“Beautiful property going up in flames!!” 4 of 5 stars

Pechanga Resort and Casino
45000 Pechanga Pkwy, Temecula, CA 92592   |
Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Temecula
Helendale
“Beautiful property going up in flames!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pechanga is a beautiful, spacious resort casino easily accessible off the interstate in Temecula. The setting is superb--close to Old Town, shopping and wineries. The golf course on site, pool area, rooms and array of gambling choices--it's one of the largest casinos in California--are great. The only problem: feeling like your gambling in the middle of a cigarette carton!! I've been to tons of casinos in Las Vegas, back East and the Caribbean, and I've never experienced so much SMOKING in my life. It's ridiculous and because of it, I will never return to Pechanga even though everything else about the property is great! If you don't mind inhaling a lot of second hand smoke and up your risk of getting lung cancer, then try Pechanga. Otherwise, there are plenty of other casinos in the San Diego area that aren't as smoky!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Garden Grove, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and i have been going to Pechanga for three years now,we stay at the beautiful R.V. park.Have always had a great time and looked forward to going back.
This last trip was a dissapointment.First they raised the price of a "draft beer" from $3 dollars to $3.75 after we leave a tip thats $10.00 for 2 beers.Then we went for Mexican food at the food court to get a" taco bowl salad" that use to be so fresh and homemade and find out it has new management,the food wasTERRIBLE! you could get better at taco bell,and they raised the prices.We will never eat there again.Also had dissapointment at the Cafe which always had great food,The gravy was currdled on the chicken fried steak and on last day had a hamburger raw after ordering well done sent it back brought me another still to raw,disgusted i just left food didnt eat. Sad because we always would look forward to our trip, would normaly give an excellent rating cant this time:(

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I contacted Pechanga in August 2012 to arrange a room block for my May 2013 wedding. I spoke to Jacquelyn Smith who was actually very nice and extremely helpful. We blocked 15 rooms for our event.
The wedding weekend comes and my entire wedding party, family and friends get to pechanga to check in.......only to have to wait in the lobby for hours trying to get the correct rooms.
Most of my guests booked rooms with 2 beds and non smoking. When they went to check in they were told that there were no rooms available with 2 beds but they would give them one bed and a cot. In a smoking room. May I add they still wanted to charge them the same price? Which is not a minimal amount. $239.00 for the Saturday night and $139.00 for the Sunday night.
Needless to say, my wedding party and guests were all pretty upset. They had to sit and argue with their staff for almost an hour. Some of them they were able to magically find a room with 2 beds for but most of them had to deal with the smoking room, one bed and a cot.....and still pay the same price.
My husband and myself also stayed at the hotel. They had initially charged my father's credit card back in August 2012 for $250.00 that was to be applied to my room charges, the remainder was to be charged to my father's credit card at check in. The hotel staff mistakenly charged my husband's debit card (not my father's) for the full amount of the charges (not applying our $250.00 deposit). I saw the pre authorizations on our wedding day and called down to the front desk to correct this. Sandy explained to me that these were not going to charge our card, they would be forwarded to my father's card (the master billing card). I had to find out the hard way that they had charged my husband's debit card afterall when I tried to use the card the next day entering Mexico for our honeymoon!
I tried contacting Pechanga ( I was working with a manager by the name of Tina Cramar) and they are no help what so ever. They keep stating that Michele Jolie is going to call me, to talk to me about their errors and I receive no phone call. They keep telling me that they have mailed a check to refund our $250.00 (our deposit that was never applied) and we have received nothing.
I would never recommend this hotel to my worst enemy, let alone the hotel you choose for your entire wedding party....family and friends to stay at for your wedding.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
Templeton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from a 3 day event held at the Pechanga Resort & Casino. It was a sorority convention & we had lots of fun. The resort is very clean. The rooms are well maintained & spacious. There are floors for no smoking...we secured rooms on the third floor. We had a view of the pool & frequented it daily. The valet parking is free..just tip the folks that literally run to locate your vehicle. They must stress excellent customer service in their training..because it showed everywhere!
I'm not a gambler...and didn't like the smoke..the nonsmoking areas still had smoke..so you just deal with it if you must be in the casino. Eat at "Bamboo", excellent Asian cuisine, a few fun shops.
Old Town Temecula has some good restaurants and there is plenty of shopping nearby

Room Tip: Third floor is a great location..on the pool level. DON'T do 12th floor, under the club.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been going to this casino and resort for several years. Every time we go, we enjoy it more. Temecula, close by, is a quaint town to visit and the outlet stores at Elsinor are good too. Nice place to go for a few days away.

Fort Irwin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the rv park for one night. We had a great time shopping in the myriad shops inside the casino, gambling, and the food was amazing! We were most impressed with the customer service from every person in the establishment. Everyone was smiling and polite. As neither of us were smokers we were a bit worried about the nasty smoke smell and second-hand smoke found in casino's. While its not possible to eradicate all the smoke, the air filtration system they have must be something else because the place does not stink to high heaven and you can actually enjoy being there as a non smoker. Would definitely return once the temperatures drop in Temecula (got to hot in our travel trailer for the AC unit to keep up).

They also have shuttles that will take you anywhere you want to go on the property, 24/7. Very polite drivers.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Needed a place to stay that was conveniently located near the wineries and the safari park. Made last minute reservations, the staff was very nice and accommodating, we were even allowed to change sites when we got there. Very well maintained and clean. Used the bathrooms, showers and spa, all spotless. Went on a Monday-Wednesday, prices very reasonable. The people were older, many small dogs, rv clubs, not our usual crowd, but we would return again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pechanga Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!