“The rooms are just okay at this pricey hotel and casino” 3 of 5 stars

Pechanga Resort and Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   45000 Pechanga Pkwy, Temecula, CA 92592   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Los Angeles, California
“The rooms are just okay at this pricey hotel and casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The way Pechanga advertises itself, I was expecting the rooms to be more like the nice and upscale rooms you can find at Las Vegas casinos and hotels. While bathrooms in Pechanga rooms are nice, the bed and living area are decent and completely satisfactory but not great or worth the high room rates.

Pros: Convenient location if you are planning on spending a lot of time in the casino or this hotel's club, very nice and spacious bathrooms.

Cons: Room rates are very high during certain nights, limited flexibility on late checkout.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
long beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a company sales retreat. The Indian Casinos are not my favorite because it just isn't Vegas, but I was impressed with the quality of the hotel and room. The spa prices were very affordable. I usually travel with my kids, and I wouldn't bring my kids here because the pool didn't seem all that kid friendly. The staff was very nice too. I left a tip for housekeeping on the first day, and when I returned to my room, I found a handwritten note that said "Thanks for the tip". I always tip housekeeping and I have never had someone leave a note. If your looking for a nice "staycation" with out the kids, this is the place for you. Don't forget to ask for the complimentary turn down service.

Room Tip: I didn't see any other room type, so can't say. I had a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We stay a lot down there. Staff are friendly and very knowledgeable of the area, especially if you are looking to do some wineries. I think the round bar get to congested with the local kids, but they leave usually after the bar closes if you want to sit and relax. Fun place to relax, eat good food, and play a little. Enjoy :)

• Stayed May 2013
Sun City, cali
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well I made reservations for 2 suites for 4 girls get away, well when we tried to check in hum seems they did not have one of the suites reserved...I had my computer print out saying we had 2 suites reserved but ahumm something happened....( I made these reservations over a month in advance)..finally got the problem solved with one suite with an adjoining room which worked out, but seems every night we was locked out of our rooms as something was wrong with the key cards/ room looked out over dirty roof of the restaurants which we could smell the grease, 5th floor at the very back...you would think they would comp us a discount as they messed up the reservation..instead they over charged, not to mention the slots were tight and drinks expensive....down the road to Harras next trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is great. The rooms are clean, quite, spacious and modern. What a beautiful view. A number of people complained about the smoke in the casino. Come on. It's a casino. People smoke in a casino. I am a non-smoker and never noticed it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We bought a weekday golf package. The course is beautiful and challenging but is not marshaled for pace of play so we had an annoying 5 hour round. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are spacious, clean and nicely furnished. I had no complaints about the casino. It was a little smokey but tolerable. Most tables are $10 and up minimum...just found one $5 blackjack. We ate at the new Asian restaurant and it was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I did not stay at the resort, but stopped into the casino for a couple hours. What a horrible, depressing, smoky place! Other reviews are correct about the smoke... It's everywhere even in the so-called non-smoking sections.
We wanted to play a little bit of roulette (Which is done with cards that you cannot see the faces of stuck into slots on a wheel ... No ball is allowed on the roulette wheels in California). There were no roulette tables open in the non-smoking section whatsoever-- The only open roulette tables were in the smoking sections, which were horribly smoky. After about an hour of sitting at the table without any server coming by to offer drinks, We asked the dealer and pit boss if there were servers here?? They called for a server, but one never came. In the approximate two hours we were there, we never did get a drink or even an offer of a drink or a bottle of water.
This is not a fun, festive casino atmosphere. It is more like a depressing old folks home where people come and sit there with frowns on their faces, gambling away their money and drowning their sorrows. It was a Thursday evening, not very crowded, but I was surprised by the lack of service considering there were so few customers actually in the casino at this time.
After two hours of this depressing, smoky atmosphere, and absolutely not one offer of a drink or service whatsoever, we decided to leave for greener pastures -- Soup Plantation, here I come!
I would never, ever return to this casino; Nor would I recommend it to anyone. Terrible experience!!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temecula
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
#6 of 19 in Temecula
4.0 of 5 stars 593 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Temecula
Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country

Been to Pechanga Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!