been slated to be finished had just gotten started, creating a detour for arriving guests. The golf course was also closed. Guests had brought their clubs to play a round on the beautiful course. But the most disheartening part of the Pechanga visit is that I am still awaiting a call from the Assistant to the Vice President (Michelle Sipple). And it seems that I will be waiting a long time (first request was on September 21, 2013). The guest relations desk employees were rude in my presence, to both the groom and bride, as well as arriving guests. All of this had been communicated to numerous staff members to little or no avail. I was even told by a guest relations person that she did not know who the manager on charge was.

On a positive note, let me applaud Heather, the concierge, who we met approximately 7 months ago on our trip from Florida when my son and daughter in law were first looking at possible venues. Throughout the recent stay, Heather was the superlatively polite, and professional
The same for Greg Sterling (Asst Mgr- Pechanga Buffet) who was extremely helpful during the breakfast that my wife and I were hosting for the wedding guests. His expertise and suggestions were greatly appreciated and he stayed nearby to monitor the breakfast.

Lastly kudos to Diana Jenkins in guest relations who helped to unravel the mess in terms of getting people into the appropriate rooms. She put many hours into making sure the guests were comfortable.

At times resorts forget that there is ALWAYS another place to stay. It may not be as beautiful, but good customer service goes a long way and creates precious memories and a solid recommendation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Did not stay in the hotel, but was very impressed by the casino. Have only seen casinos of this size and quality in Las Vegas. We stayed and played just a couple of hours and then had dinner in one of the restaurants, Paisano's. Excellent food and service, but I will be writing a review on them separately. Did not win, but had a great time! My only complaint would be the strong smoky smell when you weren't in the smoke free gambling area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pechanga Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!